US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (30 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
many of the arguments I bring up are what many people here are thinking, and the facts I bring up about Obama are pretty good reasons why he waont get elected
I'm not saying you don't represent a big chunk of the American population. I'm just saying the arguments you guys are bitching about don't really matter.

You might want to focus on getting your economy straight first, rather than whining about which Reverand said what.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Oh please. You'd love to live in Italy and you're telling me Italians don't need their car for everything?
In certain areas of Italy you don't need a car. I have friends in Roma and Milano who don't have cars and choose to be that way. Of course, depending on where you live and the life you lead, it would be necessary to have a car in certain areas. Its really convenient to come in the middle of an argument which is talking about the infrastructure of Europe and make a general statement. What we are talking about is that there is the infrastructure in Europe that America is lacking.

It's not in our culture. Until the 70s and 80s came Americans were all about saving and consuming less. Then came credit cards and a false sense of financial security accumulating in the 1987 stock market crash. Thank you Reaganomics. The truth is parents should have taught us to to use less and save more. They all knew nothing is forever, history shows that. The generations behind us should have known better. Bottom line. Now we get to fix their mistakes.
Well the culture that we grew up in*

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I gotta say one thing though. I can't stand the Democrats. If they are the antithesis to the "conservatives" then no wonder we're screwed. They're barely a shade away and they purport to being the solution. Meanwhile keep voting through bills to spend more money on war, to extend spying programs and domestic fascism (which is basically what it is), all the while giving people false hope that they're not a bunch of scumbags.

The Democrats aren't liberal, they're barely less conservative than the "conservatives".
Indeed, to run for office as a Democratic it's almost prerequisite to have no back bone and a fake laugh.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In certain areas of Italy you don't need a car. I have friends in Roma and Milano who don't have cars and choose to be that way. Of course, depending on where you live and the life you lead, it would be necessary to have a car in certain areas. Its really convenient to come in the middle of an argument which is talking about the infrastructure of Europe and make a general statement. What we are talking about is that there is the infrastructure in Europe that America is lacking.

Well the culture that we grew up in*
It's not a general statement. In fact, it's far from a general statement. You were claiming the entire of Europe can go without cars. I'm saying Italians can't. And it's definitely a hell of a lot more in their culture than it is in yours. The infrastructure, by wich you would mean public transport, is not that great in Italy either. Trains here rock though.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
here's another fact for you...who's been running the congress the past couple years ?? (hint- its not the republicans)

Pelosi with all her bullshit talk and promises two years ago...kinda reminds me of Hillary

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm not saying you don't represent a big chunk of the American population. I'm just saying the arguments you guys are bitching about don't really matter.

You might want to focus on getting your economy straight first, rather than whining about which Reverand said what.
Vinni, like much of the country has been played like a third grader on a recorder. America has been tricked into ignoring the issues and focusing on crap that really doesn't have anything to do with running the country. Instead of focusing on important issues that really matter. Guys like Vinni are too worried about black people getting what they don't deserve and being called anti American.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
It's not a general statement. In fact, it's far from a general statement. You were claiming the entire of Europe can go without cars. I'm saying Italians can't. And it's definitely a hell of a lot more in their culture than it is in yours. The infrastructure, by wich you would mean public transport, is not that great in Italy either. Trains here rock though.
I was not claiming that Europe can go without cars. I never wrote that and if you believed that from my statement maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Have you ever been to the USA? If you have you would know that the public transport in Europe is about 100x better.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
here's another fact for you...who's been running the congress the past couple years ?? (hint- its not the republicans)

Pelosi with all her bullshit talk and promises two years ago...kinda reminds me of Hillary
Hmmmm, whose been in the White House for 8 years? And before that who had Congress? Don't try to pull the "oh it was the other guy" bull shit you always try to do. It won't work with me cause I'll always point my finger to Reagan.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002

I agree....but that will be the very reason why Obama will get beaten in the general election

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Hmmmm, whose been in the White House for 8 years? And before that who had Congress? Don't try to pull the "oh it was the other guy" bull shit you always try to do. It won't work with me cause I'll always point my finger to Reagan.
Reagan was the best president we had in my lifetime

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinni, like much of the country has been played like a third grader on a recorder. America has been tricked into ignoring the issues and focusing on crap that really doesn't have anything to do with running the country. Instead of focusing on important issues that really matter. Guys like Vinni are too worried about black people getting what they don't deserve and being called anti American.
True. But I have to say that I've seen a lot of Democrat bullshit as well. And by that I'm not talking about you, E, as I generally tend to agree with you.

I was not claiming that Europe can go without cars. I never wrote that and if you believed that from my statement maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Have you ever been to the USA? If you have you would know that the public transport in Europe is about 100x better.
Woman N, I was having a laugh. Are you able to get from a main square in one city to a main square in another city in America?

I agree....but that will be the very reason why Obama will get beaten in the general election
Now this is interesting. Tell me why, as that does matter.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Way to focus on the important issues.
its not important ??

does this not show us what Obama is all about ??

and please dont tell me that Obama didnt know what his pastor was all about, and didnt listen to, or agree with what he's said over the years

if Mc Cain or Hillary had ties to David Duke, or any other KKK or supremicist group, the liberals would never let us hear the end of that, either

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Woman N, I was having a laugh. Are you able to get from a main square in one city to a main square in another city in America?.
No you aren't able to. America is set up very differently at least not the areas I am familiar with outside of NYC.

Oh and we don't have main squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)