UK Politics (8 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2013
Congrats Boris.

Some say Labour could have had a chance of winning if they had anyone other than Corbyn
The slap received by the remainers (lib dem crashed too) show above all the lack of legitimacy of these parliamentarians who obstructed the democratic decision of the British people for 3 years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think anyone actually likes Johnson, but this was merely a common sense vote. Corbyn can't be PM.

Hopefully this Brexit deadlock will be broken fairly quickly now, but I expect at least some small delays.

The thing with mop head that concerns me is what he does in the NHS when it comes to trade deals. He's an outright liar and Americanophile, so that is very worrying.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't think anyone actually likes Johnson, but this was merely a common sense vote. Corbyn can't be PM.

Hopefully this Brexit deadlock will be broken fairly quickly now, but I expect at least some small delays.

The thing with mop head that concerns me is what he does in the NHS when it comes to trade deals. He's an outright liar and Americanophile, so that is very worrying.
I think far too much is made out of this NHS/America deal rumour. There is very little evidence behind it and seems nothing more than a story that labour kept churning out to cast doubt over the Conservatives.

Hopefully Brexit can finally be resolved and the country can start focussing on other issues. The period of limbo has gone on too long.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What are the chances of Scotland leaving the UK and Ireland being reunified? I'm guessing they're high.
Unlikely. The one party pushing for independence in Scotland got a lower % of votes than in the general election straight after the last referendum on independence that they lost. The problem is that there is 1 party who wants independence and the other 3 meaningful ones don't. So if you want it that party gets all the votes, if you don't your vote gets split across 3 parties. Boris also said in his campaign he wouldn't agree to a vote.

No idea on Ireland but given the potential issues there I'd say that it is even less likely.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Some say Labour could have had a chance of winning if they had anyone other than Corbyn
There's a lot of truth in this, while I don't like corbanism you could argue the division In Labour party would have ousted him out maybe within a year. The other reason was people just wanted to move on and get brexit done. Boris played his 3 worded games, while Corbyn shot himself in the head. Can't think of any reason to celebrate or be joyful about we were in a mess and will continue to be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)