Vincenzo Iaquinta (107 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Idk but for him as a former Udinese player and to celebrate must of pissed off the fans to celebrate in such a manner
Iaquinta apologises to Friuli crowd
Sunday 19 September, 2010

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has apologised for the disrespectful gesture he made to his former fans at the Stadio Friuli.

He was booked for his controversial celebration after scoring in Juve’s 4-0 triumph away to Udinese.

“Iaquinta disappointed me. In 25 years I have never seen such a lack of respect for the fans,” slammed Udinese President Giampaolo Pozzo.

“We signed Iaquinta when he was just some poor kid in Serie C club Castel di Sangro. We raised him, introduced him to top level football, paid handsomely and then he went to Juve.

“Udinese do not deserve such treatment.”

The forward watched the tape of this interview and apologised to the Udinese patron.

“I would like to point out I was not cross with the President or anyone at the club, who I have always respected a great deal,” insisted Iaquinta.

“My gesture was aimed at the Udinese supporters. Today I wanted to play and to score, as they hurled serious insults at me and my mother.

“In any case, I apologise to everyone, it was the wrong way to react and I regret it.

“I have always been a calm person, but this is the third time I have come to Udine and been showered with insults. I scored today and just couldn’t take it any more.

“I spent some wonderful years in Udine, so I don’t know why there is now so much bitterness aimed at me.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Udinese fan told me earlier that apparently when he and Jankulovski left Udinese were quite good and the fans weren't too pleased about those two players angling for moves away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)