US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (3 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Check out the movie "Inherit the Wind" while you're at it. Old ass movie, but you watch it and frighteningly realize how relevant it is to this day.

(Oddly, it was another Stanley Kramer movie meant to bust the chops of McCarthyism, the HUAC, and the Hollywood blacklist... much like another awesome flick of his, "High Noon". Little did he know that history would revive the evolution debate and forget the anti-Communist witch hunts.)

great great recommendation gregster, thansk a lot. it was real interesting to see gene kelly play that role; and it came out through United Artists which you of course know was partly started by anotehr great satirist(or great period) Sir Charles Chaplin

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
great great recommendation gregster, thansk a lot. it was real interesting to see gene kelly play that role; and it came out through United Artists which you of course know was partly started by anotehr great satirist(or great period) Sir Charles Chaplin
Glad you liked it. I was a bit surprised when I watched it.

And hands down: Charlie Chaplin was the most badass celebrity ever. :bow:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Would now be a bad time to admit that I can identify "Chori Chori Hum Gori Se" by Udit Narayan & Abhijeet from the movie Mela (and later re-aired in The Guru)?

I really am turning Desi, I think I'm turning Desi, I really think so...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Stupid Hillary fans still harping on the sexism issue. As if nobody would vote against Obama because he's black. Watching a bitch on MSNBC right now who is saying she will vote for McCain just because her Hillary didn't get the vote. Christ, talk about dogs.

These different, absolutely ridiculous feuds could be the downfall for Obama. I'm still thinking he could lose this election just because some people here are unable to think logically.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps. Like I said, I don't rule out anything here. But seriously, you should see some of the people here who hold these ridiculous grudges over people. Race, sex, et cetera, no holds barred. But what gets me are those who vote for guns and this false security of "safety against terror."

Most of the people that will vote Republican are voting for the right to bear arms and safety. The first one ridiculously unnecessary, the second a farce. Chances of dying in a terrorist attack in this country are less than winning the lottery. So the issues here form sort of a paradox, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)