U.S. Soccer (10 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's a little different when the accused is a celebrity and thus the accuser could stand to come away with a lot of money, yes. But that doesn't change the fact that wealthy, famous and/or good-looking men who theoretically should have no problem getting laid can still feel the need to rape. And that's because it's about more than just the sex, oftentimes that part is secondary or even meaningless.
:tup:

I don't even know much about the specific Kobe case, and of course I am not in any way claiming his guilt, but saying that a man who is extremely famous/wealthy/good-looking has no reason to rape, and hence never does so, is just pure ignorance.
I never said that. And to be frank it's rather annoying how John Doe gets off on judging a celebrity when he's accused of a crime. Rather than say innocent till proven guilty, the reputation of the celebrity is tarnished forever. Of course it is possible for a celebrity to rape someone. But it's not as likely as many of you are making it out to be and when the accusation is coming from someone who is gaining a lot, even just by accusing the celebrity you have to wonder.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not fan of Kobe and consider him a rapist just because I don't like him, but Andries does have a point. Of course, this does not apply to Bill Cosby as once you have 20 or so different individuals coming forward it's clear the guy has a problem. Knowing his demeanor, it's not very surprising either.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Why Kobe in a soccer thread anyway?
But howcome in the usa it's far more popular women soccer than men ??
it would be curious to check best women from all soccer teams against some mid-high males european teams.
They should try that!
Also if there is a very good player being female why not try and sign it?? I remember years ago Gaucci Perugia's president tried to sign a woman for his Serie A team and even offered her a good contract (compared to how low they get paid) for 6 months but she refused cause she fear to be ridiculized (tecnically not for her being a woman) by Serie A players and lose all the respect she gained in the women soccer.

Nobody would like to see them more?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
it would be curious to check best women from all soccer teams against some mid-high males european teams.
They should try that!
They do that sometimes, mostly with desastrous results for the female teams. The problem is that they can't really compete physically, in terms of pace and physical strength with their male counterparts. That's why the matchups are often with male youth-teams, where their phyisical charactaristics are relatively balanced.
To give you an idea, recent matches have shown that the German women soccer NT, one of the best in the world, is about on the same level aas around ~4th German division male teams.

Of course, female football lacks the infrastructure and support the male one has as well. Far fewer percentage of women try playing football, and therefore a far lower percentage of talents is probably discovered. Also, coaching and youth infrastructure is miles behind the one for men, and young female football players can't hardly ever count on making a living from the sport, so they'll not concentrate as much on training etc.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
They do that sometimes, mostly with desastrous results for the female teams. The problem is that they can't really compete physically, in terms of pace and physical strength with their male counterparts. That's why the matchups are often with male youth-teams, where their phyisical charactaristics are relatively balanced.
To give you an idea, recent matches have shown that the German women soccer NT, one of the best in the world, is about on the same level aas around ~4th German division male teams.

Of course, female football lacks the infrastructure and support the male one has as well. Far fewer percentage of women try playing football, and therefore a far lower percentage of talents is probably discovered. Also, coaching and youth infrastructure is miles behind the one for men, and young female football players can't hardly ever count on making a living from the sport, so they'll not concentrate as much on training etc.
too bad really? i thought that with nowdays football which is far less as physical as it used to be compared to the past they could stand a chance.
I mean if pussy like Giovinco,Neymar,Oscar can play high level football i don't see how a medium woman of the same height and weight cannot O,o
but 4th division getting the best of the best? i mean that's like taking kids from parks and telling them to play pros X_x

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
too bad really? i thought that with nowdays football which is far less as physical as it used to be compared to the past they could stand a chance.
I mean if pussy like Giovinco,Neymar,Oscar can play high level football i don't see how a medium woman of the same height and weight cannot O,o
but 4th division getting the best of the best? i mean that's like taking kids from parks and telling them to play pros X_x
Is football far less physical nowadays?

The game have never been so physical and high paced. A woman would be destroyed.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Football nowadays is a lot more about pace and strength than 20 years ago. It's less physical in the respect that fouls and tackles are regulated more harshly, but in pure athleticism is of much higher significance now, often at the expense of flair and technique. Bale is a prime example of this development.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Football nowadays is a lot more about pace and strength than 20 years ago. It's less physical in the respect that fouls and tackles are regulated more harshly, but in pure athleticism is of much higher significance now, often at the expense of flair and technique. Bale is a prime example of this development.
Midfielder and Liverpool legend in the 80s

Midfielder and Liverpool legend in the 00s

"Who ate all the pies" :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
But seriously, half a century ago George Best partied basically 24/7, now it's a major scandal if Wilshere gets caught smoking one cigarette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)