US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (64 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is."

This one is my absolute favourite.

But hey, snoop, it's definitely okay to believe this. I suppose that if such a man would be an engineer and build a bridge, he would do so according to his beliefs. And that's just fine, right? Let's have him build a bridge based on his great principle of how sins weigh things down.

"The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!
"

This one is just odd. A christian accusing an atheist of burning people? That's just plain bizarre. Of course, that you'd read a quote like the one below a couple of lines later is highly unlikely:

"I honestly don't care about your rights. If it were up to me, all Atheists would be burnt at the stake and or cast into a river with weights tied to their ankles and or placed before the firing squad, etc etc etc."

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Didn't mean to turn this into a joke thread, but this one's a classic of course:

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [emphasis added]

awesomestnerd, SmashBoards [Comments (188)] [2005-Nov-07]

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Didn't mean to turn this into a joke thread, but this one's a classic of course:

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [emphasis added]

awesomestnerd, SmashBoards [Comments (188)] [2005-Nov-07]
The stuff these people come up with is incredible. Though one can only reach one conclusion: a severe lack of education. Or at least a severe lack of proper education. On the other hand denying gravity does point to incest.

Of course these are just some lunatics. Nevertheless I find the impact of religion on politics in America worrying to say the least. I mean, Barack Obama is now claiming to be Christian. In all fairness that's plain ridiculous if not for the fact he simply has to.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
"Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is."

This one is my absolute favourite.

But hey, snoop, it's definitely okay to believe this. I suppose that if such a man would be an engineer and build a bridge, he would do so according to his beliefs. And that's just fine, right? Let's have him build a bridge based on his great principle of how sins weigh things down.

"The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!
"

This one is just odd. A christian accusing an atheist of burning people? That's just plain bizarre. Of course, that you'd read a quote like the one below a couple of lines later is highly unlikely:

"I honestly don't care about your rights. If it were up to me, all Atheists would be burnt at the stake and or cast into a river with weights tied to their ankles and or placed before the firing squad, etc etc etc."
1- I am not religious, I don't believe in God.
2- I Never said evolution is wrong, like I don't believe in God's existence (this doesn't mean I am sure it doesn't exist), I don't believe in evolution, this doesn't mean I am against any of them.
3- You are an idiot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
1- I am not religious, I don't believe in God.
2- I Never said evolution is wrong, like I don't believe in God's existence (this doesn't mean I am sure it doesn't exist), I don't believe in evolution, this doesn't mean I am against any of them.
3- You are an idiot.
1. I never claimed otherwise.
2. It's not about what you think. It's about the fact people cannot discredit evolution in the way creationists do. This implies that people are NOT entirely free to believe ANYTHING they want.
3. This is what creationists do. Run away from the argument at hand.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
From my understanding creationists believe that God (Jesus or who ever) created earth out of dirt, breathed life into it, and then took the rib of Adam and created Eve. Then they proceed to have kids who then married each other and etc etc. Doesn't that make us all a creation of incests? lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
From my understanding creationists believe that God (Jesus or who ever) created earth out of dirt, breathed life into it, and then took the rib of Adam and created Eve. Then they proceed to have kids who then married each other and etc etc. Doesn't that make us all a creation of incests? lol.
Yeah, funny thing is your religion is based on that book, but apparently found it a bit too wacky. Which muslims quite bluntly say in a way:

this is like being christian or Jewish, but without the bullshit :D.

Anyway, I wouldn't have such a problem if creationists simply believed it themselves. The real issue is that they want to force other people to believe it as well. While trying to do so they forge scientific material.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
The theory of evolution is bollocks and you know it! I refuse to believe that at some point in time men diverged from our noble species. As if we would have anything to do with such a feeble animal.

If you don't believe me you should read this book:

From Apeman to man: truth turned backwards?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Yeah, funny thing is your religion is based on that book, but apparently found it a bit too wacky. Which muslims quite bluntly say in a way:

this is like being christian or Jewish, but without the bullshit :D.

Anyway, I wouldn't have such a problem if creationists simply believed it themselves. The real issue is that they want to force other people to believe it as well. While trying to do so they forge scientific material.
No you said it's not ok for them to believe whatever they want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)