U.S. Soccer (15 Viewers)

OP
Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,443
    Why Kobe in a soccer thread anyway?
    But howcome in the usa it's far more popular women soccer than men ??
    it would be curious to check best women from all soccer teams against some mid-high males european teams.
    They should try that!
    Also if there is a very good player being female why not try and sign it?? I remember years ago Gaucci Perugia's president tried to sign a woman for his Serie A team and even offered her a good contract (compared to how low they get paid) for 6 months but she refused cause she fear to be ridiculized (tecnically not for her being a woman) by Serie A players and lose all the respect she gained in the women soccer.

Nobody would like to see them more?
    Women's soccer is not more popular than men's soccer. We just have a really good women's national team so it looks that way at times. We're really nationalistic when it comes to sports and if we had a kicking badminton team the response would be about the same. But really, like 4 people in the US give a crap about women's sports and they all watch WNBA.

It's difficult for women to compete with men in the top level of sports. Basically, men are bigger, faster, stronger.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Why Kobe in a soccer thread anyway?
    But howcome in the usa it's far more popular women soccer than men ??
    it would be curious to check best women from all soccer teams against some mid-high males european teams.
    They should try that!
    Also if there is a very good player being female why not try and sign it?? I remember years ago Gaucci Perugia's president tried to sign a woman for his Serie A team and even offered her a good contract (compared to how low they get paid) for 6 months but she refused cause she fear to be ridiculized (tecnically not for her being a woman) by Serie A players and lose all the respect she gained in the women soccer.

Nobody would like to see them more?
    We played a female "professional" team from The States in Italy once and absolutely destroyed them. We didn't even take the game seriously.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah it's not even close. When I was 15-16, our unserious junior team played a professional female team in our city that was one of the best in their top league. We won 9-1 without a sweat, no joke. Physical and technical difference was big.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    This Denmark match should be a decent test. The Danes had their group and have finished the year with serious struggles. Though they're not in Serbia's or Albania's predicament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)