US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (36 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Obama's mindless muttering of the week....

"if you make between 75 and 100 thousand dollars per year you aren't a part of the middle class, and will be taxed accordingly"

so who's the middle class, those who work at Burger King and make 25k per year ??

nice to see that I'm rubbing elbows with those rich bastards making 6 figures per year...where's my country club membership ??

next week, I'll post more of his mutterings regarding illegals, and English as our primary language
I never heard Obama say that this week.

And I can't wait until you vote for Huckabee, and have to deal with more guns on the street. People should get what they vote for. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Obama's mindless muttering of the week....

"if you make between 75 and 100 thousand dollars per year you aren't a part of the middle class, and will be taxed accordingly"

so who's the middle class, those who work at Burger King and make 25k per year ??

nice to see that I'm rubbing elbows with those rich bastards making 6 figures per year...where's my country club membership ??

next week, I'll post more of his mutterings regarding illegals, and English as our primary language

as much as i hate to say it but we can blame Bush for moving down the middle class thresholds; de facto arming the 'crats with 10 years of populist slogan material. The last thing this economy needs is more taxes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
as much as i hate to say it but we can blame Bush for moving down the middle class thresholds; de facto arming the 'crats with 10 years of populist slogan material. The last thing this economy needs is more taxes.
What this economy needs is equal taxes in proportion to income rate. It's not fair that the upper class receives such a ridiculous tax cut when people cannot even feed their own family.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What this economy needs is equal taxes in proportion to income rate. It's not fair that the upper class receives such a ridiculous tax cut when people cannot even feed their own family.
no sir the cure is negative income tax; but the current inflation(which is kinda limited to food and gas) is largely due to reasons beyond economic reach and control.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
no sir the cure is negative income tax; but the current inflation(which is kinda limited to food and gas) is largely due to reasons beyond economic reach and control.
Inflation isn't the problem. And we have to tax pretty hard right now as we are billions in debt. How are we supposed to build up healthcare, take away debt, etc when we still have a current account that is negative billions of dollars? Our current account must be horrendous right now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Actually I thought the cure was productivity. Actually manufacturing things in our own country instead of outsourcing the jobs and rolling the dice on the stock market. That in accordance with inventing shit we can build ourselves would help out a lot. By the way, I think WV should charge the entire east coast rent if they build that power line through the state, Im talking at least 2 million bucks a year to ruin our countryside. We may be open for business but it should come at a price.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I never heard Obama say that this week.

And I can't wait until you vote for Huckabee, and have to deal with more guns on the street. People should get what they vote for. :tup:
Huckawho ??

Guns will always be on our streets...no matter who's in charge, or what gun regulations anyone comes up with

And Obama did make that statement, whether you heard it or not

Which is exactly the first thing a democratic president will enact...I live in the peoples republic of New York, the most democratic (communist) of all states, and believe me the taxes are high enough !!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Huckawho ??

Guns will always be on our streets...no matter who's in charge, or what gun regulations anyone comes up with

Which is exactly the first thing a democratic president will enact...I live in the peoples republic of New York, the most democratic (communist) of all states, and believe me the taxes are high enough !!
The funny thing is when I went to school in NC we referred to them being a red state as commies. Any way, why are you afraid of taxes. A republican will just through your dough to some lost cause Middle East "conflict". So whats the difference?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Huckawho ??

Vinni, you don't understand your own party. You don't. Huckabee has made a commercial with Chuck Norris of all people alluding to the fact that he will make it easier for people to carry guns on the street. Do NOT tell me that more guns on the street are the solution, because as you know it is indeed bullshit. The lesser gun control, the more guns in the world, the more chance someone who should not be carrying one will obtain a gun. It's pure statistics, Vinni.

I don't want another Wild West. Learn something about your own party, brother. Your loverbody Bush in 2004 was one of the worst Presidents in history after you voted for him. Just remember that. Nothing personal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The funny thing is when I went to school in NC we referred to them being a red state as commies. Any way, why are you afraid of taxes. A republican will just through your dough to some lost cause Middle East "conflict". So whats the difference?
That is correct. :agree:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Vinni, you don't understand your own party. You don't. Huckabee has made a commercial with Chuck Norris of all people alluding to the fact that he will make it easier for people to carry guns on the street. Do NOT tell me that more guns on the street are the solution, because as you know it is indeed bullshit. The lesser gun control, the more guns in the world, the more chance someone who should not be carrying one will obtain a gun. It's pure statistics, Vinni.

I don't want another Wild West. Learn something about your own party, brother. Your loverbody Bush in 2004 was one of the worst Presidents in history after you voted for him. Just remember that. Nothing personal.
Actually my dream is to carry a Peacemaker down the streets of Sheptown. That and showing up in Vins dept with coffee and doughnuts.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Inflation isn't the problem. And we have to tax pretty hard right now as we are billions in debt. How are we supposed to build up healthcare, take away debt, etc when we still have a current account that is negative billions of dollars? Our current account must be horrendous right now.

:) read up on economics thats exactly what i was referring to, our deficit is not the cause of this inflation. Moreover with unemployment low taxing more would only make matters worse. Whatever the case our economy is more respondent to monetary policy anyway.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Actually I thought the cure was productivity. Actually manufacturing things in our own country instead of outsourcing the jobs and rolling the dice on the stock market. That in accordance with inventing shit we can build ourselves would help out a lot. By the way, I think WV should charge the entire east coast rent if they build that power line through the state, Im talking at least 2 million bucks a year to ruin our countryside. We may be open for business but it should come at a price.
oh that got obsolete like 20 years ago; we have been a service economy for a while now.

I just invite all of you to read up more on economics as it will undoubtedly change your mind on political issues.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:) read up on economics thats exactly what i was referring to, our deficit is not the cause of this inflation. Moreover with unemployment low taxing more would only make matters worse. Whatever the case our economy is more respondent to monetary policy anyway.
But the inflation isn't that bad. We're ranked like 40th in the world in inflation. Our unemployment rate is not entirely bad, but it needs to be fixed. I don't know how to do that, but pulling money out of our asses is not the way as it's impossible, being so much in debt with this ridiculous, insane war that Vinni voted for. Taxing people with higher income is the only solution because it should be taxation with the same percentage that provides this nation with relief. Fuck hedge fund managers.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
oh that got obsolete like 20 years ago; we have been a service economy for a while now.

I just invite all of you to read up more on economics as it will undoubtedly change your mind on political issues.
Well pilgrim, most people know and understand that we are a post industrial economy and have been for sometime. But what most people don't know is the effect its had on our economy.

As for the reading changing my mind. No it won't happen. I don't care about money. Being poor is cool with me, as long as I can find wages swinging a nine pound hammer and find a drink at the end of the day, frankly I don't give a shit. What I do care about is freedom, human rights, health care for children and black people. None of those seem to be high on the government agenda these days.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well pilgrim, most people know and understand that we are a post industrial economy and have been for sometime. But what most people don't know is the effect its had on our economy.

As for the reading changing my mind. No it won't happen. I don't care about money. Being poor is cool with me, as long as I can find wages swinging a nine pound hammer and find a drink at the end of the day, frankly I don't give a shit. What I do care about is freedom, human rights, health care for children and black people.
You, sir, are a great person. Probably better than anybody who has posted in this thread.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

As for the reading changing my mind. No it won't happen. I don't care about money. Being poor is cool with me, as long as I can find wages swinging a nine pound hammer and find a drink at the end of the day, frankly I don't give a shit. What I do care about is freedom, human rights, health care for children and black people. None of those seem to be high on the government agenda these days.
have an open mind and think of the whole system as opposed to how it affects you or how it makes you sleep better at night. I recommended a few pages back the documentary "our brand is crisis" granted we are no bolivia but the famous adage still holds for us you cant make an omelet without breaking them eggs

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
have an open mind and think of the whole system as opposed to how it affects you or how it makes you sleep better at night. I recommended a few pages back the documentary "our brand is crisis" granted we are no bolivia but the famous adage still holds for us you cant make an omelet without breaking them eggs
I have an open mind about thing I just don't rank economy high on my priority list. But I would be open to any reading you were to propose.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, it's not narrowminded. Creationism needs to be dismissed.

Oh, wait, I see your problem here. You're saying you think it's okay if people want to believe that the Genesis tells us a true story. Meh, I think it's stupid to think so, but I wouldn't have such a big problem there. Creationism however takes it one step further. Try looking it up.

Creationists, my dear friend, LIE. And they know they do.
Well theres no point taking this any further then..it wont change anything..I believe theres a god that created humanity and this whole earth and you think i'm an idiot for thinking so..i think i can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)