True Detective (2 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Every season new actors... could be good could be bad... if they got Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in their first seaon who knows what actors we'll see in the next seasons............. :D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
finale: underwhelming
such spoilage in brats these days, it's riveting :rolleyes: :D

the finale would have been better imo if Rust had passed - they probably could have worked the "forgiving himself" part into it just as well too - but thought the way they ended it was fitting too with lots of questions and "bad guys" left be.
Have heard a lot of complaints from friends/colleagues regarding a lack of explanation as to what the motivation behind all the sacrifices was, etc but I think that was well worked into the plot as it developed as opposed have a full on review at the end. Reading up on Chambers' "The King in Yellow" may make following and making sense out of the series a bit easier, I guess. Same goes for familiarity with some of the socio-economic peculiarities of Lousiana and the US south.

All in all, for me this was the best series I have seen, as in ever (and yes, guys, I did have the patience to watch some episodes of "Arrow" and "Sherlock") :D.
I knew, or at least very, very strongly suspected, who the killer was at the end of ep. 3, which kind of took some of the suspense away but the series was well worth watching just for the dialogue and the cinematography alone.

Season 1 certainly raised the bar big time for the rest of the show. Hope they keep the same director for season 2 otherwise there is a real chance the gap in quality to end up being a bit too wide.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Watched the last 2 episodes yesterday. mind = blown.

This is the best series i've ever watched, never thought of Maconohé (excuse the spelling ) as a great actor until this.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Watched the season finale yesterday... read that you guys were a bit dissapointed but i wasn't.. What a serie... 8 very good episodes... can't wait for the next season..

Jul 10, 2006
This is probably the best "Anthology" I have ever seen. It's going to be hard to judge it as a season when each one will be different, different locations, different actors, etc. But an incredible first season.

It's right up there with The Wire, which is still, imo, the best "conventional" series ever made.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This is probably the best "Anthology" I have ever seen. It's going to be hard to judge it as a season when each one will be different, different locations, different actors, etc. But an incredible first season.

It's right up there with The Wire, which is still, imo, the best "conventional" series ever made.
So it will be like American Horror Story with an entirely new plot as well or different characters tracking the same cult?

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
So it will be like American Horror Story with an entirely new plot as well or different characters tracking the same cult?
No news about it tracking the same cult, I do like that idea as well though.

What I read was something along the lines of, 'True Detective' Season 2 to Tackle Transit System's 'Occult History'
Show's creator says characters in next season will be "hard women" and "bad men"

Jul 10, 2006
New location, new actors.. God I hope they DO NOT reference the first season at all. Please no.

I don't think they will do that, though, thankfully. I think they will have an entirely new case to investigate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)