unsticky all the player threads excpet for del piero and buffon..... (1 Viewer)

Do what?

• Leave only Del Piero and Buffon thread sticky?

• Leave it like this.

• Lion, among other Tuzzers, doesn't understand the purpose of threads and stickiness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Leave it how it is yo. Although it's gay that Cheesio got his unstuck. But if he deserves it, he'll get it back. And yes, it's silly but it's our silly way of rewarding the players :stuckup:

OP
Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #68
    wtf

the reason i wanted only those 2 to be sticky is as a sign of respect (however silly it might seem to you) comparig it to the other section stikcies is silly. the idea is symbolic. those 2 player threads are on top as a sign of respect for everything they have done for juventus. it's not like we can be in turin every week thanking them for their service.

the thing you mentioned about duplicate threads and the such is irrelevant. what about the other players who aren't stickied? how come you don't see duplicate threads popping out for them?

edit: also take your marchisio shit somewhere else people. no one gives a damn.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    If people here really must have some means of creating a Hall of Fame and bestowing honor and recognition on players and coaches, please let it not be through something as idiotic as whether a thread exists for them or not -- or whether or not it is marked "sticky". Threads and stickiness are forum software tools for managing member conversations -- NOT for making fanboy altars. That's as retarded as UEFA coming up with club coefficients based on the number of lockers in the club's home locker room.

If you want fanboy altars, why don't we just create a dedicated Hall of Fame section and everyone can jizz on it to their heart's content. :rolleyes:
    This is exactly right.

With the Marchisio thread, I noticed that it was filling up with more and more garbage over time, and his poor performances were a trigger for me to unsticky it. It was the wrong move for me to react like I did, and I apologise.

I personally think it would be stupid to only sticky two or three players, as if to canonise them or something. Sticky threads exist primarily as a means for thread organisation and easy access to consistently popular topics that are most relevant to their respective subforum.

It would make the most sense to simply sticky the threads with a lot of activity, and in most cases that would mean the threads for our first team players. Which in this case would include Marchisio, but I won't act on that until we can reach a concensus about this quite honestly trivial issue.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    :lol: This really wasn't that big a deal. Don't know why this thread had to be opened.

I say close this thread and leave it how it was. Threads get stuck or unstuck at the mods' discretion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)