Transfer Market: We Need to Win Here Too (3 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Who gives a flying feck about Di Vaio? Why do we even have to mention his name? It's not like we needed him this season, not at all. Can't believe some people are dwelling over this guy, and that midget Miccoli as well. These players I have forgotten about after seeing Ibrahimovic this year, and rightfully so. Both of them don't even come close to Zlatan's skill, so why are we talking about them? Sheesh.

And please tell me that Maresca would have made a difference this season because he wouldn't have.

Because he is fantastic playrer so as Micco and Maresca.
Great trio will never back.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #82
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

A solid player? Pesotto? The man is not young anymore we can't rely on him. He will be skinned by opposing wingers. If Zambrotta gets injured, who will we play then?
    I don't recall mentioning Pesotto's name, did I? I meant Zamrbotta. Though Pesotto still is a great backup as evidence to his preformances in the latter part of last season.

You know, when Zidane left, we brought in Nedved. Totally different from the way Zidane plays. So when Nedved goes, we have quite alot of options. Emo is a box to box player who is better defensively. What sort of player would be good next to Emo?

Nedved is a box to box offensive player, and likes to drift and give in some wicked crosses. Perhaps our next centre mid could be somebody with more vision and left graft? Somebody who will release the wingers and strikers with more through balls?

Or maybe we could have 2 hardworking centre mids where the formation revolves more around width? Never know but this might end up Appiah in the centre with Emo. That's why I would like Maresca back in the centre to team up with Emo.
    Maresca would be a welcome option for me, as I said, was surprised we sold half his contract to Fiorentina.

Maresca is under a 50/50 ownership between Fiorentina and Juve. So why not? It's much cheaper than Aimar, Riqulme and Ronaldinho and definitely more proven in the Serie A.

Aimar, Riqulme, Ronaldinho? You're having a laugh. Aimar is out of favour and would prefer a move to England so he can team up with Rafa Benitez while Riqulme and Ronaldinho are happy in Spain.
    I was actually having a laugh, I know Juve too much to know they will never sign such players with high prices. The only way we can sign them is if we the players themselves preferred a move to Juve and we had some bargaining power over their respective clubs, but we don't. That's why I said we should sign someone like them, someone in the same calibre.

Although the problem is, where do we find this player???

Granted we need a centre mid that isn't defensive but to say that the left back area of Juve is not 'interesting' is really ignorant. We're relying on Zambrotta too much. If he is injured as a left winger, at least we still have Kapo and Cole/Chinelli/(whichever leftback that would be good enough for starting lineup)
    If you want to approach every problem with such an alarming rate, then I suggets you ask Moggi to spend all of Juve's money to cover each and every position with a good backup. I understand your concern, but that isn't our TOP PRIORITY if you know what I mean. Your concern is just the same as Chimenti is to Buffon. Chimenti is by far no where near Buffon's calibre and for this reason, should we get a back-up like Frey or Toldo? We also do not have sufficient cover for our centre-backs Thuram and Cannavaro, but that doesn't mean we should sign another Nesta or Staam. My point is, we can not afford to spend money on just a back-up player in the form of Chiellini or Cole. Or for that reason, sign someone so we can push Zambrotta to another position and rearrange the midfield. I think it would be more reasonable to sign a directly needed player like in your preference, Maresca. And for everyone to have a laugh, Riquelme, Aimar, or Ronaldinho. Either Maresca or Ronaldinho & Co., they would be better signings than spending money to bring a left-back into the squad.

Oh sorry if I touched a nerve, I'm just being sarcastic. But I think I'm more interested in discussing on "indicating a player we should get from what team and state the reason behind it" than being sarcastic though
    I'm glad you cleared the air. It's a pleasure discussing this with you. Moving on, what other areas do we need to cover in our transfers?

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
    Because he is fantastic playrer so as Micco and Maresca.
    Great trio will never back.
    I personally don't think DV is that good a player, and I'm glad we sold him so he can enjoy first team football. It was no point having him to rot on the bench. He didn't fit in Juve, he seemed to lack confidence and never really got that scoring touch he had at Parma. Everytime I saw him go 1 on 1 I would think DP would have a better chance scoring. (That time DP was kinda off form ;) )

Micco should have stayed IMO. Well, I don't rate Zlatan and I prefer Miccoli over him that's why. Personal reasons so yeah, not gonna discuss on who's a better player I just prefer Miccoli :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    If you want to approach every problem with such an alarming rate, then I suggets you ask Moggi to spend all of Juve's money to cover each and every position with a good backup. I understand your concern, but that isn't our TOP PRIORITY if you know what I mean. Your concern is just the same as Chimenti is to Buffon. Chimenti is by far no where near Buffon's calibre and for this reason, should we get a back-up like Frey or Toldo? We also do not have sufficient cover for our centre-backs Thuram and Cannavaro, but that doesn't mean we should sign another Nesta or Staam. My point is, we can not afford to spend money on just a back-up player in the form of Chiellini or Cole. Or for that reason, sign someone so we can push Zambrotta to another position and rearrange the midfield. I think it would be more reasonable to sign a directly needed player like in your preference, Maresca. And for everyone to have a laugh, Riquelme, Aimar, or Ronaldinho. Either Maresca or Ronaldinho & Co., they would be better signings than spending money to bring a left-back into the squad.
    I don't think Juve has alot of problems, I just feel this is one of the more important problem. I just don't think replacing Nedved is a problem now, it will be a problem at the end of the new season. This will be the season to see who shines in the Serie A as a offensive/creative midfielder. But he might be a flop. Legro was good in Chievo but at Juve, I'd rather have Ferrara on one leg over him if there was injury crisis.

A midfielder I think we should keep an eye on and play alongside Emo is Bayern's Bastian Schweinsteiger. He played on the right against Chelsea and impressed me but he looks like a more central kind of player. Doubt Bayern will sell him since he's their hot prospect. He's only 21 in August. The World Cup could be a chance for him to shine. If we try to get him after the WC his value will surely rise.

These are only a few options I have in mind for the centre mid slot apart from Enzo.

Speaking of a goalie, we should get Jacky Chan in goal ;)

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    And turn every Juventus game into a "Shao-lin Soccer" movie. =)

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #86
    Seriously, I think we also need to have a replacement keeper who is younger than Chimenti and someone who is a little bit quicker.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #88
    He's not our replacement is he? Why did Chimenti play in the closing stages of our season? And he let is as much goals as well.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #89
    I'm not sure you're quite following me.

I'm troubled about Chimenti being our back-up to Buffon because he onle played a couple of times for us last season and he let in as much goals already.

And I was asking if Bonnefoi was still part of our team because I didn't see a single appearance from his last year?

If Bonnefoi is still with us, good. I thought he got shipped out already because Capello opted to play Chimenti while giving Buffon a rest last season.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    But he is 22 next year 23, he isnt that young anymore,
    isnt it time to be number2?
    And why keep him if he is crap?
    Keepers dont get suspended or even injured that easy,
    we dont need to create competition and further problems to Gigi's stability,
    bringing a big name,
    since keeper isnt our priority why spend on them if we have a decent sub already?

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #92
    That's what I was saying, I think we shipped him last year.

Anyway, there haven't been any more news on the transfer market recently so we all just have to wait.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

I personally don't think DV is that good a player, and I'm glad we sold him so he can enjoy first team football. It was no point having him to rot on the bench. He didn't fit in Juve, he seemed to lack confidence and never really got that scoring touch he had at Parma. Everytime I saw him go 1 on 1 I would think DP would have a better chance scoring. (That time DP was kinda off form ;) )

Micco should have stayed IMO. Well, I don't rate Zlatan and I prefer Miccoli over him that's why. Personal reasons so yeah, not gonna discuss on who's a better player I just prefer Miccoli :cool:
    Well I think that DV was good,he gave some importanr goals,and he was the last season's top goalscorer against the strongest clubs we have as our opponents.
    Miccoli,that was our bad move selling him.He is very fast player,good dribbler,he can play even a winger,he is good for a freekicks(very near to be completed player).
    I prfer him too,as a metter of fact he is one of my favs.I think that his only weakness are headers but no one is perfect.Great player is Micco IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

u have to admit Enzo woulda done a heck of a lot more than blasi and appiah...possibly the combined efforts of both.
    No, I don't have to admit that. What he could have given offensively could have easily been taken away by his lack of defensive skills in midfield. In reality Capello will never field a player in central midfield who cannot do his share of defending, and Maresca is rather poor when it comes to tackling.

After all he says about Juve, after all we have been through, why do you still want him back? Obviously there is something we don't know about, or we cannot judge because obviously Juventus has no need for him and that's why we shipped him out (supposedly). He's gone, so get over it already. And again, he would have added jack squat this season so in reality we did not need him at all.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Well I think that DV was good,he gave some importanr goals,and he was the last season's top goalscorer against the strongest clubs we have as our opponents.
    Miccoli,that was our bad move selling him.He is very fast player,good dribbler,he can play even a winger,he is good for a freekicks(very near to be completed player).
    I prfer him to,as a metter of fact he is one of my favs.I think that his only weakness are headers but no one is perfect.Great player is Micco IMO.

Great players both.If last season we had this years defence and we were not unlucky with the injuries we would be in europe top

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #98
    I think this would be every Juve player's fantasy, and I don't see it coming into reality as well because we will never sign someone like Ronladinho.

Well, not unless we sold our players and earned around 20M

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

Great players both.If last season we had this years defence and we were not unlucky with the injuries we would be in europe top
    Yes ,U are right,last season we were really unlucky and we didn't have Cannavaro to do the job in the defence.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    IMO We will never attract big name players like Ronaldinho, because the second someone like Real flashes their wallet at us, we will be like yeah, have him, we will take your money...

IMO We don't show enough loyalty to our players, we treat them like walking money tree, and in turn many star players rather go to loser teams like Inter and Roma, where at least they feel they are treated with more loyalty and respect...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)