UK Politics (10 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Kinda funny because the UK is the biggest importer of German cars by volume.

I suppose the decision has been made now, for better or worse, no one really knows at this stage. Obviously there will be a short term hit, the rest is educated guesswork.

I really do hate Nigel Farage though. Just another pompous prick.

David Cameron is stepping down in October...

I just don't see how this move can be beneficial, I get that there a lot of frustration but 'literally' cutting your 'hand' off because of arthritis.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Going by the age demographics it seems to me that it was more the old people worried about their pension and health benefits being depleted by having to share it with a larger population through immigration rather than young people worried about young Europeans taking their jobs etc.

What about this though??
UK opposition directives being overruled 100% of the time by the EU Council. This increasing exposure of the EU stepping into every area from taxation to funding.
I don't know the issues in question or their importance but what I understood is that UK didn't have much say in the EU parliament. And I read (Uk's pov) that EU parliament is undemocratic with voting like Fifa, etc.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just don't see how this move can be beneficial, I get that there a lot of frustration but 'literally' cutting your 'hand' off because of arthritis.
The economic idea is to be able to trade with emerging markets in Asia and South America, as well as established giants like the US and China, on their own terms.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The problem here, is it's like a player discussion thread after he's moved to a new club, multiplied by 1,000,000 knee jerk levels.

Not sure why there's a meltdown during day 0 when we

A) Won't be out of the EU for 2 Years minimum. And that's only when we activate article 50 blah blah, could be more like 3 years
B) We won't know what sort of trade deals we get, until we actually START negotiating for them
C) The Pound was always going to crash, especially when remain was the odds on favourite at 10pm yesterday

Time will tell, I personally don't think it's the apocalypse yet. A lot of people evidently do.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The problem here, is it's like a player discussion thread after he's moved to a new club, multiplied by 1,000,000 knee jerk levels.

Not sure why there's a meltdown during day 0 when we

A) Won't be out of the EU for 2 Years minimum. And that's only when we activate article 50 blah blah, could be more like 3 years
B) We won't know what sort of trade deals we get, until we actually START negotiating for them
C) The Pound was always going to crash, especially when remain was the odds on favourite at 10pm yesterday

Time will tell, I personally don't think it's the apocalypse yet. A lot of people evidently do.
Because markets respond instantly to these news and there can and probably will be a lot of crashes.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Talking more about the remain voters who have resigned to Britain being a 3rd world war zone.

Obviously with this having no historic precedent, it's completely new, the market is going to go in to full retard.

Apr 29, 2006
Markets don't respond to these things, idiots and jackals do. Either way EU has a new plan to shitcan the UK in a short manner, negotiating yet again with the soon-to-be resigning Dave. Brits showed courage and strength and for the first time in my living memories greed bit the hand that fed it. Congratulations!

An unified Europe is an idea that any individual nation can aspire to, but what we've got right now is the most undemocratic state ever existed in these lands.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Markets don't respond to these things, idiots and jackals do. Either way EU has a new plan to shitcan the UK in a short manner, negotiating yet again with the soon-to-be resigning Dave. Brits showed courage and strength and for the first time in my living memories greed bit the hand that fed it. Congratulations!

An unified Europe is an idea that any individual nation can aspire to, but what we've got right now is the most undemocratic state ever existed in these lands.
Rich, since this came off the back of the most democratic(and destructive) process there is

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:D

- - - Updated - - -

Currency and futures will react which leads to a domino effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)