Vincenzo Iaquinta (10 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Iaquinta is a good player, the only thing with him is that he was not a team player.Once he started playing for the team and not himself he started playing better.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Iaquinta isn't as talented as many other forwards. But he is the kind of player that transcends better players, because of his effort, intensity and passion.

Geof

May 14, 2004
He makes me think of a sort of Camo in another postition. Not the greatest natural talent, but a great passion and winning mentality that gives him the edge against opponents.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Did anyone else think that Iaquinta is much better & useful in the wings than when he plays in the attack line ?

if you go back to WC2006 you will see also that Lippi was using Iaquinta in the right wing and never put him in the attack line as a " Seconda punta " or even " Prima Punta" .

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Cuz he can run with ball,he can dribble(ok,not like Del Piero),he can score FK's,he's reasonably fast a very strong,awesome in the air.... that is my conclusion after watching him 2 years in Udinese.

He offers much more then trezeguet....like it or not
Except the number of guaranteed goals.

Don't get me wrong, all those things you said stand, except for the last part. I think Iaquinta is a good forward, very good perhaps, but my main problem with him is I think of him as a small club players, meaning he tries to impress too much himself. That can pass at Udinese but not Juventus. I do hope he proves me wrong though.

Mar 14, 2004
Except the number of guaranteed goals.

Don't get me wrong, all those things you said stand, except for the last part. I think Iaquinta is a good forward, very good perhaps, but my main problem with him is I think of him as a small club players, meaning he tries to impress too much himself. That can pass at Udinese but not Juventus. I do hope he proves me wrong though.

where were his goals when we needed them in CL? nowhere.
When our midfield is stopped,Trezeguet is useless,like playing with handicapped with 10 men. Iaquinta can at least do something by himself and open the space for Nedved to have a clear shot or drag some defenders from Del Piero....for whom I always claimed that suffers from non creative midfield and a stupid anchorman by his side in attack....either it was Inzaghi or Treze....

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

where were his goals when we needed them in CL? nowhere.
When our midfield is stopped,Trezeguet is useless,like playing with handicapped with 10 men. Iaquinta can at least do something by himself and open the space for Nedved to have a clear shot or drag some defenders from Del Piero....for whom I always claimed that suffers from non creative midfield and a stupid anchorman by his side in attack....either it was Inzaghi or Treze....
LOL, where was everyone elses goals? Where was the midfield? It's his job to make use of what his midfield gives him. If our midfield is stopped Trez will be useless, but give him one chance and he'll take it, give Iaquinta 5 and he'll miss 3 or 4 and you'll curse his name for eternity.

It all depends on the system and how you play. Personally I always prefered a combination of a supporting striker(DP) and a traditional striker(Trez). One to take on the defenders and one to make use of that space that's left.

Mar 14, 2004
LOL, where was everyone elses goals? Where was the midfield? It's his job to make use of what his midfield gives him. If our midfield is stopped Trez will be useless, but give him one chance and he'll take it, give Iaquinta 5 and he'll miss 3 or 4 and you'll curse his name for eternity.
BUT,isnt his so called job to score? You say so,and if it is,it's his fault that team don't score.

I'd rather had a player that has 5 chanches in a game than one that has only one....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)