US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (10 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:howler: :howler: :howler:

The NY Times is reporting John McCain had an affair with a lobbyist in 2000, with staff members blocking their "meetings" and warning McCain that what he was doing was wrong.

The Republican Party - Moral Leaders of the World !!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:howler: :howler: :howler:

The NY Times is reporting John McCain had an affair with a lobbyist in 2000, with staff members blocking their "meetings" and warning McCain that what he was doing was wrong.

The Republican Party - Moral Leaders of the World !!
Both American politicians and American journalists should grow up.

1. Some affair with a lobbyist is hardly important.
2. It's not because you've got some power you have to screw around all the time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hubby hub hub. Liberals are terrible for the Economy, Obama has no experience whatsoever, especially in foreign matters, in spite of the fact that he graduated from Columbia University with a degree in foreign relations and lived in Jakarta for a number of years. Huckabee has gained so much foreign relations experience from his day talking with some guy who made his Chicken Lo Mein. Obama's helped all sorts of people find jobs and homes in Chicago, but yeah, this guy would be terrible for the economy and doesn't know anything about the Middle East.

Go fuck your mother.
I'd vote for Obama, but I think you still need to be a little bit reserved towards him. His populistic discours isn't all that mature. Then again you may just need that to get elected.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Thank you (American) people!
I do realize now, why the American voters dont give a damn, for us
(the rest of the world) since the situation and their internal problems can be so "complicated", that would leave no room for that!
Considering the false info they might be feeding you, leaves you with no chance, to make the wisest decision. The American voters have minimum fault here,
not only the special ones, like Andy,
but its there own interests that indirectly guide their government to act like that!
And you cannot ask from someone to fight his own interests, for the shake of humanity...
You are not the arrogant, selfish piece of $hit, the rest of the world think you are!
The fate of the world cannot be decided by the American voters!
Even if they do get to vote a decent president, they cant know for sure his hidden agenda, after all he is a puppy of his party/funders/high rank supporters
and dont forget: all politician are hypocrites!
(well maybe except Bush, since he is too stupid for that)
The Anti-American propaganda is overrated, the world barely handles the American existence, but i believe this is what we brought to our selves.
As a Greek, i m not in a position to judge the Americans, they are our spiritual western child, they act exactly as we did, in our prime and they are proud of it, exactly is we are today.
(create culture, expand commerce/financial growth, science, democracy, bla bla bla, by the western standards, we set)
But as a citizen of the modern age, i expect them to be more responsible/reasonable,
times have changed, the conflict of interests remain the same, but they way of resolving the differences is way different today.
US proved that they can destroy an empire as powerful as the Russian federation, without the use of lethal force and they set some new high standards for the modern world, going back in the age of stone wouldnt be the wisest idea...
Third world countries are not the barbarians, they once were, the war on terror makes sense only when ppl from both sides are not terrorised
There are countries in the world that live with the fear that the new US president might bomb their country,
just imagine your selves in their place, thinking who would, mister Obama, bomb?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i'll submit my summary and thoughts on hilary and B.O.'s swing through texas this week later on today.

here is a teaser for you guys to chew on>>

"black people love obama"

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Both American politicians and American journalists should grow up.

1. Some affair with a lobbyist is hardly important.
2. It's not because you've got some power you have to screw around all the time.
It is when a party harps about being morally better than everyone else. I don't care what a man does with his spare time. If someone says they are the moral majority, then why don't they act the part.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
"What I'm scared of is how Obama or Hillary will spend billions of dollars we don't have on all the new programs they want to impose. People need to be spending money on stocks and bonds, not paying higher taxes."

- Glen Beck

Well good fucking point, Glen Beck. Who put us in this position? And I guess we should only let Republicans handle the big spending because they're so fucking efficient at it. Glen Beck is a fucking faggot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thank you (American) people!
I do realize now, why the American voters dont give a damn, for us
(the rest of the world) since the situation and their internal problems can be so "complicated", that would leave no room for that!
Considering the false info they might be feeding you, leaves you with no chance, to make the wisest decision. The American voters have minimum fault here,
not only the special ones, like Andy,
but its there own interests that indirectly guide their government to act like that!
Most people over here don't really care what happens elsewhere, it's true. People care about their own interests, which ranges from gun laws to taxes or the economy. My point of view is that there will always be something that I don't agree with no matter who is in office, but the economy is the most important facet of our nation as well as making sense. Wasting billions and billions of dollars in an unneccessary war that takes the lives of not only our soldiers but all sorts of innocent people doesn't make sense to me. It's a shame a lot of people support that shit though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Now Beck and the author of "Liberal Fascism" are blasting FDR, citing that he wanted to follow Woodrow Wilson in a path towards "Liberal Fascism."

:rofl2:

Sorry, Vinni, but this is too much. This is all bullshit, which is what I've seen every single time I've watched Glen Beck, Mr. right-winger.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
"What I'm scared of is how Obama or Hillary will spend billions of dollars we don't have on all the new programs they want to impose. People need to be spending money on stocks and bonds, not paying higher taxes."

- Glen Beck
What Glen means to say is that people should be spending money on his stocks and bonds -- meaning, increasing their market value.

Actually, what a true capitalist should say is that they should be spending their money on useless crap that employs all of us in this consumer-fed economy. But that's another story.

As for spending billions of dollars we have on new programs the president wants to impose, we already had 8 years of George W to set the standard for that. Thank you national debt! Thank you busted annual budget! Thank you Asian-buyers-of-American-bonds bailout!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Swedish Court Rules Government Email Is Public Domain

A Swedish special court ruled last week that all electronic mail to and from local government clerks and politicians comes under the freedom-of-information act and is in the public domain, open for everyone to read. The decision came after a local Gothenburg newspaper complained to the court that a local council clerk refused to let it read his official email. The court said that a document, regardless of its form, is official when received by or drawn up by an authority.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CGN/is_n3401/ai_20544878

This, my friends, is why Sweden routinely ranks in the top 3 most democratic and least corrupt states. No feverish shredding of documents and "oops we lost those emails". It's not urban legend, it actually exists.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=24490

I don't get why they should take sides in these elections. People all over the world should know that the solution for all the problems in the world is

"Would you mind you own business, please??"
You're not this naive, Rebel, so stop pretending to be. The only thing people ever mind is their own business, whether inside their own borders, or frequently, outside. Do you think this Islamic forum is concerned about the welfare of Americans? I think more likely they are concerned about the insane financial and military aid to Israel that comes back to bite them in the ass ever so often. And that is their business indeed.

As the name of this thread says, the US presidency has incredibly wide ranging effects on much of the world. That's why we care.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You're not this naive, Rebel, so stop pretending to be. The only thing people ever mind is their own business, whether inside their own borders, or frequently, outside. Do you think this Islamic forum is concerned about the welfare of Americans? I think more likely they are concerned about the insane financial and military aid to Israel that comes back to bite them in the ass ever so often. And that is their business indeed.

As the name of this thread says, the US presidency has incredibly wide ranging effects on much of the world. That's why we care.
Well, I don't see him as the man who will change anything in the American policy in this region at all. Some Israelis are already moaning about his advisors who may have some opinions that Israel doesn't like. For example: Zbigniew Brzezinski, Robert O. Malley and Susan Rice...

But reading how the man himself is thinking just makes him nothing but another episode of the American presidents whose only target in this region is helping Israel. Here are his words on Foreign Affairs magazine:

For more than three decades, Israelis, Palestinians, Arab leaders, and the rest of the world have looked to America to lead the effort to build the road to a lasting peace. In recent years, they have all too often looked in vain.

Our starting point must always be a clear and strong commitment to the security of Israel, our strongest ally in the region and its only established democracy. That commitment is all the more important as we contend with growing threats in the region -- a strengthened Iran, a chaotic Iraq, the resurgence of al Qaeda, the reinvigoration of Hamas and Hezbollah.

Now more than ever, we must strive to secure a lasting settlement of the conflict with two states living side by side in peace and security. To do so, we must help the Israelis identify and strengthen those partners who are truly committed to peace, while isolating those who seek conflict and instability. Sustained American leadership for peace and security will require patient effort and the personal commitment of the president of the United States. That is a commitment I will make.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20070...arack-obama/renewing-american-leadership.html
He merely says that his goal would be helping Israel to find partners, as if the only problem here is that Israel can't find any partner, ignoring that his main goal should be advising Israel to respect others first.

Well, I don't blame him for his views on the region, but I blame those who think he may change anything, at least in this region.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So.. rather than saying "mind your own business" you're saying "do mind the election, but don't support the wrong guy"? That's not the same thing at all, Reb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)