US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I guess I'll just have to explain to the smartest guy on the forum; Seven, that Mc cain is the lesser of 2 evils

I dont even know if I'm voting yet....my vote doesnt count in liberal New York state

ask me how the economy here in New York state, with the liberals running the show

answer- highest taxes in the union :(
maybe the taxes are high cuz of the freakin' war
all over the world the prices are going up, I really doubt it has anything to do with a republican or democrat in the office
but hey if you think everything is fine as it is then just go ahead and vote for McCain
we don't have a say in this but we will feel the consequense later on

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
the shitload of taxes I have to pay every year concern me
:spliff:
Think about all the stash you get in return: roads for your car, school for your kids, food administration that prevents manufacturers selling food that will kill you, garbage men that prevent your yard from becoming Napoli etc

You should celebrate, not whine about it. :weee:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I love paying taxes and I am not kidding here. The more I pay taxes the better becomes my standard of living. Fucking blue government and their tax lowering policies!

But all this can be much more interesting if it were not for politics.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Think about all the stash you get in return: roads for your car, school for your kids, food administration that prevents manufacturers selling food that will kill you, garbage men that prevent your yard from becoming Napoli etc

You should celebrate, not whine about it. :weee:
chill man I only replied to Jack
I'll pay no worries, I'll be a good citizen

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For me politics is insignificant.
I wish I could say that. Because if not for some 30000 votes out of the national count and a lot of underhanded foul play, 4000 Americans might still be alive right now and perhaps some 100000 innocent Iraqis. And my federal government might not be an extra $2 trillion in the hole -- of which my share accounts for at least $7000. All for a decision some politicians falsely made by fabricating bogus information to the national public.

So yeah, I think politics has to be significant.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I am still waiting for someone to give me a legitimate reason why Obama is better than McCain. Besides the lame argument that he is not old and senile or just because he is not McCain or he is a breath of fresh air, etc.. I want substance to back up your messiah of american politics.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
comparing deaths of soldiers in a WAR overseas to innocent people on American soil is just outrageous !!

Try again, Bessie !!
But this is like having my daughter killed in a drive by shooting. So I send my son over to the house of some gang of thieves who are totally unrelated to the drive by, but I convince him and my family members that they are related -- even though I have every bit of information that they're not. And then my son gets killed shooting up these thieves. How is that not outrageous?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I am still waiting for someone to give me a legitimate reason why Obama is better than McCain. Besides the lame argument that he is not old and senile or just because he is not McCain or he is a breath of fresh air, etc.. I want substance to back up your messiah of american politics.
He's.... intelligent? He's.... not a complete tool?

Just how low are you setting the bar here?

David01

Aug 20, 2006
because Obama wants to pull the troops out of Iraq and end this madness

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He's.... intelligent? He's.... not a complete tool?

Just how low are you setting the bar here?
platforms and initiatives martin, not bare-boned insults and rim shot comedy humor

because Obama wants to pull the troops out of Iraq and end this madness
is that all you got? i don't recall McCain ever blatantly saying or implying that he wants to leave troops in Iraq. i doubt anyone's approval rating would be very high going into this election if that were their intentions. i think both candidates want to get troops out, the difference of opinion and votes would be on each candidates plan of extraction

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
is that all you got? i don't recall McCain ever blatantly saying or implying that he wants to leave troops in Iraq. i doubt anyone's approval rating would be very high going into this election if that were their intentions. i think both candidates want to get troops out, the difference of opinion and votes would be on each candidates plan of extraction
:howler:

No offense Dru, but seriously, it's obvious you don't follow this stuff much.

McCain even stated he'd have troops in Iraq for ONE HUNDRED years if necessary. But it's pretty obvious he wants troops there for a long time, as otherwise, that will "cause an American defeat and the people who lost their lives lost them in vain."

This is one of the terrible things about this country. We value American lives far more than anybody else, and it shows.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I won't go into a gut feel or sentimentality to killing off the old guard for new ideas approach here, which is what made me vote for Obama in the primaries. That was primarily driven because the guy voted against the Iraq war and smelled a rat, even when the politically popular thing to do at the time was to lynch Iraq for revenge eventhough all the intel was faulty and fabricated.

I think McCain is a much better Republican we've seen in ages. That said, the man is unfortunately wholly compromised by his party right now. From all the indicators I can tell, he's been asked to make a deal with the devil to get elected -- including shutting up when he wanted Lieberman as his VP and taking the RNC's designated Palin instead. And the RNC generally dislikes the guy -- it's clear.

So to keep the RNC's agenda of invading Iraq, knocking down regulations that could have helped prevent things like this global financial Armageddon, devaluing science and intellect in favor of allegiances and blind faith, putting issues like guns and gays and God ahead of international relations and financials and scientific advancement, they've created a puppet in Palin who is in their pocket.

Given that they can control a weak presidential candidate by influencing him to make concessions for the party line, and that they have inserted a blank slate VP candidate who would have a 30% chance of taking office in the event of McCain's untimely death and would serve as an empty vessel to do their bidding, I want those clowns and their claws out of the machinery of the federal government.

I want the American Taliban out of office, is really what it comes down to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)