Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well I have a Korean and an English name... i guess because i've never head David Robert Joseph Beckham before

hangon why'd i make a big deal out of that? Argh time to sleep, i've got uni tomorrow :sleepy:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Had he been any higher it would have been an insult imo. He has just not been good enough, consistently, for the past couple of seasons.

Sep 28, 2002
he's lucky enough to be ahead of many great players.

what probably pissed me off the most is becks position. great player, but not 22nd european ever.
denco said that earlier, he just cant be ahead of moore.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Number 21 Frank Rijkaard, well this is deserved as he was very underrated and lived int he shadow of his more popular and more charismatic teamates MVB and Gullit

I wonder how great he might have turned out if he remained in what I thought was his best position as a central defender

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Good for him :touched:

Beckham doesn't deserve to be 22, he's not better than half the players on that list :sigh:

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Number 21 Frank Rijkaard, well this is deserved as he was very underrated and lived int he shadow of his more popular and more charismatic teamates MVB and Gullit

I wonder how great he might have turned out if he remained in what I thought was his best position as a central defender
Not as good as he has been in my opinion.

Franklin was too skilled to play as a defender, and although Van Basten and Gullit did receive most of the credit, they were very well aware that they owed a lot of it to the stability of Ancelotti and Rijkaard covering their backs and maintaining a link between the defence, the midfield and the attack.

Rijkaard has been the best defensive midfielder around during his serie A career (despite competition from Berti, Cerezo or Alemao), and must certainly have been a great source of inspiration for a player like Vieira.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
17 is Franco Baresi, surely the most underrated player ever, how can he be 17 and I am sure Maldini would be higher

16 is Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)