US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (29 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
actually it's because his father's name is Hussein :D
again I know but the media used this to link him to a figure that is not so popular in the US,
I don't want to offend anyone but any conotation to the Islam doesn't get you ellected in America
seems that you are missing my point, I know he isn't muslim and that his name isn't Saddam Barrack Hussein but any tactic is good in the ellection race
are we cool now?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
sallyinzaghi said:
this is a freaking disgrace. the only reason why blacks have 'better lives' now in america is because it was like crap before this, and lets face it white americans made it that way. i made a research on this, and i was honestly horrified by how blacks were being treated. now im not being anti-white american, im telling it as it is. and actually, lives for blacks now though it is better than last time, is still inferior to that of your average white american. this is the harsh truth. first of all, it shouldnt be "better" because it shouldnt even be "worse" prior to this. and "better" doesnt cut it, life should be just equally as good for everyone because black white chocolate everyone's an american citizen despite your ethnicity - isnt that what america parades?
do all the research you'd like , sally, but I live here, I pay taxes, and I see exactly where my tax dollars go

if everyone here feels that blacks are owed for what happen over 100 years ago, and dont feel that they get enough here now, the you dont have a fucking clue

generations upon generations of blacks have been, and are still on welfare, and know that they dont have to work, and that the rest of us will support them....what kind of system is this ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
nothing to do with color, but nationality. My ancestors werent here when slavery existed in this country
How do you know my great great grandfather had anything to do with slavery?

:confused:

missing the point again, Andrew. The sick and elderly should be given welfare...the able-bodied brothers on the street corner shouldnt be granted welfare

And you obviously dont know too many black people, because food stamps are the official currency of the ghetto...and the poor people you speak of arent committing crimes for survival...most are doing it for their next crack fix...believe me, I know !!!
You're right, I don't know many African Americans. But I have worked at a grocery store as a cashier at age 15, and the only people using food stamps were white.

Sure, food stamps might be the currency of the ghettos, but how are you going to solve this problem? You can't just figure out the good guys from the bad guys and only give the food stamps to the former. It isn't that easy. I'd rather they pass out that government funding to everyone instead of not passing it out at all, because all that would do is create even more crime.

Not everybody out there who steals/commits crimes is doing it for drugs. Some are doing it to survive ie obtain money for food, etc. And not all of those people are black.

But we're avoiding the issue here. The fact is, this country originally put African Americans in slave camps, and they will never recover from it no matter how much money we give them. Like I said before, you push someone's nose in the dirt far enough, they will never recover. That is what happened HERE.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
do all the research you'd like , sally, but I live here, I pay taxes, and I see exactly where my tax dollars go

if everyone here feels that blacks are owed for what happen over 100 years ago, and dont feel that they get enough here now, the you dont have a fucking clue

generations upon generations of blacks have been, and are still on welfare, and know that they dont have to work, and that the rest of us will support them....what kind of system is this ??
But Vinni, it's impossible for us to truly provide the black community with a reasonable sum of money to "pay" for what this nation has done to blacks in the past. They will never fully recover from what this country did to them.

They live in the place this nation put them in.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
But Vinni, it's impossible for us to truly provide the black community with a reasonable sum of money to "pay" for what this nation has done to blacks in the past. They will never fully recover from what this country did to them.

They live in the place this nation put them in.
BULL-FUCKING SHIT !!!

we owe them NOTHING...a new generation, a different set of circumstances

they get EVERYTHING given to them....what else do you want to give them ??

tell you what, you go ahead and donate 70% of your pay per week to them, if you feel so inclined, and feel that you owe them something....I owe them SHIT !!!

its only when the government, and even more specifically the liberal state of New York, stop giving away free money to people who are capable of working, take away their benefit cards and food stamps then these people will have NO choice but to go out and WORK for a living, like the rest of us....and stop affirmative action which does nothing but show that whites must be superior to blacks because they can get a scoring only 75%, while I have to score 90% or above to get the same job....this happened to me 16 years ago, and its not fair to anyone

What ever happened to take who's best for the job according to their merits rather than skin color ??

Talk about racism

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
I hear it every day-

'you're only bothering me because I'm black"

"you only pulled me over because I'm black"

"you're arresting me because I'm black"...."but ma'am you are being arrested for possession of heroin"...."yeah, but the only reason you're locking me up is because I'm black":wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

now, who wants to talk about racism ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
BULL-FUCKING SHIT !!!

we owe them NOTHING...a new generation, a different set of circumstances

they get EVERYTHING given to them....what else do you want to give them ??

tell you what, you go ahead and donate 70% of your pay per week to them, if you feel so inclined, and feel that you owe them something....I owe them SHIT !!!

its only when the government, and even more specifically the liberal state of New York, stop giving away free money to people who are capable of working, take away their benefit cards and food stamps then these people will have NO choice but to go out and WORK for a living, like the rest of us....and stop affirmative action which does nothing but show that whites must be superior to blacks because they can get a scoring only 75%, while I have to score 90% or above to get the same job....this happened to me 16 years ago, and its not fair to anyone

What ever happened to take who's best for the job according to their merits rather than skin color ??

Talk about racism
But I'm not necessarily saying we should give them trillions of dollars. What I am saying is that they cannot totally recover from what this nation put them in, which was a pile of dog shit. African Americans have been put in this precarious position, and no amount of money can remedy that because it's part of our history. We just have to deal with it, and take steps to change the bad parts of urban culture, one of which ways is crack down on firearms and get them out of the hands of hick white folks.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I hear it every day-

'you're only bothering me because I'm black"

"you only pulled me over because I'm black"

"you're arresting me because I'm black"...."but ma'am you are being arrested for possession of heroin"...."yeah, but the only reason you're locking me up is because I'm black":wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

now, who wants to talk about racism ??
as i agree with you on the fiscal burdens, your assessment on the black community is really disturbing. I mean you d have to be completely bind not to think that as a whole it is a disadvantaged community whether it's the lack of opportunity or a shattered familial structure(perpetrated by cyclical waves of social stigmatization). We really have no business judging a whole community; it accomplishes nothing. especially if said community is the bottom of the barrel.

Aug 1, 2003
I understand where Vin is coming from - why should he pay for crimes committed long ago when he wasn't even born yet? Furthermore blacks could very well take an advantage of it and use the "race" card whenever it fits them

In fact, in my research Vinni which I did not post, I also made a point where if blacks were fighting for equal rights and status, there shouldn't be welfare or quotas for blacks because everyone should have equal opportunity irrespective of their race - if people shouldn't favour whites they shouldn't favour blacks either, and that's equality.

however, I was referring to Pat's comments; I hated how he painted this picture of whites in america being the blacks' saviour when clearly they were not historically, as the stats have shown, that's all.

And you may not like it Vin, alright you would know more since you live there and I don't, but everyone's entitled to an opinion from what they read or whatnots - the blacks are still at a comparative disadvantage to the average white american .. it's unfair for you to pay for your ancestors' crimes, but it's also unfair for them to be put in this situation to begin with.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I understand where Vin is coming from - why should he pay for crimes committed long ago when he wasn't even born yet? Furthermore blacks could very well take an advantage of it and use the "race" card whenever it fits them

In fact, in my research Vinni which I did not post, I also made a point where if blacks were fighting for equal rights and status, there shouldn't be welfare or quotas for blacks because everyone should have equal opportunity irrespective of their race - if people shouldn't favour whites they shouldn't favour blacks either, and that's equality.

however, I was referring to Pat's comments; I hated how he painted this picture of whites in america being the blacks' saviour when clearly they were not historically, as the stats have shown, that's all.

And you may not like it Vin, alright you would know more since you live there and I don't, but everyone's entitled to an opinion from what they read or whatnots - the blacks are still at a comparative disadvantage to the average white american .. it's unfair for you to pay for your ancestors' crimes, but it's also unfair for them to be put in this situation to begin with.
And you are correct with what you say, Sally. And I do live here and I'm an American.

That is your name, right?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
as i agree with you on the fiscal burdens, your assessment on the black community is really disturbing. I mean you d have to be completely bind not to think that as a whole it is a disadvantaged community whether it's the lack of opportunity or a shattered familial structure(perpetrated by cyclical waves of social stigmatization). We really have no business judging a whole community; it accomplishes nothing. especially if said community is the bottom of the barrel.
Word brother.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
in most African-American neighborhoods, the family structure doesnt exist. Many children live with just their mom, or grandma...and not their dads

its because many black men feel no responsibilty for themselves, or their children...many have multiple "baby's momma's", with multiple kids........what a fucking joke !!

And guess who pays for them to spread their seeds around irresponsibly, and pays to raise their children ??

you guessed it, the tax paying slugs like you and me

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Black, white, brown ... I would gather a lot more families have surrogate dads these days. Not just black families.

It's a myth that "tax-paying" whities are somehow role model families, that's for sure. Everybody is guilty here to varying degrees.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
in most African-American neighborhoods, the family structure doesnt exist. Many children live with just their mom, or grandma...and not their dads

its because many black men feel no responsibilty for themselves, or their children...many have multiple "baby's momma's", with multiple kids........what a fucking joke !!

And guess who pays for them to spread their seeds around irresponsibly, and pays to raise their children ??

you guessed it, the tax paying slugs like you and me

exactly! if we dont stop the cycle it will just keep on going on, and thast the way i see it not bailing out but trying to fix and we are doing a poor job btw

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
exactly! if we dont stop the cycle it will just keep on going on, and thast the way i see it not bailing out but trying to fix and we are doing a poor job btw
and exactly what are WE supposed to do when these ignorant, no job, no conscience, wannabe gangstas have no consequence for their actions ??

the simple answer is just to build more prisons, because they are given EVERY chance available to them, and many just dont want it

free healthcare, free food, free money, free college....you tell me where it ends ??

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Free healthcare? :howler:

Free food? Do you think people with food stamps eat a gourmet meal every day? :howler:

Free money? What money is free? :howler:

Free college? Who gets free college? What colleges are free? :howler:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
and exactly what are WE supposed to do when these ignorant, no job, no conscience, wannabe gangstas have no consequence for their actions ??

the simple answer is just to build more prisons, because they are given EVERY chance available to them, and many just dont want it

free healthcare, free food, free money, free college....you tell me where it ends ??
I sympathize with your general sentiment here, but I think you're asking the wrong question. The question shouldn't be "how much money do we have to spend on this problem", rather "what measure are actually effective". Because when you keep listing all these benefits that apparently are there and aren't helping anyone, it's a very economical view on something that is a social problem.

I fully expect Osman to post something from his Captain Obvious collection now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)