Vincenzo Iaquinta (111 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He seems unconfident and irritated on the pitch. He was never the best finisher but recently he has been very poor.

Either he isn't fully fit or he is suffering from a drop in confidence.
How exactly has he been poor but Amauri hasn't? IQ has scored twice in two games (almost 3) up until yesterday and he still looked good. At least his shots are on target and potentially lethal.

It is annoying that people won't give him the benefit of the doubt after being injured for so long yet instantly people love to find excuses for Amauri. Why is that?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Or he's letting his nose do all the thinking.
Or his nose is blocking his vision.
How exactly has he been poor but Amauri hasn't? IQ has scored twice in two games (almost 3) up until yesterday and he still looked good. At least his shots are on target and potentially lethal.

It is annoying that people won't give him the benefit of the doubt after being injured for so long yet instantly people love to find excuses for Amauri. Why is that?
In yesterday's game Amauri >>> Yakwinta.

You though Yak was good yesterday? Good compared to what?
Did you not see how he almost decapitated the 'keeper on the one-on-one, when he should have calmly slotted it in the corner?
Yea to be fair he did have it on target :rolleyes:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I saw that and also the one he dragged horribly wide when it was simple to at least get it on target.
He didn't come close to killing anyone with the one that was dragged wide.

I am, of course, assuming that is the sort of 'lethal' Hustini is on about, because Iaquinta clearly isn't a clinical finisher.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His shots are definitely lethal. He could have killed that poor goalie with that headshot. It's sad that people prefer him over Amauri just because Amauri has shitty long hair and a poor on field attitude.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Did you not see how he almost decapitated the 'keeper on the one-on-one, when he should have calmly slotted it in the corner?
I saw that and also the one he dragged horribly wide when it was simple to at least get it on target.
He didn't come close to killing anyone with the one that was dragged wide.

I am, of course, assuming that is the sort of 'lethal' Hustini is on about, because Iaquinta clearly isn't a clinical finisher.
I got it. No need to spell out the joke like that. :D
Keyword here ladies, potentially. 2 goals, almost 3 in 2 games is better than a bunch of almost "on targets" from the other guy that gets defended for coming back from injury...blah blah blah.

Keyword, again, potentially. Did our other striker playing yesterday have a shot on target or get himself in a position to even shoot?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would Iaquinta have got those chances without Amauri working off the ball and occupying defenders?

I quite like Iaquinta and Amauri as a pairing. A useful option when power is going to be the best way to break down a defence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)