Tudor out, Metzelder in? (1 Viewer)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
i'd prefer samuel and one of those 2. samuel is world class, commanding centre-back who can organise the whole defense, metzelder and barzagli aren't there yet. samuel's only problem was 2 wrong career choices in a row, madrid and inter respectively. if he was to came he'd be back to being the wall again.
I don't think we'll ever see Samuel defend like he did at Roma again personally, but I do see what you're saying. He's experienced and he's game-smart, which not too many people talk about when referring to a skilled player.

Maybe you're right about Samuel; he probably wouldn't be that bad of a catch.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i agree with vlatko on this one, getting samuel would be excellent and if there is a chance i would get him over barzagli even.

abt Metzelder, hes an excellent player imo.But the problem with him is injuries aswell. He had numerous injuries since 2002.He even didnt play that much this season, but i would still welcome him here cuz hes a very solid player and he proved that at some matches during the world cup.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Esclusiva ag. Metzelder 'Può andar via a giugno. Su di lui club italiani'. Inter e Juventus

09:25 del 19 gennaio

C. Metzelder

Jorge Neubauer, agente del difensore del Borussia Dortmund, Cristoph Metzelder, intervistato in esclusiva da Calciomercato.com: "Confermo che il mio assistito potrebbe andarsene a parametro zero a fine stagione. Non mi sono ancora incontrato con rappresentanti del Borussia Dortmund. L'incontro e' previsto per il mese di febbraio. Prima mi vedro' con Metzelder per vedere il da farsi. Sino ad allora non voglio intavolare trattative con qualsiasi altro club. Posso solo confermare che e' richiesto da società italiane (Juventus ed Inter) e straniere. Nel caso lasciasse il Borussia non rimarrebbe in Germania, non ha richieste qui".

-calciomercato.com

Baggio93

Jan 22, 2004
following metzes career it is likely to say he is a good defender but not a defender worth 2,5 mio / season, he was often injured and never took that one step up to be a world class defender - I think Juve should only go for such type of players, long enough we played players who are just good like Zebina, Emerson,...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Metzelder could go on free

Borussia Dortmund defender Christoph Metzelder could leave the club on a free in the summer, according to his agent. The Germany international has endured a torrid few years through injury and with his current deal up in June may leave Germany altogether.

"I confirm that I may be helping him find a new club for a Bosman free transfer at the end of the season," Jorg Neubauer confirmed.

"Representatives from his club, Dortmund, have still not met with me regarding his future."

"The provisional meeting is scheduled for early February. This is before I speak to Metzelder to see what he wants to do.

"Until then I will not enter into negotiations with any club.

"I can only confirm that some Italian clubs are interested in him, and other foreign parties.

"If he did leave Dortmund then he would not stay in Germany
."

Internazionale and Juventus are rumoured to be keen for the versatile yet fragile stopper's services.

Eurosport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)