Trez may want arsenal move but valencia are interested! (3 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
We dont need a revamp to the squad. We need just a couple players. A young def, a partner for emerson and another midfielder and thats it.
I'd like to agree with you, but unfortunately there are way too many fringe players who dont bring anything to the table anymore. Striking deals like getting Kovac on a free is absolutely imperative to replace the likes of montero and ferrara at the back. We've cut it really fine as far as the size of our squad goes, and quite frankly the lack of depth is as evident as ever. True, we've got a decent starting line up, but then again, there are already a few players out on the pitch who're either not at the level we'd like them to be (eg. Blasi, Zebina) or simply well past their expiry date on the pitch (Del Piero).

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

I'd like to agree with you, but unfortunately there are way too many fringe players who dont bring anything to the table anymore. Striking deals like getting Kovac on a free is absolutely imperative to replace the likes of montero and ferrara at the back. We've cut it really fine as far as the size of our squad goes, and quite frankly the lack of depth is as evident as ever. True, we've got a decent starting line up, but then again, there are already a few players out on the pitch who're either not at the level we'd like them to be (eg. Blasi, Zebina) or simply well past their expiry date on the pitch (Del Piero).
imo we should have ben slowly incorperating the new young stars over the past few years, but nope...quick fix as usual.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

I totally agree on that respect, but im talking about main additions. Montero should part with us, Ciro probably will retire and Todur should return. Kovac and a young def will be adequete to replace them.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
The youngest two players in the starting eleven ARE Blasi and Zebina! Contradicting post :D
If your referring to my post above, kindly read the last sentence again. ;)

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
I don't know who wants to bring Viera in, but the fact is, that if we bring in Viera that means, we're gonna buy a new DMC in 2 years. Bullshit if you ask me. I would rather see "for free" Giannicheda than expensive Viera.

And I read on juventus.com, that Trez is moving nowhere and I belive that. And we have to bring in young players, not old-mans.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

I totally agree on that respect, but im talking about main additions. Montero should part with us, Ciro probably will retire and Todur should return. Kovac and a young def will be adequete to replace them.
Even referring to main additions, its like i said in the latter half of my post, there are a few players who were brought into the squad last year and havent entirely gelled completely with the unit and our gaming structure and we could do with an upgrade on a few other players who're on the wrong side of 30.

Del Piero (0 effectiveness)
Nedved (fading with time)
Blasi (not Davids material)
Zebina (may cut him a little slack, but then again, we could do with an upgrade)

Just some of the names that spring to mind.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
trez should be dumped to any team , one of my favorates is deMehele (udenese) what a wonderful goal he scored in seiana game :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Trez can leave as long as we can get a replacement for him, as far as Im concerned Del Piero and Trezeguet should leave.

Looking at where Fiorentina and Parma are in the standings, i really feel we should be going for their star players...

Gilardino, Bojinov, Bonera....

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, at the rate we're going, its just quick fix problems. And the trouble with that is, one quick fix problem leads to another. Ideally, id like to get rid of player like Dp, Blasi, Nedved, Ferrara, Montero and bring in the new. But if we go another year without a title, i dont think Moggi and co are going to have time and patience for developing players. We're going to need someone to take up the mantle right from the start.

PS: Vonam, just read your location. Was in Jakarta recently, and i wanted to tell you, that it rocks. ;) Especially Cj's and Sports bar. I missed out on Tiga Pulu tho, it was shut for renovations. :(

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well, at the rate we're going, its just quick fix problems. And the trouble with that is, one quick fix problem leads to another. Ideally, id like to get rid of player like Dp, Blasi, Nedved, Ferrara, Montero and bring in the new. But if we go another year without a title, i dont think Moggi and co are going to have time and patience for developing players. We're going to need someone to take up the mantle right from the start.
Yeah true..there's no place for a trophyless season for Juve, thats y Juve never managed to develop their youth. Gila to me seems like a really good option, but I know it's our midfield that is weakest at the moment.

PS: Vonam, just read your location. Was in Jakarta recently, and i wanted to tell you, that it rocks. ;) Especially Cj's and Sports bar. I missed out on Tiga Pulu tho, it was shut for renovations. :(
I take it u were here for pleasure then?..or both(business)?:D Next time u should let me know so I can show u around. I guess Jakarta isn't short on Clubs, Cafes and night life places, after all we've got plenty of young rich people around here.:greedy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)