US Diplomats killed in Benghazi over amateur's film (18 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:D you cant say he attacked them to be honest martin. i'm a bit hazy as to how wikileaks got access to the amount of info they un-covered but i mean attacking embassies as in trespassing physically.
I'm just saying the US government would perhaps be more believable saying what an outrage it is to attack an embassy if they hadn't spent the last month inciting the Brits to do just that.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What fallacy? Cheesio and Bisco are both Muslims who feel completely detached from any justification for this incident - it's a fair point to say that the perps are either Muslims who do not get the religion or not Muslims at all. Why would the negative actions from the minority (yes, extremist muslims are a minority) be used to generalize on a religion all together?
:tup: they indeed are a minority but due to years of neglect, ignorance has spread and these minorities feed on the ignorance of people who by nature are attached to religon. unless you've come to the middle east, religion whether islam or Christianity are part of every ones identity. how ever with all that being said very few support such atrocious actions carried out under the name of religion.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:tup: they indeed are a minority but due to years of neglect, ignorance has spread and these minorities feed on the ignorance of people who by nature are attached to religon. unless you've come to the middle east, religion whether islam or Christianity are part of every ones identity. how ever with all that being said very few support such atrocious actions carried out under the name of religion.
But according to Sheik the Internet Rationalizer if 1/10 Muslims are bad then the entire religion is bad.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:agree: and i don't want to play the victim card here or blame the west for our problems, but they played a big part in spreading extremism.

Apr 15, 2006
What fallacy? Cheesio and Bisco are both Muslims who feel completely detached from any justification for this incident - it's a fair point to say that the perps are either Muslims who do not get the religion or not Muslims at all. Why would the negative actions from the minority (yes, extremist muslims are a minority) be used to generalize on a religion all together?
No True Scotsman fallacy. Just because they're extremists, doesn't mean they're not Muslims.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
But according to Sheik the Internet Rationalizer if 1/10 Muslims are bad then the entire religion is bad.
i think we all live in our own bubble and not just sheik all of us are guilty of that at some point in our life but then when you interact on a personal level you realize how different things are. sheik would be surprised as to what he would learn if he comes to the middle east and interacts with people i'm sure his views would change not about religion but as to how different our image is compared to what he reads online.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No True Scotsman fallacy. Just because they're extremists, doesn't mean they're not Muslims.
If you're going with the No True Scotsman fallacy then it's a valid point to say that they are Muslims who have strayed from the path, no? So we can agree that they all worship Allah, but that they're one and the same? That's just ridic.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i think we all live in our own bubble and not just sheik all of us are guilty of that at some point in our life but then when you interact on a personal level you realize how different things are. sheik would be surprised as to what he would learn if he comes to the middle east and interacts with people i'm sure his views would change not about religion but as to how different our image is compared to what he reads online.
I don't know if I should do a separate visit to some of the North African countries, or if I should just do it all in the year or so I plan to spend traveling Africa when I graduate.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I don't know if I should do a separate visit to some of the North African countries, or if I should just do it all in the year or so I plan to spend traveling Africa when I graduate.
north african countries are all very similar!! culturally there are some variations but in general they r all the same. so i would stop at one or two north African nations on yr trip you would enjoy and learn a lot there.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Check my first post again. There's a reason I mentioned the word 'some' before Muslims.
Just because they are doing their action under the name of Islam, it doesn't make them muslims or make their action a reflection to the true teaching of our religion, it goes back to a lot of reasons like i said before, Ignorance, poverty, religion is a strong weapon that can be used in a variants of ways that have nothing to do with the essence of Islam.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
north african countries are all very similar!! culturally there are some variations but in general they r all the same. so i would stop at one or two north African nations on yr trip you would enjoy and learn a lot there.
What scares me the most about that trip is the part through central Africa, Congo :scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)