US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (141 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532603 said:
That's why he pluralised and said "terrorists".

But the point is, with Islam, Judaism, or Christianity, there would not be the Crusades, the Inquisition, WWII, Israel/Palestine conflict, or any of the terrorist bombings by Muslims or the Northern Irish/Irish....
wrong. if it wasn't for humans being naturally greedy, envious and/or power hungry, most of these things wouldn't happen.

christanity, islam, judahism, etc. are not the reasons, they are the excuses.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
and you are different than that? You are calling everyone idiot who don't accept evolution, in other words you see yourself better than religious people.

so DA! It was me who called him that not Tahir :D
Evolution is fact, snoop. And most religious people understand evolution is fact. A religious man who disses evolution is an utter retard. So I'm not calling myself better than religious people. I am saying I am better than creationists though.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Well, my man Bill Richardson ends his candidacy and it looks like all hell is breaking loose. By the looks of this thread, you lot of cocks have new candidates such as Andy's dad, Muslim terrorists, Adam and Eve all getting into the race. This has inspired me to get on the North Carolina ballot, and promote my Ultra-Right Wing, Super Christian agenda thus taking votes away from Mike "Soon to be Suicide Bombed by Pado" Huckabee.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, my man Bill Richardson ends his candidacy and it looks like all hell is breaking loose. By the looks of this thread, you lot of cocks have new candidates such as Andy's dad, Muslim terrorists, Adam and Eve all getting into the race. This has inspired me to get on the North Carolina ballot, and promote my Ultra-Right Wing, Super Christian agenda thus taking votes away from Mike "Soon to be Suicide Bombed by Pado" Huckabee.
The Bible has always played a role in American politics. Don't tell me it doesn't now. This Huckabee fellow is quite the annoying chap huh.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Evolution is fact, snoop. And most religious people understand evolution is fact. A religious man who disses evolution is an utter retard. So I'm not calling myself better than religious people. I am saying I am better than creationists though.
no it is not a fact; it is the most plausible theorem and believing otherwise does make you subjective to say the least. however in no way shape or form is it a fact, think of newtonian vs quantum physics.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Yes. Shit heads can quit calling it the "theory" of evolution, as it is scientific fact. I'm sorry but saying that we all come from Adam and Eve does not constitute a valid argument. Sadly, that all the wingbats have.

Edit: I should say it is scientic fact in my opinion, and I'm not open to thinking any differently.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
no it is not a fact; it is the most plausible theorem and believing otherwise does make you subjective to say the least. however in no way shape or form is it a fact, think of newtonian vs quantum physics.
It is fact in the global theory we have created for this universe.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes. Shit heads can quit calling it the "theory" of evolution, as it is scientific fact. I'm sorry but saying that we all come from Adam and Eve does not constitute a valid argument. Sadly, that all the wingbats have.
Type in Ricky Gervais and creationism on Youtube. In fact it's just Ricky Gervais reading the Bible, but it's still funny.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I used christians and Jews in every single post. You're seeing things my friend. And even more importantly, you're trying to discredit me by saying I have a thing against Islam.

Israel was quite obviously founded because of the guilt many Europeans and Americans felt after WWII. But to say religion wasn't a primary reason is quite strange to say the least. Because despite the fact a lot of Jews might look Jew, a lot of them don't as well. I don't think there's such a thing as a Jewish race. Hitler prosecuting them thus had to do with their religion.

The European pogroms might have had socio-economic factors behind them, but religion was most definitely a reason itself as well. And yes, when Israel was first founded it must have been unfair towardsthe Palestinians. But would it have been that bad if it weren't Jews, but muslims who would have come to live in Israel?
I know this has gone very far from the original topic of the thread, but would you elaborate the bolded sentence please??

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well the most brilliant minds have created a global theory 600 years ago, and one of it's facts stated that the Earth is flat.

So ok 7, yes it is fact :)
Well you're right about one thing. The Catholic Church didn't officially recognize the Galileo's THEORY until 1992.

On 31 October 1992, 350 years after Galileo's death, Pope John Paul II gave an address on behalf of the Catholic Church in which he admitted that errors had been made by the theological advisors in the case of Galileo. He declared the Galileo case closed, but he did not admit that the Church was wrong to convict Galileo on a charge of heresy because of his belief that the Earth rotates round the sun.
A sort of partial pardon then. Just goes to show the most irrational beliefs are clung to for the longest time. I wonder if it's gonna take 350 years before evolution finally is accepted by even the most irrational people.

148 years and counting...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well the most brilliant minds have created a global theory 600 years ago, and one of it's facts stated that the Earth is flat.

So ok 7, yes it is fact :)

1408? The Renaissance? Well let's see. What was one of the major issues of the Renaissance world view.. I'd say humanism, which puts man in the middle of everything. Which basically means that man should explore, should investigate the world.

Another thingy of the Renaissance is science. It started out with refound interest in Greek and Roman philosophy (mind you, some Greeks thought of the Earth as being round), but quickly evolved into a more critical way of thinking.

If anything the Renaissance is what started the whole idea of science. As you know the Copernican revolution has been quite important. Copernicus was born in 1473. That's not exactly 600 years ago, but still. Copernicus most certainly didn't think the earth was flat. So really, I don't think it's quite the way you want to go with your argument.

We see evolution happening, it's right there FFS. That people on this forum seem to have so much problems condeming creationism only shows how far some of religion's backwards theories have deeply scarred man's ability to think.

Which brings me to my latest point. A global theory only work if there's nothing to counter that theory. In 1408 there might have been no clear evidence that the Earth wasn't flat. Thus the theory at that point worked. Today there is evidence the Earth isn't flat, thus the theory wouldn't work anymore. In our global theory there is no place for creationism, because we see the opposite happening all the time.

But hey, consider me beaten by your "witty" remark.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Thats not the point Seven, all I am saying that nothing is for certain. The whole debate between Evolution and Creationism does not really interest me, and I concede that I know nothing about them. All I am saying is nothing is certain :)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Thats not the point Seven, all I am saying that nothing is for certain. The whole debate between Evolution and Creationism does not really interest me, and I concede that I know nothing about them. All I am saying is nothing is certain :)
That's my point. I am not taking any of the two as a fact, cause none of them is considered 100% fact. Hector got a problem of understanding, If I don't take something as a fact, it doesn't mean I am against it. But Hector lives in a world of Black (take that capital) or white, either this or that, and the funny thing is, he always takes the opposite side of the religion, no matter what the subject is.

Jan 7, 2004
That's my point. I am not taking any of the two as a fact, cause none of them is considered 100% fact. Hector got a problem of understanding, If I don't take something as a fact, it doesn't mean I am against it. But Hector lives in a world of Black (take that capital) or white, either this or that, and the funny thing is, he always takes the opposite side of the religion, no matter what the subject is.

obviously, because religion is wrong on almost all matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)