Vikings (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How can you go from being a servant girl one day and the next day you're going off on raids? And we're supposed to buy that this chick is carry a sword that weighs more than her body weight and that she's able to defeat seasoned warriors with ease. Oh and she's pregnant? Ffs.
She got worked and beaten in her first big battle. And she was a servant, not a seasoned warrior shield maiden, but they are brought up with the readiness and basic necessity to fight for your own. She got more serious training for this briefly by professionals, but doubt it was the first time she was doing it to some degree. Most of them are farmers and regular folk, but also warrior folk who expect if its necessary, even the elderly and children to pick up weapons.

Yeah she just got pregnant, and it was to show how naive and immature Björn is basically, for not using his head properly.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Oh, and I was sad seeing Torstein go. :(

The man was a warrior though so it was a good death for him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Interesting episode.

Looks like Rollo will become king of France, surely he is the bear, Fuck the King of Wessex and his gaylord son. I wonder what the reaction will be.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How can you go from being a servant girl one day and the next day you're going off on raids? And we're supposed to buy that this chick is carry a sword that weighs more than her body weight and that she's able to defeat seasoned warriors with ease. Oh and she's pregnant? Ffs.
In fiction it's pretty easy: you just imagine it.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Interesting episode.

Looks like Rollo will become king of France, surely he is the bear, Fuck the King of Wessex and his gaylord son. I wonder what the reaction will be.
He won't. He will become the first Duke/Count of Normandy though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo

Even though the timeline of Vikings is a bit fucked up, this is obviously what is happening. Especially after what the Seer said.

- - - Updated - - -

also he did train her for like 47 seconds
I think the assumption was that she was training for months between Season 2 and Season 3. That is believeable as she was destroyed by a random soldier on her 2nd ever battle.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He won't. He will become the first Duke/Count of Normandy though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo

Even though the timeline of Vikings is a bit fucked up, this is obviously what is happening. Especially after what the Seer said.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the assumption was that she was training for months between Season 2 and Season 3. That is believeable as she was destroyed by a random soldier on her 2nd ever battle.
Yeah that is what I meant :D My bad.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Need advice. Dropped the show after S2E01 because I didn't like how Ragnar cheated on Lagertha, had the family move away and intended to raise the new kid. Now I am short of stuff to watch, is Season 2 any good?

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
She's a shieldmaiden. It's true to history - viking women did fight. Although I believe the pretty ones didn't, but who would want another GOT Brienne of Tarth? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)