unsticky all the player threads excpet for del piero and buffon..... (2 Viewers)

Do what?

• Leave only Del Piero and Buffon thread sticky?

• Leave it like this.

• Lion, among other Tuzzers, doesn't understand the purpose of threads and stickiness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i don't like the idea of sticking player threads, just because they perform well. imo if a player is performing well, or not well enough, there will always be enough posts to keep the threads bumped.

sticky player threads should be reserved for players who have achieved legend status. players like god and buffon have already done that not just as juventus legends, but as worldwide football legends.

only the worthy deserve to be on top.

discuss
1. A thread isn't some fanboy altar designed by which to honor only the greatest players/performers. (See: Delneri, Boumsong, Motta, etc., etc.) I can't believe how many moronic posters here think that just because a player has his own thread, that somehow conveys some reputation or regard for his greatness. :andyandbarcelona:

2. Making said thread "sticky" is neither extra love juice poured over said honor. It's a way of slapping posters in the face more before they start yet another thread on the same dude.

Forum threads aren't a frigging award show. We have stuff to talk about, and creating threads -- and making them sticky -- have everything to do with preventing people from creating duplicate threads to discuss the same people and issues in multiple places at once.

End of story.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If people here really must have some means of creating a Hall of Fame and bestowing honor and recognition on players and coaches, please let it not be through something as idiotic as whether a thread exists for them or not -- or whether or not it is marked "sticky". Threads and stickiness are forum software tools for managing member conversations -- NOT for making fanboy altars. That's as retarded as UEFA coming up with club coefficients based on the number of lockers in the club's home locker room.

If you want fanboy altars, why don't we just create a dedicated Hall of Fame section and everyone can jizz on it to their heart's content. :rolleyes:

OP
Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #26
    1. A thread isn't some fanboy altar designed by which to honor only the greatest players/performers. (See: Delneri, Boumsong, Motta, etc., etc.) I can't believe how many moronic posters here think that just because a player has his own thread, that somehow conveys some reputation or regard for his greatness. :andyandbarcelona:

2. Making said thread "sticky" is neither extra love juice poured over said honor. It's a way of slapping posters in the face more before they start yet another thread on the same dude.

Forum threads aren't a frigging award show. We have stuff to talk about, and creating threads -- and making them sticky -- have everything to do with preventing people from creating duplicate threads to discuss the same people and issues in multiple places at once.

End of story.
    are you even saying anything right now?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    blʘndu;3276979 said:
    let the majority decide
    That's kind of a crap answer, because the majority don't have to merge posts and threads when posters create duplicate threads to discuss Grosso's fuck ups in the past match and there are six parallel, simultaneous threads to talk about it.

Let me repeat: threads and stickiness are for managing conversations regardless of what those conversations are about. That's it. There are tons of dedicated threads, sometimes with stickiness, that have nothing to do with players, for example. Thus they have nothing to do with a reflection of a player's performance or value or whatnot. That last bit is some psycho b.s. some posters are hoisting upon them.

The same logic would be like saying Halifax, Nova Scotia gets a disproportionate amount of recognition versus the greatness of New York City or Boston because so many transatlantic cables run through there. Thus we should stop making transatlantic cables go through Halifax.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    What is wrong with the system? Im the first to riot if a system isn't working, but this isn't the case.
    Based on how the players are performing, they are stickied or unstickied as a means of expressing either satisfaction or the opposite. I'd rather keep the system like this, and have a poll when the general atmosphere is that a player no longer deserves to be stickied. When a player starts underperforming, create a poll to unsticky him - whatever the majority votes to be done.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
    Jun 5, 2010
    I don't care for sticky or not
    I am only done with all that bashing to marchisio. People expect him to make an sliding tackle on zingaro and then go passed the entire milan team and score a screamer.
    And still people would call him average.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    No. They are stickied or unstickied regardless of performance. Like any other thread on the site -- it could be about earthquakes in Japan or demonstrations in Egypt -- they are stickied or unstickied based on whether they are active, relevant topics or not to help prevent orphan threads from popping up.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I don't care for sticky or not
    I am only done with all that bashing to marchisio. People expect him to make an sliding tackle on zingaro and then go passed the entire milan team and score a screamer.
    And still people would call him average.
    Untrue

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    No. They are stickied or unstickied regardless of performance. Like any other thread on the site -- it could be about earthquakes in Japan or demonstrations in Egypt -- they are stickied or unstickied based on whether they are active, relevant topics or not to help prevent orphan threads from popping up.
    That changed when Marchisio was unstickied as a means of expressing dissatisfaction with his performance. People were fed up with the player, and hence as a sign of protest he was unstickied.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That changed when Marchisio was unstickied as a means of expressing dissatisfaction with his performance. People were fed up with the player, and hence as a sign of protest he was unstickied.
    I didn't notice someone did that. IMO, that was pretty gay.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Turns out it was Graham of all people who unstickied the thread. It's not like him to pull tirades because he's unhappy with a player or something. Must be some other reason.

But looking at the thread logs, there are dozens of soft deleted posts by various members in the past 24 hours. Weird.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Because marchisio isn't underperforming like chielini does now
    Why do you have to make everything about some other player? We're talking Marchisio now, I clearly pointed out that a poll should be started for every player who is underperforming. Just because two people are sucking balls at the moment, doesn't make it any better for their individual cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)