US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (95 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
what ppl seem to forget that this is still america, and being a minority in america i know that the chances of a non-white president and a woman are very low if you consider it at the end of the day. there are factors that go far beyond democrats and republicans.

word is bond, perot needs to get back in this shit cuz honestly he has a better shot than the 2 democrat candidates IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
And let me guess . . . the Ant represents middle-class white folk and that evil, lazy, goldbricking welfare recipient Grasshopper represents the entire race of Blacks.
Yeah.. but there's certainly a point to the story. The other day I was watching a documentary about poverty in Belgium on a local tv channel. Now you must know there really barely is poverty. In any case, they get this 19 year old guy, who has been kicked off every school he went to because his bad behaviour and because he never wanted to study. The guy says he hasn't worked a day in his life and feels he shouldn't have to. Then the reporter says it's a disgrace that the guy should have to live on 800 euros a month he receives for doing absolutely nothing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
what ppl seem to forget that this is still america, and being a minority in america i know that the chances of a non-white president and a woman are very low if you consider it at the end of the day. there are factors that go far beyond democrats and republicans.

word is bond, perot needs to get back in this shit cuz honestly he has a better shot than the 2 democrat candidates IMO.
People who say the democrats have no chance because we have a woman or a black running just annoy the shit out of me. Basically what you're saying is that you won't vote for a woman or a black guy because of their color or sex. I mean the Republicans have been fucking shit up for the last 8 years and people want to keep things going in the wrong direction because the voice of change is coming from a black man? Boy that sounds smart.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
People who say the democrats have no chance because we have a woman or a black running just annoy the shit out of me. Basically what you're saying is that you won't vote for a woman or a black guy because of their color or sex.
Dude I never said that I wouldn’t vote for a democrat. I'm just pointing out the inevitable outcome and ignorance that will be portrayed by america on election day this november. Personally I am not going to vote because I live in texas, thus my vote would be flushed down the shitter either way. I'm not the one who votes based on race or gender, but middle-aged and senior america will.

I mean the Republicans have been fucking shit up for the last 8 years and people want to keep things going in the wrong direction because the voice of change is coming from a black man? Boy that sounds smart.
Sorry man but I never supported republicans. I just know that the state that I live in doesn’t give non-republicans a real chance to say much on opposing issues.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If every Democrat feels that way...

It's foolish not to vote.
Its not about being democrat, its about the state that you reside in. myself for example, I live in texas which is a solidified hardcore republican state. And not being republican here somewhat limits your voice. And when I say its pointless to vote in texas as a democrat I mean that you cannot win as a democrat in a rep state.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Its not about being democrat, its about the state that you reside in. myself for example, I live in texas which is a solidified hardcore republican state. And not being republican here somewhat limits your voice. And when I say its pointless to vote in texas as a democrat I mean that you cannot win as a democrat in a rep state.
Texas is weird, its used to be a hardcore democrat state until Bush came along.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not saying you can change anything now, but going out to vote could have future effects. You always have to start somewhere. Besides, if you're proud of living in a democracy, you'd better be an active part of that democracy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm not saying you can change anything now, but going out to vote could have future effects. You always have to start somewhere. Besides, if you're proud of living in a democracy, you'd better be an active part of that democracy.
I consider voting the initiation to being able to gripe later. If you don't vote, you can't complain at the results to get. So by voting even if your side doesn't win you can say I told you so, all you want.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I could see Obama or Hillary winning the election, but I could also see them losing due to what Dru is talking about here. There are a lot of people in this country, mostly those out in the middle of nowhere, who are just unintelligent hicks who might not knowingly be racist, but still uncapable of voting for a black man. It's just the ugly conservative way of thinking, which is a shame. And of course no matter who the Republican candidate happens to be, there will be fools here who vote Red because it's family tradition to do so simply because of guns. The only facet of government these fools care about is the Second Amendment - Guns. They couldn't care less about any other issue.

This is why I always cringe when I hear the "Vote or Die" campaign come out of the woodwork again. Apparently some people think they will die, so add another check to the gun-loving Republicans.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
trust me its not all that its hyped up to be, so my advice is don't believe the hype.

I consider voting the initiation to being able to gripe later. If you don't vote, you can't complain at the results to get. So by voting even if your side doesn't win you can say I told you so, all you want.
i don't gripe about anything cuz even if you do vote against bush or whoever/whatever things are going to be done for the benefit of politicians and their wallets. not "for the people".

either way i don't vote or gripe cuz i know its all ultimately out of my control no matter what. in this country i'm just another indian kid that gets mistaken for a terrorist when i walk in an airport or as a rican when i walk down northern blvd. in jackson hts.

I could see Obama or Hillary winning the election, but I could also see them losing due to what Dru is talking about here. There are a lot of people in this country, mostly those out in the middle of nowhere, who are just unintelligent hicks who might not knowingly be racist, but still uncapable of voting for a black man. It's just the ugly conservative way of thinking, which is a shame. And of course no matter who the Republican candidate happens to be, there will be fools here who vote Red because it's family tradition to do so simply because of guns. The only facet of government these fools care about is the Second Amendment - Guns. They couldn't care less about any other issue.

This is why I always cringe when I hear the "Vote or Die" campaign come out of the woodwork again. Apparently some people think they will die, so add another check to the gun-loving Republicans.
word

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i don't gripe about anything cuz even if you do vote against bush or whoever/whatever things are going to be done for the benefit of politicians and their wallets. not "for the people".
Exactly why you should vote and then gripe. If someone were robbing your house, would you just let them or would you say "Hey buddy. Stop robbing my house, pal".

PS. Happy Roe v. Wade Day.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote.

Holy Shit Reb, that about sums things up here :pint:

Yeah.. but there's certainly a point to the story. The other day I was watching a documentary about poverty in Belgium on a local tv channel. Now you must know there really barely is poverty. In any case, they get this 19 year old guy, who has been kicked off every school he went to because his bad behaviour and because he never wanted to study. The guy says he hasn't worked a day in his life and feels he shouldn't have to. Then the reporter says it's a disgrace that the guy should have to live on 800 euros a month he receives for doing absolutely nothing.

goes on here too...the fucking liberals will try to make the working class slug pay for everyone who doesnt feel like working or making anything out of their lives

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Exactly why you should vote and then gripe.
I don’t do either because honestly I could care less. I don’t care too much about having deep politically engrossed convos with my friends or people in general. I prefer talking about boobs and nutshots, keeping it simple and plain.

PS. Happy Roe v. Wade Day.
Hell ya :jvefan:

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
I don’t do either because honestly I could care less. I don’t care too much about having deep politically engrossed convos with my friends or people in general. I prefer talking about boobs and nutshots, keeping it simple and plain.

I think you might have discovered the apeman way of life.

Just relaaaaaax, dude.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Hell ya :jvefan:
That's all good. But one should try to find out a little about things like health care, taxes, wars. You know stuff that affects you.

And Vinnie, your money is more likely to go to Iraq (whether to remove or send troops I don't know, both take lots of money) or some old people before it goes to one of your "welfare wasters".

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
That's all good. But one should try to find out a little about things like health care, taxes, wars. You know stuff that affects you.

And Vinnie, your money is more likely to go to Iraq (whether to remove or send troops I don't know, both take lots of money) or some old people before it goes to one of your "welfare wasters".
Actually I understand Vinni's frustration. But one needs to take into account that there is simply so much more of a welfare state in Belgium than there is in America. In fact, I think most Belgians would consider the US extremely harsh (as in: everyone should just take care of himself) and quite difficult to survive in.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

you wanna bet on that ??

Taking care of these "people", and their children, and their childrens children adds up over generations.....why work when you can receive free money, foodstamps, and healthcare (yes...medicaid is FREE), while suckers like myself work 40+ hours per week to help take care of them ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)