Vikings (1 Viewer)

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
A return to form. The show had been lacking "heart" this entire season, or ever since athelstan departed the show, but the last half of that episode. I felt it. I like the casting of the older brothers too

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
A return to form. The show had been lacking "heart" this entire season, or ever since athelstan departed the show, but the last half of that episode. I felt it. I like the casting of the older brothers too
Ivar looks completely different. Lets see what happens now, they will have to go back to England but talk of the Mediterranean is interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and can that lizard looking bitch just die already what a boring ass character. This season has made me hate so many characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Cue Alfred v the Lodbrok boys

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Talk of the Mediterranean is because of Björn the historical character went to Normandy, Spain and even Africa as fairly adventurous viking. England is mainly for the rest of the brothers to make their fame in while going there with daddy.

Second half this season should be amazing because shit gets super real when the sons are grown up and become notorious chieftains, especially Ivar.

Too bad we will have to wait for ages for the other half, late autumn I'm guessing.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I'm watching it.

I'm really scared how this show will survive without Ragnar who is the heart and soul of it.

On the other hand, Great Heathen Army can be great and some of Ragnar's sons seem interesting (Ubbe, Ivar, Bjorn).

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Manly tears were shed.

Ragnar might be one of the best and most developed TV show characters I have seen. I will miss watching him greatly.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Character is easily one of the best, visceral and most badass I seen on tv (Travis Fimmel is such a scene stealer here, captured his inner struggles so well, despite questionable writing), more so because I'm very fond of history/iconic tales and no one has bothered to do Vikings to flesh like this (even if this show is a joke historically speaking). They managed to make Ragnar such a sly, sarcastic and intuitive character, could see the character come to life in so many small moments where he had completely unique perspective to things that was so different from what his culture expected of him at times.

Ivar and Björn will have a HUGE mantle to bear now, because Ragnar really was like 80% of this show, even when the shows writing detoriated so bad when they made him a delirious junky, he still had such magnetic presence in every scene that will be hard to recapture. Only actor and character that could take on this burden is Rollo (in some ways more badass), but his story is played out already...

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I hope Ragnar stays in the show for the rest of season 4 in some kind of spirit/ghost form, showing up to the important people in his life.

Season 5 will be hard without him though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)