Vincenzo Iaquinta (11 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

BUT,isnt his so called job to score? You say so,and if it is,it's his fault that team don't score.

I'd rather had a player that has 5 chanches in a game than one that has only one....
It's his job to score of course, but is he the only one? And if he doesn't score, in 90% of cases it's because the midfield didn't provide.

I'd rather have both, it seems more logical.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Iaquinta and Trez are both diff players, David is one of the best finishers and a class goalscorer in Juventus history and football in general.

Iaquinta is pretty new to the team and he's been doing good so far.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta and Trez are both diff players, David is one of the best finishers and a class goalscorer in Juventus history and football in general.

Iaquinta is pretty new to the team and he's been doing good so far.
Explain that to barkuss. ;) He's the one convinced Trez is useless.

Mar 14, 2004
It's his job to score of course, but is he the only one? And if he doesn't score, in 90% of cases it's because the midfield didn't provide.

I'd rather have both, it seems more logical.
well,I'd always have both strikers that can be independent of a midfield....

even so....take a look what Iaquinta did.....he had an assist and a goal. He was dangerous inside and outside of a box. I give credits to trez too...and I claim...and you completly missed my point of view. Trez is one of best finishers,but Iaquinta is by far superior player individually

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well,I'd always have both strikers that can be independent of a midfield....

even so....take a look what Iaquinta did.....he had an assist and a goal. He was dangerous inside and outside of a box. I give credits to trez too...and I claim...and you completly missed my point of view. Trez is one of best finishers,but Iaquinta is by far superior player individually
Well I disagree and I didn't miss your point at all, I know quite well what you mean. I'm saying they're different types of players and both are stronger in some areas than the other, which brings me to my first point; it all depends on the situation, one can be more valuable than the other in a certain situation, thus when looking at all aspects, I don't think Iaquinta is superior at all. His type of player, lets say Drogba(fast, strong), is superior individually to Trez, but Iaquinta himself, no.

Mar 14, 2004
I would say yes......in fact,Drogba and iaquinta are to Similiar players,and iaquinta is younger.

Is he fast? Yes he is
Is he strong? Hell yes
Is his technique good? It is
Does he hass a cannon in his right foot? Yes
can he shoot FK? Yess he can and he did for udine
Areal power? Superior
Finishing? Above average
Handling the ball? Good

now,lets see trez

is he fast? he's not slow,but looks lazy and he is lazy
is he strong? he's not
is his technique good? maybe is,but he hates to use it
Does he hass a cannon in his right foot? no
Can he shoot FK? no
Areal power? Average,he has good headers,but he never scored with his head while been chalanged by any serious defender
Finishing: superb
Handling the ball? UH?!?!??!

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
It's like comparing a CB with a LB or RB.
I think the two of them should just be used as a duo (especially once DP retires or isn't good enough anymore).
It's like the Ibra/Trez duo from 2 years ago, total different players that both "need" eachother.
Iaquinta to create room and chances and Trez to finish them.
Of course Iaquinta will also score a goal from time to time, but in general, Trez will score more.
You can't compare then, they are complementary.

Mar 14, 2004
Yess chester,but why not having 2 of strikers that can open spaces and score?
Isnt that more effective,more dangerous and provide much more spaces for midfield 2 advance?

It's like asking: one chicken or 2 chicken? :)

i'm tired od discussing thhis and typing,cya on the game gentlemen ;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
barkuss, I disagree that Trez doesn't have a strong right foot. He scored quite a few goals outside the area, and they were pretty good ones too.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I would say yes......in fact,Drogba and iaquinta are to Similiar players,and iaquinta is younger.

Is he fast? Yes he is
Is he strong? Hell yes
Areal power? Superior
Finishing? Above average
Handling the ball? Good

now,lets see trez

is he fast? he's not slow,but looks lazy and he is lazy
is he strong? he's not
is his technique good? maybe is,but he hates to use it
Does he hass a cannon in his right foot? no
Can he shoot FK? no
Areal power? Average,he has good headers,but he never scored with his head while been chalanged by any serious defender
Finishing: superb
Handling the ball? UH?!?!??!
LOL, your ratings are nothing short but laughable TBH. More like this:

Iaquinta:

Is he fast? Yeah he is, but he can also run with the ball all day long and often valce out the pitch with it
Is he strong? Yeah he is
Is his technique good? You're joking right? It's below average, unless you consider running with the ball and pushing it forward technique. In that case he is superb.
Does he hass a cannon in his right foot? Yeah he does but it tends to end up on the stands most of the time
can he shoot FK? Below average, I'd be curious to see how many free-kicks he scored
Areal power? Very good, tall and physically strong
Finishing? Average, at best
Handling the ball? A little below average, sorry but I've seen the ball get away from him a few times to many.

Trez:

is he fast? a little below average, but I definetly wouldn't call him lazy
is he strong? Average, he's no Ibrahimovic or Iaquinta but he's no Inzaghi either
is his technique good? Overall, it's below average really, but as Capello once said his technical ability in the box is unmatched and that's what counts.
Does he hass a cannon in his right foot? He's no R.Carlos but he has a very strong shot, have you perhaps seen his goal against Piacenza last season?
Can he shoot FK? Nope he can't
Areal power? Above average, he has scored numerous goals with his head against weaker and stronger opposition
Finishing? Unmatched probably
Handling the ball? Very weak.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Iaquinta may not be the finisher nor the sharp passer but his work rate is so high that he makes things easier for his companions. For these qualities I say he fits best in a trident.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Isnt that more effective,more dangerous and provide much more spaces for midfield 2 advance?

Because you need one striker to finish the chances of created by a player like Iaquinta, Trez has the ability to be at the correct spot to score the goal, Iaquinta won't score the amount of goals Trez will score, never.
You need one finisher and one Iaquinta if you play with two strikers. What's the point of creating chances when there isn't a player there on the right spot to score the goal?

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007

Is he fast? Yes he is
Is he strong? Hell yes
Areal power? Superior
Finishing? Above average
Handling the ball? Good
WOW !! easy dude..... Iaquinta was great last match, but it was his first good game, it's too early for poems, and comparing him to Drogba

You forgot to ask an important question:

Is he Useful ? sure he was on Sunday, but before that ......

I hope he keeps going

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

shhh ure point is very stupid give it up

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I can see the point that barkuss give.

Looking at Iaquinta workrate last game, Trez is look like a very lazy player.
He is just wait for the pass from midfield or cross from wing.

I agree it will be more effective and dangerous if that 2 strikers have great ability to scoring(not just average). And I am sure this combination will be more entertain.

BUT , if we look in our condition now... Trez is known as 1 of the best finisher (we can look his record 140++ goal in 7 season = 20 /season).
I think if Trez keep scoring and end up with 20++ goal this season , it will doesn't matter.

Now our problem is not in attacking. Our problem is our defender.

Aug 26, 2003
as many said before you can't really comapre this two players because they are very different!

i am happy to have them both!

Iquinta is a worker with a good all round ability while trez is a deadly finsher i think you won't find many with a better scoring rate then him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)