Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Pretty good estimation! That's what I'm expecting as well. Though instead of Rossi I'd put my money on Totti.

It's an internet vote after all.
Totti wasn't even on the list for people to vote for.
Henry wasn't either. (this pisses me off since RVN was chosen)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

At this point it shouldn't be very hard to guess who the remaining 12 will be.

Van Basten, Cruyff, Platini, Di Stefano, Puskas, Zidane, Zoff, Yashin, Eusebio, Beckenbauer are all safe bets. I'll take a wild guess and say that Sammer and Paolo Rossi will grab the remaining two spots. The only question now is to know in what order they will be ranked.
your right, we dont have to guess who the rest are... the top 20 were already named more than 3 weeks ago. We just didn't know the order.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
12) Paolo Rossi, a bit too high for me
11) Puskas probably deserved as he had a wonderful left foot
10) Maldini, I knew he would be the highest placed Italian, not better than Baresi but for me the finest left back ever
9) Platini, now, I am shocked beyond words, he ought to be rated higher but maybe the fact he could not really dribble made it difficult for some people to vote for him

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
12) Paolo Rossi, a bit too high for me
11) Puskas probably deserved as he had a wonderful left foot
10) Maldini, I knew he would be the highest placed Italian, not better than Baresi but for me the finest left back ever
9) Platini, now, I am shocked beyond words, he ought to be rated higher but maybe the fact he could not really dribble made it difficult for some people to vote for him
12) Rossi is probably too high, indeed.

11) Puskas could even be in the top ten as far as I am concerned.

10) agree

9) totally agree. Platini is the only player with Cruyff and Van Basten to have been awarded the Golden Ball 3 times. In fact, he is the best European player after those two in my opinion.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
8) Lev Yashin musta been one helluva of a goal keeper to be placed ahead of Platini and other erstwhile players he beat to that spot

Don't know much about this as methinks its way too high

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
8) Lev Yashin musta been one helluva of a goal keeper to be placed ahead of Platini and other erstwhile players he beat to that spot

Don't know much about this as methinks its way too high
Lev Yashin was the only techinically perfect keeper I have ever seen. He may not have been as great as he is said to be, but his influence on the game is much more than a player like Platini. Yashin introduced the modern way to play goal keeper. Everything that keepers do today is based upon techniques that Yashin pioneered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)