Transfer Market: We Need to Win Here Too (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
This is gonna be a long post but I hope some of you have time to read it.

First of all, i dont know if his thread qualifies in this forum so any of the moderators can move it if they feel it right to do so.

I've just been concerned by reports about Milan's signings so far this summer and compared to ours, it seems like they are building a team to take the scudetto from us next season, and they also seem likely to have a squad capable of winning the Champions League, one of our prized objectives as well.

According to reports, as I'm sure all of us here know, the most probably signings we have at the moment are only Kovac and Giannichedda.(Both are defensive midfiielders, while one is also a versatile defender according to reports).Reports linking us to other players with real quality are hard to come by, specially that Juve is not a team that spends. Milan on the other hand have signed Vogel, and Jankulovski. The latter being a highly-coveted signing. Nedved has given so much praise in the past for Jankulovski and the player himself expressed desire in joining Juve so I don't know why Moggi did not make a realistic move. Jankulovski, playing in a system like Milan can hurt us in the future, so that signing is of great concern to me, and should also be to the Juventus management. And, it is almost scary and safe to assume that Gilardino will be moving to Milan. That one, I do not have to further explain why it poses us a threat.

It is quite clear that Milan have been our closest rivals, and the only realistic rivals who can really be a threat to us over the past years. And because of this, we also have to be weary and feel a bit of trepidation as regards to their movement over the transfer market.

Moggi seems to be the most reputable man on the transfer market in Italy, but I start to feel that the "group" in the Milan Transfer Department have made admirable signings over the past decade as well.

So now we take the battle off the field against Milan. Apart from Giannicheda and Kovac, what are our transfer objectives this summer?

Kovac, I do not know much about. Giannichedda has always been useful wherever he plays. But we've already got Emerson, and Blasi, Tacchi, and Appiah in that deparment. For sure we will be selling to trim down that area of our squad.

With Juve's tight belt, and little spending power, or should I rather say stingy spending power, what can we do for the summer transfer market?

Do we sell some of our stars to make a new competitive one? From whatever source of income we may have, when we do get money, where do we spend it?

-

Guys, to make this thread a very informative one. Please do not go on with just blasting this thread with a list of players' names.

[color=orange-red]Indicate the player name, and team: and the reason behind it. [/color]

Thanks guys. This is all for us to have a better view of our movement in the market and all the options available to us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
on barzagali bonera cassettibut that would balance with departures of appiah legrottale montero ferrara i think we will have to pay around to 9million pounds for mutu to chelsea

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
can someone say what is going with cassano giraudo has told dp is staying and now moggi is saying they are not intrested in cassano is cassano asking too much wages

OP
Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Guys, to make this thread a very informative one. Please do not go on with just blasting this thread with a list of players' names.

[color=orange-red]Indicate the player name, and team: and the reason behind it. [/color]

Thanks guys. This is all for us to have a better view of our movement in the market and all the options available to us.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by serfaraaz ] ++
    on barzagali bonera cassettibut that would balance with departures of appiah legrottale montero ferrara i think we will have to pay around to 9million pounds for mutu to chelsea
    I though that we don't need to pay any compensation to Chelsea for mutu.

Anyone knows better?????

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

With Juve's tight belt, and little spending power, or should I rather say stingy spending power, what can we do for the summer transfer market?
    Ok , good idea to make this thread but I think that you will not see anything new here besides other transfer threads.
    Anyway,you were right, not little spending power rather stingy spending power.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Zlatan to Real Madrid, for the simple reason that they're putting 44m pounds on the table(if, of course, that is true).

Did I just succeed in making this a DP vs Zlatan thread? :p

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Milan have signed Vogel, Jankulovski and are looking to net Ljunberg and Gilardino.

This is sick, its making me upset, we are the ones needing highprofile midfielders yet Milan have signed good ones (jankuski n prob ljunberg). They have added even more attacking strenght to their side.

If we are going to win the CL league we need more than just a solid team, we need to be dangerous with many attacking options from the midfield.

I really dont know where we can find the money, I would hardly think sale of Zlatan would do us any good. But I cant see anybody else leaving for good money.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Exactly, well said vOnAm!

Despite Pirlo, Seedorf, and Kaka, it's quite absurd to add more talent in the form of Jankulovski and Ljundberg. But they plan to do it, and have in fact signed the first mentioned. Just compare the gap in quality in midfield between Juve and Milan, the gap is MASSIVE!

And yes, I have pondered on the thought that even if we did decide to sell any of our stars, it woudn't really bring in that much money. The only "Cash Cows" in this squad would be Zlatan because he's still young, Zambrotta because of his consistency, and Buffon for being #1. But I doubt that they will be leaving, and I don't want to either.

-

One of the turning points in this year's transfer market is the plan of Juve to retain the services of Chiellini. But there are rumors that he doesn't want to return. If this does happen, do you guys think there will be competition for his place with Zambrotta, or do you think Zambro will be moved in midfield? The dilemma is if Chiellini is brought back to Turin, I would think that he would have to compete with Zambrotta, and this would make Chiellini unhappy because Zambro would unlikely be moved to midfield, given that our signings will be already in that department (Kovac & Giannichedda). So what happens there?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Exactly, well said vOnAm!

Despite Pirlo, Seedorf, and Kaka, it's quite absurd to add more talent in the form of Jankulovski and Ljundberg. But they plan to do it, and have in fact signed the first mentioned. Just compare the gap in quality in midfield between Juve and Milan, the gap is MASSIVE!

And yes, I have pondered on the thought that even if we did decide to sell any of our stars, it woudn't really bring in that much money. The only "Cash Cows" in this squad would be Zlatan because he's still young, Zambrotta because of his consistency, and Buffon for being #1. But I doubt that they will be leaving, and I don't want to either.

-

One of the turning points in this year's transfer market is the plan of Juve to retain the services of Chiellini. But there are rumors that he doesn't want to return. If this does happen, do you guys think there will be competition for his place with Zambrotta, or do you think Zambro will be moved in midfield? The dilemma is if Chiellini is brought back to Turin, I would think that he would have to compete with Zambrotta, and this would make Chiellini unhappy because Zambro would unlikely be moved to midfield, given that our signings will be already in that department (Kovac & Giannichedda). So what happens there?
    I would like Chiellini at LB and Zambo at LM while Neddy plays CM, and I think if Chiellini is informed that we will play with such formation he will be happy to come. Zambo looks much better at Left Winger, he looks very dangerous very often. I think Capello is looking for a LB coz Zambo will move back to LM.

But again, i feel we lack midfield attaacking options, aside from neddy we have nobody to play midfield unless Olivera becomes consistant and not emotional.

Appiah looks good as DMC, and Giannicheda looks good also at that position, but again I think to achieve the CL cup we need more attacking options so that we dont do a repeat of the Juve-Liverpool game at Delle Alpi.

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    we are always loosers in the transfer market , we get the cheap and the free players
    Always, the good thing is that we arent losers when it comes to competition.

Jul 28, 2002
    dont need any more dms...appiah SHOULD be enough as a defensive partner for Emo if he learnt how actually play football.

We do not need.......micro creative strikers, pure defensive midfielders....

we need full backs, centre halfs and creative midfielders.

Players......Parisi: Backup for rambo/midfield, great left foot, already o ntrial with us, relatively cheap.

Bonera:...yes i know he shit half the time, but h can play fulback/centrehalf...usefull and the only likely looking signing.

Rosicky: On the cheap, can play deep like pirlo, expert passer and does tons of work also....since enzo is gone ...this is the creative midfielder we need.

Done.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    Actually we don't need to win on the transfer market to beat Milan.
    I think most of the Milan players will be deeply scarred by the events of the Champions League final, and I can't see them doing anything next year, especially with Mr Second Place in charge.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Is it true that Edu sign for Valencia?

Aimar will be good for us,Vicente as AML,these two looked me good all the time.
    I think that Aimar's price is about 14mil Euros and Liverpool is interested for him.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    we need Pizarro. He plays great in Udinese the last 2 season. One of the ligas best midfielders! underrated and well unknown outside of Italy (at least in Sweden) He is pure quality and I want him next to Emerson. WE would be unstoppable with him in the startingeleven.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
    Is it true that Edu sign for Valencia?

Aimar will be good for us,Vicente as AML,these two looked me good all the time.
    I think that Aimar's price is about 14mil Euros and Liverpool is interested for him.

Yes. And I doubt Aimar will leave Spain.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    we are always loosers in the transfer market , we get the cheap and the free players
    Yes, Cannavaro, Emerson, Zlatan and Zebina are really crap players.
    You're really crazy :groan:
    Just wait and see what Moggi is doing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)