TV rights for Serie B (8 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Eddy said:
I'm sorry but I don't know how to read Arabic.

you serious? :confused:

it says jazeera has the right of serie A serie B La Liga and also uefa cup rights and the italian national league games (the ones in Italy only)..

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
SexualChocolate said:
The most important bit you need to know "AlJazeera has nabbed exclusive Serie B coverage [for the following season, I presume]" :D
Thanks buddy :pint:

snoop said:
you serious? :confused:
Well this isn't exactly an Arab-Arab country in other standards. I go to school, yet I don't learn it and English is sort of a first language here. I do understand it though and can talk back a little.

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #92
    I got sms on my mobile last night from both Orbit and Showtime that they will be airing the Serie A and La Liga starting september...
    Hmmm, it appears that Juve's demotion screwed up the TV rights pretty well for other clubs.. So is Serie A going for sale now :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    swag said:
    :rofl2:

Oh man ... I had this brief image of Vinman subscribing to Al Jazeera to get Juve coverage. Now that's fan loyalty. :p
    you dont think I looked into that today ??

Dish Network offers Al Jazeera, not Al Jazeera Sport...

if they offered it, I would have ordered it....I would just have to look away when they went to a news brief that showed some poor guy getting his head chopped off :p :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Vinman said:
    you dont think I looked into that today ??

Dish Network offers Al Jazeera, not Al Jazeera Sport...

if they offered it, I would have ordered it....I would just have to look away when they went to a news brief that showed some poor guy getting his head chopped off :p :D
    They are totally independent vinny, the sport channel is purely sports and avoids politics as much as possible, even if there was you wouldn't understand it because it would come as a comment from the commentators...

Anyways lets not get excited, I don't think it is confirmed yet, the link one of the guys posted here claiming that Al-Jazeerah will broadcast B is just a forum pretty much like this one...

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ZAF3000 said:
    I got sms on my mobile last night from both Orbit and Showtime that they will be airing the Serie A and La Liga starting september...
    Hmmm, it appears that Juve's demotion screwed up the TV rights pretty well for other clubs.. So is Serie A going for sale now :D
    Not really, Al-Jazeerah explicitly said that they are only encrypting because their feed was being recieved in southern Europe. If it was up for them it would have been free, and I think you remember Faisal how it was 2 years ago. Now they are just charging for the cost of cards and encryption. ART striked a deal with Al-Jazeerah last year and now Showtime and Orbit. They want their channels on every TV but has to be encrypted...they don't really want the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)