US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (12 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You are one ignorant... I suggest you start reading my posts.

Words such as "if" or "and" or "only if" do matter, snoop.

The bottom line of this discussion, which you have been trying to avoid ever since the beginning, is that creationism is simply not okay.
No offence Hector but thats just a stupid, ignorant and close minded thing to say...who decided that creationism is not okay?? you?? you cant just dismiss it like that...say you dont believe in it..but you cant just dismiss it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
No offence Hector but thats just a stupid, ignorant and close minded thing to say...who decided that creationism is not okay?? you?? you cant just dismiss it like that...say you dont believe in it..but you cant just dismiss it.
Creationism is just stupid...if one believes it, those persons are idiots.

I will even go further than that and say that the belief in a greater being, other than Gerd Mueller, is just ridiculous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, it's not narrowminded. Creationism needs to be dismissed.

Oh, wait, I see your problem here. You're saying you think it's okay if people want to believe that the Genesis tells us a true story. Meh, I think it's stupid to think so, but I wouldn't have such a big problem there. Creationism however takes it one step further. Try looking it up.

Creationists, my dear friend, LIE. And they know they do.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The huge problem with creationists is that they twist scientific facts. Other than that they are always trying to discredit Darwin himself. So what Darwin was a male, chauvinist pig? Every fucking Englishman was.

Creationism should not be taught in public schools and creationists do not have the right to present Genesis as scientific fact (which they do). The only reason creationism is still widely accepted today is the fucking Bible Belt.

Apr 12, 2004
The huge problem with creationists is that they twist scientific facts. Other than that they are always trying to discredit Darwin himself. So what Darwin was a male, chauvinist pig? Every fucking Englishman was.

Creationism should not be taught in public schools and creationists do not have the right to present Genesis as scientific fact (which they do). The only reason creationism is still widely accepted today is the fucking Bible Belt.
Word...

Apr 12, 2004
New Mexico Gov. Richardson will drop out of '08 race, sources say

(CNN) -- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson will quit the race for the Democratic presidential nomination after fourth-place showings in the campaign's first contests, sources said Wednesday.
art.richardson.ap.jpg

A party strategist says "The numbers are the reason" for Richardson's departure -- a lack of votes and money.

Richardson, who served as United Nations ambassador and energy secretary in the Clinton administration, drew 5 percent of the vote in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary.

He received 2 percent in last week's Iowa caucuses, far behind leading Democratic senators Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards.

"The numbers are the reason -- not enough votes and not enough money," a Democratic strategist involved in the campaign told CNN.

However, "He enjoyed it and believes he made a contribution," the strategist said.

A second source close to Richardson confirmed the governor's plans to CNN.

His campaign had no comment on the sources' accounts, but the party strategist said a public announcement was planned Thursday in New Mexico.

As of September, Richardson had raised about $19 million during his White House bid and had spent about $13 million of that, according to Federal Election Commission records.

A year-end report is due at the end of January.

In New Hampshire on Tuesday night, Richardson was looking ahead to the Nevada caucuses on January 19.

"We head out West, and the fight goes on," he told a crowd of cheering supporters. "And we will continue to raise the issue of getting all our troops out of Iraq, and America becoming a clean-energy nation, and getting rid of No Child Left Behind."

From CNN.com

Apr 12, 2004
Kerry to endorse Obama
Posted: 11:00 AM ET

(CNN) – Former 2004 presidential hopeful Sen. John Kerry will endorse Sen. Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination, two sources told CNN Thursday.

The announcement will come at 2 p.m. in Charleston, S.C., the sources said.

"(Kerry) remains one of the most popular figures in the Democratic Party and (has) an e-mail list with millions of addresses," an Obama source said.

Kerry ran in 2004 on the Democratic ticket with former Sen. John Edwards, who is running this year for party's presidential nomination.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532066 said:
But yo, gentlemen, they are going to close this if we don't get back on topic...
Actually this is very much on topic when debating American politics.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ßöмßäяdîëя;1532069 said:
"(Kerry) remains one of the most popular figures in the Democratic Party and (has) an e-mail list with millions of addresses," an Obama source said.
I'll be watching my spam folder. He better not try anything.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

This one's for you fred. Let us all respect that great theory of creationism, which, quite obviously, is scientific proof.

"The punishment he gave to the snake, who fucked everything up remember.. the punishment he gave to the snake was: you shall crawl on your belly all your days. Hmm... not really a punishment for a snake."

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andries, among all your "beliefs," you must admit that those that follow religion who don't impose their beliefs on anybody else and don't hurt anybody else are acceptable people and there is nothing wrong with them believing what they believe. And don't say that those of religion are the only people in this world who judge... what have you been doing in this thread and for the past number of years? Judging that religious people are idiots and unnacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)