U-20 World Cup (8 Viewers)

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
By the way, look out for Sal Zizzo and Danny Szetella to be targets of clubs throughout Europe. The latter has always had talent, but former Zizzo is really an up and coming prsopect. He will always be one of the fastest players on the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
It's funny... if it was Pato who scored such a hattrick, people from Milan to Montreal would be having a fit over such a performance. Galliani and Berlusca would both have two phones up to their grimy ears trying to secure a deal for the kid.

But since it's Adu, nobody cares. What on earth has Pato done anyway? Score a few wonder goals for Internacional? Most people here have only seen him on YouTube recollections anyway, so people cannot really be trusted. Fact of the matter is, both Adu and Pato are overrated. Unless they do something on the big stage with club or country they'll always be so, but what ticks me off is people not giving players a chance just because they're from a specific country. And furthermore, it pisses me off that a player can have an amazing performance and the only label he receives is "overrated."

If it was Rooney who scored the same goals Adu did yesterday, tabloids everywhere would be praising him. But hence the bias of idiots.
Don't assume things you don't know, please prove that point. Maybe they are just judging on his performances in the past don't assume it's because he's American and Pato is Brazilian.

Half your players are vastly overrated. Which is ironic considering the country we're discussing here.
How is it ironic, you're ironic. Portugal has never been a big country in terms of soccer and land so shut the hell up and learn your facts how many times has Portugal qualified for the World Cup, how many "Legendary Players" are they known to have, how many times did they qualify for the Euro, in fact how many times did they win any of these cups? I'll let you Wikipedia this yourself.

Ironic considering the country we're discussing here, did you watch the New Zealand game over-rated players my ass, Fabio Coentrao made it look easy, Bruno Gama isn't the type of player to try tricks he likes to get the job done, Pele controlled our midfield, our defence is probably our weaker point. Over-rated. :lol:

Please do Wikipedia those easy facts on Portugal, and don't say ironic considering the country we're dicussing because Portugal only shone when we had Eusebio, Figo, and now Ronaldo, they are starting to get better players now Portugal shouldn't be compared to Germany, Brazil, Italy, England, Argentina, because they have never been that big.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Portugal was amazing, I don't care what anyone says they have a sick team despite that dive by Fabio Coentrao which was totally pointless he was an amazing player and Bruno Gama lived up to his expectations by scoring both goals.

If Portugal can get past Mexico I think they can go all the way. I feel bad for those few New Zealand fans, I really do.

Come on swag you gotta reply to this one!
Yeah, but given the past year of big competitions, odds are that the underachivement implosion is just right around the corner for Portugal. :(

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Well that sucked, good diving by Giovanni to win the penalty and great free-kick by Antunes! Mexico's defensive plan was brilliant all they did was stand there and knock Portuguese players down, nevertheless, both teams played a good game congrats to Mexico!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well that sucked, good diving by Giovanni to win the penalty and great free-kick by Antunes! Mexico's defensive plan was brilliant all they did was stand there and knock Portuguese players down, nevertheless, both teams played a good game congrats to Mexico!
Now there's the Portuguese youth squad we all know and love under Couceiro. :rolleyes: Finally got to see some trademark poor finishing and the occasional sloppy D.

All is right with the world again. :(

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Now there's the Portuguese youth squad we all know and love under Couceiro. :rolleyes: Finally got to see some trademark poor finishing and the occasional sloppy D.

All is right with the world again. :(
on the other side you have the usual scottish tendancy to ignore the attacking talent they have and go for all out defense. fighting bravely but losing due to negative tactics and total reargaurd action. when will we learn that the best way to stp the opposition scoring is by ttacking their goal?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hahahahahaha FUCK YOU BRAZIL!

Great game by Freddy and Altidore, really shuts up the idiots who suck on Pato and blast Adu. Fucking imbeciles.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Now that's what I call a real Brazilian ass-whoopin! :D

It's great to see our U-20 team beat up on some of the world superpowers. This team has all the makings and the chemistry to seriously grow into a side that can challenge the full squads in the world, if all goes according to plan. Adu, Altidore, Bradley, Szetella and Lee Nguyen are all great young players who, if nurtured correctly, will become good if not great stalwarts for us.

And it's always great to see my buddy Freddy stick it to the idiots who say he doesn't have any talent. The kid made Pato look like a one-legged duck out there, overrated faggot. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)