Vincenzo Iaquinta (10 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I Give Myself A Seven - Iaquinta

Former Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta talked about Juve's start to the season.

Along with team mates David Trezeguet and Jonathan Zebina, Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta attended a fashion show in Milan and was asked by reporters to talk about Sunday night's derby against Torino.

"I've never played a derby in my life and I can't wait to take to the pitch, for me it will be a new emotion," the striker said. "I'm happy about my start to the season, if I had to give myself a grade it would be a nice 7: I came from a small team and it was not easy to find my place in an important team like Juventus."

The Bianconeri are surprising those who expected a low-key season on the team's return to Serie A, but Iaquinta is not that surprised.

"I think that in Rome against one of the strongest teams in Europe we showed what we are made of and against Reggina we confirmed our progress," he boasted.

"In this Juve whoever plays always gives their contribution, we don't notice it when an important player is missing. We have to maintain this same mentality, only like this we will be able to do great things and put anyone in difficulty.

"Scudetto? It's still early to talk about it, the league is still long and there will be many teams fighting for it, not just Inter and Roma."

Danilo Pochini

goal.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good on ya Vinnie keep up the good work!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 26, 2007

Thats Iaquinta at the Dsquared fashion show accompanied by Jonathan Zebina and Gianluca Pessotto. I was so happy :weee: when I stumbled upon his photo there. He looks pretty healthy although he is just sitting and enjoying the show...so I am hoping he plays for the game on Sunday.

Sep 26, 2007
well i can hope its not officially ruled out is it yet? i know most people are saying he is not but, just yesterday he seemed so sure about playing tomorrow in that interview.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta out of derby day --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are without Vincenzo Iaquinta for the Turin derby due to a calf problem, so Claudio Ranieri is forced to tinker with his squad once more.

The striker has had an excellent start to the campaign with three goals, including the last minute equaliser at Roma last Sunday, but had already missed out on Wednesday’s 4-0 win over Reggina.

The right calf injury has still not cleared up, so Iaquinta will be in the stands for the derby against Torino.

He is joined by long-term injury cases Jean-Alain Boumsong, Mauro Camoranesi and Jorge Andrade, as well as the suspended Jonathan Zebina.

“Iaquinta’s absence does complicate my plans somewhat,” confessed Ranieri, who had perhaps been prepared to field the same trident attack that held Roma 2-2.

“He was doing very well, but we have seen that there are players who gave a good response when called upon.”

Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet are the prime candidates to start upfront, but it remains to be seen whether Tiago Mendes or Raffaele Palladino will be given a creative role behind the pairing.

Juventus squad: 1 Buffon, 2 Birindelli, 3 Chiellini, 4 Almiron, 6 Zanetti, 7 Salihamidzic, 10 Del Piero, 11 Nedved, 12 Belardi, 17 Trezeguet, 19 Criscito, 20 Palladino, 21 Grygera, 23 Nocerino, 24 Olivera, 28 Molinaro, 30 Tiago, 33 Legrottaglie

channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)