U-20 World Cup (8 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yep, but it's only been one game give Pato another chance, as for Adu he's good playing in the MLS but he failed his trial at ManUtd.

Anyway, FORCA PORTUGAL, if they lose today I will be forever embarrassed.
adu hasnt actually been that impressive of late in the mls has a really poor scoring rate, but even so fergusson said that adu was nothing special during his trial, and i completly agree

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:disagree: u gotta luv ur opinions

but i have to say that i was shocked that Consodine wasnt playing, hes impressed me this season. Him and Reynolds at the back would be good. That celic centre back was terrible (even when you take his howler out of the equation) he sent so many meaningless passes and was caught out of position a lot.

It seems to be a squad based on Celtic's youth team, Rangers won the U19 league and cup thrashing with Steven Lennon scoring a hattrick in the final against Celtic. And Lewis Stevenson had a great season at Hibs and should have been included.
I can't understand a lot of the selection. I had assumed Rangers would be the bulk of the team as they seem to have the best youth team.

Stevenson has been very impressive this season and should have been playing.

I just can't see why Considine wasn't playing. That donkey Cuthbert doesn't get close to playing in the SPL whereas Considine has proven himself one of the best young CBs in Scotland.

I hate the SFA.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Portugal was amazing, I don't care what anyone says they have a sick team despite that dive by Fabio Coentrao which was totally pointless he was an amazing player and Bruno Gama lived up to his expectations by scoring both goals.

If Portugal can get past Mexico I think they can go all the way. I feel bad for those few New Zealand fans, I really do.

Come on swag you gotta reply to this one!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Italy isn't in it, they weren't chosen. I don't think Juventus is interested in Antunes anymore besides they don't need him them they have enough left-backs, Antunes is good but not good enough yet IMO.
It is not a case of being chosen, the european teams qualified by virtue of performance in last years u19 European Championships.

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
It's funny... if it was Pato who scored such a hattrick, people from Milan to Montreal would be having a fit over such a performance. Galliani and Berlusca would both have two phones up to their grimy ears trying to secure a deal for the kid.

But since it's Adu, nobody cares. What on earth has Pato done anyway? Score a few wonder goals for Internacional? Most people here have only seen him on YouTube recollections anyway, so people cannot really be trusted. Fact of the matter is, both Adu and Pato are overrated. Unless they do something on the big stage with club or country they'll always be so, but what ticks me off is people not giving players a chance just because they're from a specific country. And furthermore, it pisses me off that a player can have an amazing performance and the only label he receives is "overrated."

If it was Rooney who scored the same goals Adu did yesterday, tabloids everywhere would be praising him. But hence the bias of idiots.

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
Portugal was amazing, I don't care what anyone says they have a sick team despite that dive by Fabio Coentrao which was totally pointless he was an amazing player and Bruno Gama lived up to his expectations by scoring both goals.

If Portugal can get past Mexico I think they can go all the way. I feel bad for those few New Zealand fans, I really do.

Come on swag you gotta reply to this one!
Half your players are vastly overrated. Which is ironic considering the country we're discussing here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)