U.S. Soccer (21 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
:agree: If rape was only about sex, there would be a lot less of it. Of course it's not unheard of for a woman to falsely accuse someone of rape (and those who do so contribute to the reason why women who really have been raped aren't taken seriously in many cases), but to think that someone can't be a rapist just because they're rich/famous/good-looking is really naive.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you really think it's about getting laid?
Yeah, rape's not really as much about sex as it is about power.
:agree: If rape was only about sex, there would be a lot less of it. Of course it's not unheard of for a woman to falsely accuse someone of rape (and those who do so contribute to the reason why women who really have been raped aren't taken seriously in many cases), but to think that someone can't be a rapist just because they're rich/famous/good-looking is really naive.
You think Kobe needs to rape women to feel powerful? Really?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We're saying your argument is stupid.
Person A has a weak motive, which could easily be satisfied through other means. Person B has a strong motive to lie. In the overwhelming majority of similar cases Person B lies.

I find it odd that so many of you would still instinctively side with Person B. No, not odd, stupid and naive I suppose.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
It's a little different when the accused is a celebrity and thus the accuser could stand to come away with a lot of money, yes. But that doesn't change the fact that wealthy, famous and/or good-looking men who theoretically should have no problem getting laid can still feel the need to rape. And that's because it's about more than just the sex, oftentimes that part is secondary or even meaningless.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's a little different when the accused is a celebrity and thus the accuser could stand to come away with a lot of money, yes. But that doesn't change the fact that wealthy, famous and/or good-looking men who theoretically should have no problem getting laid can still feel the need to rape. And that's because it's about more than just the sex, oftentimes that part is secondary or even meaningless.
:tup:

I don't even know much about the specific Kobe case, and of course I am not in any way claiming his guilt, but saying that a man who is extremely famous/wealthy/good-looking has no reason to rape, and hence never does so, is just pure ignorance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)