Tudor out, Metzelder in? (4 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Juve's management should've signed him but they decided to save money by offering him less money thinking he will sign either way:disagree:

All he wanted was an extra 0.8m euro a year(n he came for free, so no need for transfer money)
we may have some money in the kitty litter but the club still needs to be firm regarding offering contracts. 800K extra a season isn't peanuts either.

Lets not forget this a player who hasnt been at his best for a while now. yes in form and at his best he is a very good defender, but there are others out there who the club are looking at and who are better right now. eg. barzagli and pepe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
we may have some money in the kitty litter but the club still needs to be firm regarding offering contracts. 800K extra a season isn't peanuts either.

Lets not forget this a player who hasnt been at his best for a while now. yes in form and at his best he is a very good defender, but there are others out there who the club are looking at and who are better right now. eg. barzagli and pepe.
800k is cheap compared to the 5m pounds the management dished out to sign Cristico(n plus Juve owned 50% of his contract)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I feel really dissppointed to lose Metz, was one of my favorite to fill one of the two CB positions next year...
Me as well, I was amongst who asked for Metzelder to join us for free, it was the real bargain but everything gone with the wind.

800k is cheap compared to the 5m pounds the management dished out to sign Cristico(n plus Juve owned 50% of his contract)
That's what I don't perceive up until now. But, there maybe just one acceptable explanation; Metzelder preferred to join Real Madrid instead, hence, he can play in the Champions League for the upcoming season. Hopefully, Ribery would re-consider our offer.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i see transfers and contracts as 2 different things. Sure we spent 5 million on getting Criscito back, but that is what was required to secure a future centre back who could be a great.

Metzelder was on a free, so it was only his contract that mattered. What happens when others join or want to renew their contract...suddenly players remember that club could so easily offer an extra 800K a season to one player, so they'll all be knocking on Secco's door at headquarters as well.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"There’s no formal document signed, but I have reached total agreement with Real Madrid"
“I am so sure that I’m about to start learning Spanish.”

He will make a fine pair with Canna,it could be our CB twin... but at least, we wont have to face them...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Metzelder Admits Real Madrid Agreement

Although reports in Spanish sports daily ‘AS’ (Ace) revealed the signing at the beginning of the current month, the player himself has admitted that the White House will be his next home in an interview with German paper 'Westfälische Rundschau'.

Borussia Dortmund and Germany centre-back Metzelder has broken his prudent silence on any link with Real Madrid with the Westfälische Rundschau revelations.

It had been known that Doctor Del Corral had given the player a medical, but since then the White House has kept mum.

Christoph Metzelder explained to Dortmund daily ‘Westfälische Rundschau’ that he’s reached an agreement with Madrid. "There’s no formal document signed, but I have reached total agreement with Real Madrid", the player revealed.

He added that he’s about to start preparing his move with practical preparation. “I am so sure that I’m about to start learning Spanish.”

There’s been no reaction from the Bernabéu yet as efforts are centred on the remaining Liga fixtures and the still-accessible trophy.

Metzelder and Madrid had apparently reached an unofficial agreement that nothing would be said until the end of the Bundesliga on the 19th of May, but the player has made his move as pressure was increasing and interfering with his short-term aim of saving Dortmund from the drop

Goal.com
I don´t know why it isn´t closed yet. Lazy mods..... :p

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Metzelder: ‘I still have not signed for anyone’

Borussia Dortmund defender Cristoph Metzelder denies rumours that he has already signed for Real Madrid. The German international, whose contract with his club expires this summer, said: “I don’t know where these rumours are coming from, I still have not signed for anyone.”

Inter and Juventus are among the clubs interested in the player.
Calciomercato.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)