Trez may want arsenal move but valencia are interested! (2 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Baggio, you really think Mutu will stay with us next year? I thought Moggi would use him for some cash and bring the likes of Gila or Nonda.
Azzuri, Mutu wont be swapped for Nonda. As for a Gila deal, im pretty sure Milan will have that snapped up before we even get to Parma. Cassano would be a probability, but hopefully better sense will prevail, and Moggi would sell Dp to acquire Antonio.

PS: I know your a Dp fan, but really, these last 5 games should prove to us once and for all, just how much of a liability hes becoming. Clearly he cannot shoulder the burden in the absence of Trez or Ibra, unfortunately. And hes largely anonymous when you need him the most. Hopefully, he can prove me wrong tomorrow nite.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
The thing is... Del Piero has hig magical moments, but he is like a rollercoaster, he is on high form for a game, the next 5 he is anonymous. And then he is good again and so on... We need players who are good all the time, or most of the time: Nedved, Zlatan, Emerson, Cannavaro, Thuram etc.... Class players :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Azzuri, Mutu wont be swapped for Nonda. As for a Gila deal, im pretty sure Milan will have that snapped up before we even get to Parma. Cassano would be a probability, but hopefully better sense will prevail, and Moggi would sell Dp to acquire Antonio.

PS: I know your a Dp fan, but really, these last 5 games should prove to us once and for all, just how much of a liability hes becoming. Clearly he cannot shoulder the burden in the absence of Trez or Ibra, unfortunately. And hes largely anonymous when you need him the most. Hopefully, he can prove me wrong tomorrow nite.
yeah i know bro, his last 5games were kinda awfull for him, but i don't think Moggi will ever think of selling Dp, Maybe bringing new fresh Striker and Bench Dp untill he can reach his level and never fall back again, but selling Dp would be harsh on Juve and us the fans.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

What do you want with Cassano,Zlatan,Mutu,and Trez?As has been the case in the past few matches Capello looks like he's gonna be reverting to the 4-4-2 next season,and that'd mean two of that four would be sitting on the bench.I have no idea how that would make sense,plus you have to take into account that accquring Cassano would take money we need for other areas of the team.I say leave the forward lineup as it is,that way if Capello needs to bench someone at least we won't be spending money.In all likelihood,Del Piero will be benched anyway so your excuse of him being a liability wouldn't be valid.Zlatan and Mutu are players of roughly Cassano's calibre so I don't see why we have to get him, and of course there's that notorious reputation of his we'd have to contend with.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I am certainly in favor of leaving the attack as it is and focusing in on the midfield. The latter is clearly the trouble spot and there is no reason to spend a lot of money for something we don't need. The midfield needs to be remodeled, not the frontline.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

What do you want with Cassano,Zlatan,Mutu,and Trez?As has been the case in the past few matches Capello looks like he's gonna be reverting to the 4-4-2 next season,and that'd mean two of that four would be sitting on the bench.I have no idea how that would make sense,plus you have to take into account that accquring Cassano would take money we need for other areas of the team.I say leave the forward lineup as it is,that way if Capello needs to bench someone at least we won't be spending money.In all likelihood,Del Piero will be benched anyway so your excuse of him being a liability wouldn't be valid.Zlatan and Mutu are players of roughly Cassano's calibre so I don't see why we have to get him, and of course there's that notorious reputation of his we'd have to contend with.
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I am certainly in favor of leaving the attack as it is and focusing in on the midfield. The latter is clearly the trouble spot and there is no reason to spend a lot of money for something we don't need. The midfield needs to be remodeled, not the frontline.

Its one thing to want something, and completely another to get it. Obviously, its not a secret that Trez or Dp are on the out, and thats going to mean a new intro to the attacking line up whether you like it or not. If that is likely to be the case, i think someone like Cassano would pretty much settle our attacking line up for years to come. Mutu, to me would be the most versatile player in attack, and he could serve behind the front two as and when required, giving us a three pronged attack when it is called for and perhaps that edge that goes missing everytime Nedved does. I'd clearly see the need for four top notch strikers if we're to go all the way in the scudetto and CL. As we've seen, even someone like Zlatan is bound to get wayward with so much responsibility on him in the absence of Trez and the anonymity of Del Piero on the pitch. Id rather have class players sitting on the bench than someone like Zalayeta taking over from Trez in an injury plagued season! Irrespective, midfield is undoubtedly our number one priority, and we could do with a couple of reinforcements there alone.

What id like to see (unlikely but keeping in mind that we could use depth in our squad):

Out:
Appiah
Montero
Ferrara (Hope he has a future role to play at the club)
Tacchinardi
Del Piero
Blasi

Loan:
Olivera or Kapo

In:
Chivu
Kovac
Barzagli
Chillieni
Riquelme
Essien
Cassano

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Essien is overated hes just as good as appiah
Riquelme is not for serie a + we never been linked with him
Chillieni makes too many mistakes in defance
Barzagli had a great start in serie a but now he seems to be strugling
Kovac is weak and short
Chivu and Cassano:star: :lick:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Its one thing to want something, and completely another to get it. Obviously, its not a secret that Trez or Dp are on the out, and thats going to mean a new intro to the attacking line up whether you like it or not. If that is likely to be the case, i think someone like Cassano would pretty much settle our attacking line up for years to come. Mutu, to me would be the most versatile player in attack, and he could serve behind the front two as and when required, giving us a three pronged attack when it is called for and perhaps that edge that goes missing everytime Nedved does. I'd clearly see the need for four top notch strikers if we're to go all the way in the scudetto and CL. As we've seen, even someone like Zlatan is bound to get wayward with so much responsibility on him in the absence of Trez and the anonymity of Del Piero on the pitch. Id rather have class players sitting on the bench than someone like Zalayeta taking over from Trez in an injury plagued season! Irrespective, midfield is undoubtedly our number one priority, and we could do with a couple of reinforcements there alone.

What id like to see (unlikely but keeping in mind that we could use depth in our squad):

Out:
Appiah
Montero
Ferrara (Hope he has a future role to play at the club)
Tacchinardi
Del Piero
Blasi

Loan:
Olivera or Kapo

In:
Chivu
Kovac
Barzagli
Chillieni
Riquelme
Essien
Cassano
Chivu and Kovac aren't Juve material. Then again, Thuram isn't anymore either.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Chivu and Kovac aren't Juve material. Then again, Thuram isn't anymore either.
chivu is great , he can be the backbone of our defence and he can shoot well too

Sep 28, 2002
kovac is better than legrottaglie anyway so why not, let him come. chivu would be a good purchase and thuram can stay one more year as a back up. he'll retire in 2006 anyway imo.

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
I want to see out that players:

Del Piero (first priority to load him off) - 5-8 M €
Zalayeta 5 M €
Olivera (loan)
Nedved (end of carrer of maybe 3-5 M €)
Appiah - 6 M €

I want to see in that players:
Giannicheda - free
Kovac - free
Nonda (zala sub) - free
Mutu - free
Rosicky - 15 M €
Barzagli - DP exchage
Chiellini (buy other half)

So our team would be:

---------------------Gigi---------------------------
(Bonnefoi)
---Zebina----Barzagli----Canna-----Zambrotta--
(Birindeli) (Thuram) (Kovac) (Chiellini)
---Camo-----Emerson---Giannicheda-----Rosicky
(Kapo) (Blasi) (Appiah) ( Kapo)
---------------Mutu------------Zlatan---------------
(Nonda) (Trezeguet)

This could be the team which is between one generation and the other.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
We dont need a revamp to the squad. We need just a couple players. A young def, a partner for emerson and another midfielder and thats it.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
If we just need a cuple of players, then we hafta buy just worldclass, ala: Gerrard, Pizarro, Rosicky, Gilardino, Chivu, Vieira... Etc. Etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)