Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (2 Viewers)

Dec 27, 2003
Underrated by whom, Denco? maybe by the Ballon d'or officials that made him come second twice when he should have won it (especially in 1989), but certainly not by the proper football fans. I mean, we even withdrew his legendary number 6 from Milan's shirts when he retired!

17th is not bad for the italian Kaiser, though he could be above that position. The only defender that should come before him is the german Kaiser, Beckenbauer. Neither Maldini nor - God forbid! - Sammer should be rated higher.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Underrated by whom, Denco? maybe by the Ballon d'or officials that made him come second twice when he should have won it (especially in 1989), but certainly not by the proper football fans. I mean, we even withdrew his legendary number 6 from Milan's shirts when he retired!

17th is not bad for the italian Kaiser, though he could be above that position. The only defender that should come before him is the german Kaiser, Beckenbauer. Neither Maldini nor - God forbid! - Sammer should be rated higher.
Football fans do not underate players, authorities always do
He might not have had Beckenbauer's charisma, but for me he was a finer defender than Beckenbauer was, the best I ever saw
He hardly panicked under any pressure, I never saw him boot a ball to roll z and he made me like the offside trap:D

He was just simply fantastic

Dec 27, 2003
That's true. I remember when he kind of missed a game once and the Gazzetta gave him 5,5 the following day (he would always receive 7), adding this comment : "incredible : Baresi is human!"

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
15) Lothar Mattheus, I wonder how much higher he would have finished if he had the good grace to retire at the right time, not carry on and become a caricature of his former great self. Still one of the all time great box to box midfielders though

14) Bobby Charlton still England's highest goal scorer and the scorer of long range efforts for both Man united and England , spookily similar to Paul Scholes

Dec 27, 2003
Hmm, I am flattered as a milanista that "Mr Treccine" aka Gullit is still remembered as a top player, but frankly I don't think he should be rated so high. This will sound repetitive, but there are at least 10 players in that list that should be ahead of him.

At this point it shouldn't be very hard to guess who the remaining 12 will be.

Van Basten, Cruyff, Platini, Di Stefano, Puskas, Zidane, Zoff, Yashin, Eusebio, Beckenbauer are all safe bets. I'll take a wild guess and say that Sammer and Paolo Rossi will grab the remaining two spots. The only question now is to know in what order they will be ranked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)