UK Politics (10 Viewers)

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Yeah that, too. The EU is kind of a big mystery really. The workings of it are never really discussed or explained. We get to vote in elections for the Euopean Parliament but I've barely seen any kind of campaigning for it before UKIP started kicking up a fuss in the last decade.

That works both ways - people want to leave because they see it as pointless and something they pay taxes towards without seeing the money again. On the other hand, though, I'm not sure anybody understands (infact I know that nobody knows) what will happen if a country leaves the modern EU. It's never happened before.

- - - Updated - - -

Ach there's ways around that. We (Celtic) got Japan's Koki Mizuno by arguing that he would be an absolute gem of a player despite his low number of international appearances.

Think he played twice for us. We never got the benefit of the doubt again.
:lol::lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a mix of things. The timing was very clever from Farage, he knew public opinion would be low for the current government and Cameron, the longer time passes they fall out of favour, it's cyclical. So the uneducated would overlap this discontent as a vote against Cameron, and therefore the Remain campaign.

There is also the growing discontent across all of Europe, with the growth of the far right (and even the far left). Immigration has become almost an overwhelming issue, especially for the older wage bracket. I've heard people talking about winning world wars, dying for freedom and Enoch Powell 'R.O.B.' quotes. It's hapless stuff.

The general feeling about not being told what to do by Johnny Foreigner. UK opposition directives being overruled 100% of the time by the EU Council. This increasing exposure of the EU stepping into every area from taxation to funding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)