Transfer Market: We Need to Win Here Too (6 Viewers)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Yes.We must not get dissapointed.It's too early.But last year we were linked with some names in the positions we wanted players.That year we are only linked with defenders (left) and attackers when we need a decent attacking midfielder

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
As Moggi said we cant compete with Milan and Inter in the transfer market,
when we are both interested for the same player,
they will buy him and we will take the leftovers.
We focus on defensive players that are less impressive and expensive,
Juventus bet on the teamwork more than the players.

A.C.M.

May 18, 2005
dont worry about inter none would prefer inter to juve,their destiny is losing.And we rarly fight for the same players!

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    I think Aimar would be a good signing, he's fallen out on their coach during the season but the turning point will be his relationship with the new coach to be appointed for Valencia. If he thinks he won't get along, we can poach him.

Any truths on the Cole report? I think it's rubbish because we already are recalling Chiellini.

Moggi was always been so sly in the market, he happens to pull out a rabbit from the hat at some point of time if we're lucky. Last year, he pulled out two at the last minute in the form of Cannavaro and Zlatan.

I hope he pulls out someone like Rosicky or someone...

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    England's Premier League strengthened its position in 2003-04 as Europe's richest, the Deloitte report said.

Revenue from Europe's top five leagues -- in England, Italy, Spain, Germany and France -- rose two percent to 5.8 billion euros ($7.14 billion).

The Premier League's income grew six percent to nearly two billion euros, over 800 million more than Italy's Serie A, the number two league in Europe.Revenue was 1.1 billion euros in Germany, 950 million in Spain and 660 million in France. Of the big five leagues only clubs in the English Premier League and Germany's Bundesliga made profits -- Serie A made losses of 341 million in 2003-04.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Good info serfaraaz.

But it doesn't really explain as to why Milan and Inter always have bigger spending power over us.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Milan were already one step ahead as players material,
    now with Ljunberg,Janku,Oddo,Gila additions
    (and who knows who else too)
    we can hardly remain competitive if we dont sign 4stars:down:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    To be honest, I don't see why we need to sign so many players for. We already have enough players and unless anybody leaves, there isn't a point in buying another player.

We have cover in every position, maybe except keeper but Buffon plays nearly all the time so its ok. We don't have superb cover but I think it is adequate.

Chinelli will probably be our new leftback with Zambro pushed into midfield. If Chinelli is injured, I'm sure Zamb can deputise or Pessotto can slot in.

If Zamb gets injured, I can see Nedved moving left midfield with probably Blasi/Appiah slotting in beside him. If Camo gets injured, there will be Kapo (if he's still here or else we'll need a new right winger)

I really can't place a finger on who to sign to strengthen the team. Kovac (even though he's a crocked player) and Gian are good realistic signings because they will provide the central defence cover we need. The only real backup we have there now is Montero, because Ferrara is really too old to be playing top-flight football anymore. And Legro is not a defender, at least not Serie A standard.

We have enough depth in the midfield but I do question the ability of the depth. But unless we sell, I don't see us buying. I think Oliveria is not a hot prospect and we should really like loan him or something to see what his true potential is. I never rated Tacchinardi, and look, he doesn't play for Italy. Wealth of talent there? Pffft, we have people like Cristiano Zanetti playing there.

Blasi is like a Gattuso wanna-be with alot of fouls, but no end product. Appiah is not good enough to play for us, he's better off playing for Brescia. I really wish we would get Maresca back, but if he comes back, where would he play? Would he be content sitting on the bench?

The only player I really wish we could get is Maresca, and I'm not afraid to say we should drop Nedved and play Maresca alongside Emo in midfield. Nedved is not young anymore, we should play him sparringly and look towards the future. Nedved would be a good player to throw on in the last 20-30 mins of the game too, and he's not pacy but he will really run the midfield haggard

Is Maresca a Fiorentina player or do Juve still have a share of him? Really wanna see him back here, he gave his all which is what the Juve team kinda lacks in general. The only player who do make an effort are Thuram, Canna, Zambro, Emo (but the farker can't shoot to save his life) and Nedved (but his contributions are not much). That's it! I would love to say Buffon makes an effort but he's a goalkeeper he doesn't really run :p

Yeah, good thread. Looking forward to seeing entries on who we should sign and why :cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    Chinelli will probably be our new leftback with Zambro pushed into midfield. If Chinelli is injured, I'm sure Zamb can deputise or Pessotto can slot in.
    I thought Chiellini wasn't coming...
    The only real backup we have there now is Montero, because Ferrara is really too old to be playing top-flight football anymore. And Legro is not a defender, at least not Serie A standard.
    Bringing Tudor back would be a good decision IMO
    The only player I really wish we could get is Maresca, and I'm not afraid to say we should drop Nedved and play Maresca alongside Emo in midfield. Nedved is not young anymore, we should play him sparringly and look towards the future. Nedved would be a good player to throw on in the last 20-30 mins of the game too, and he's not pacy but he will really run the midfield haggard
    How does Maresca come into the team at Nedved's expense? We currently play a 4-4-2 (though word is that Capello is looking to play a 3-4-3), so if Maresca comes into the team, it should be at Appiah/Blasi/Tacchi's expense, not Nedved's.

That said, Neddy's legs just aren't what they used to be (though he has shown some good form in the past few matches), so he looks likely to be replaced in the near future.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I thought Chiellini wasn't coming...
    Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi has confirmed that Fiorentina’s Giorgio Chiellini will return to Turin this summer.

How does Maresca come into the team at Nedved's expense? We currently play a 4-4-2 (though word is that Capello is looking to play a 3-4-3), so if Maresca comes into the team, it should be at Appiah/Blasi/Tacchi's expense, not Nedved's.

That said, Neddy's legs just aren't what they used to be (though he has shown some good form in the past few matches), so he looks likely to be replaced in the near future.
    With Zambrotta being played left wing, I was thinking it would probably be Nedved/Emo in the centre. Yeah, that's why I said if we did sign Maresca I would love to see him next to Emo

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Bianconeri transfer guru Luciano Moggi has confirmed that Fiorentina’s Giorgio Chiellini will return to Turin this summer.
    I thought Chiellini rejected the move, saying that he's happy in Firenze
    With Zambrotta being played left wing, I was thinking it would probably be Nedved/Emo in the centre. Yeah, that's why I said if we did sign Maresca I would love to see him next to Emo
    Nedved as a CM? :undecide:

care to draw up a formation for us?

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    zebina - thuram - canna - chinelli
    camo - emo - nedved - zamby

Chinelli rejected the move? What a cunt! I guess that means there is a need to sign a leftback then. I didn't know Chinelli rejected the move, all I've been seeing is news that he will be at Juve, especially at the news on the frontpage of Juventuz

Edit: forgot to add that the formation is basically the same, except that Emo will have to play more defensively with Nedved in the centre. It's basically the shape of last season's formation/lineup

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Chiellini reject the move coz he wants to play, and in Juve there was the posibility that he could not play...

There are the lates roumors in transfers:

Gilardino to Milan
    Cassano to inter
    Pizarro to Roma

Now the fisrt two doesn't worry me, coz quite frankly our front line its fine like it is now.
    Whjat Im worry is the Pizarro move, the news are saying that Inter will help Roma to complete the Pizarro move in orden to get Cassano.
    Pizarro its a great player and itv will be a shame to seen him in Roma, I would love to see him in Juve, so I hope this move doen't take place

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    Hmmmm...

Interesting discussion you guys have started here, I've just come back from work and am glad to see ideas spun around.

I don't think it's really essential that we've got to sign Chiellini back from Fiorentina because we've got a very solid left-back in Zambrotta, probably one of the best in Europe. We have yet to see if Chiellini can play with the same consistency in an atmosphere as Juve, so until he does, I'll stick with Zambrotta.

The only turning point I can think of in signing Chiellini back is with the aim to transform Zambrotta into another player again. We all know that the versatility of this player is huge, and he could be put on any position on the field and do a magnificent job, just don't give him the gloves.

Maybe, as all have been suggesting, Capello might use him on the left flank of the midfield, pushing Nedved to a more central role. Since Neddy can't run that fast anymore, we can't really use his legs to run for us on the flanks, and who better to do it than trusty 'ol Zamrbotta. But, that's a big MAYBE.

My other more whimsical theory is that Zambro may be transformed to partner Emerson in the middle. Zamrbo has had his fair share of defensive responsibilities so it wouldn't be so hard for him to cover the midfield next term. That way, we can still use Neddy on the flanks if Capello decides to do so. But I'd say this is more unlikely to happen.

-

And just to lay down some facts to clear things up much better:

1. Ferrara will retire this season and will not play in the 2005-2006 anymore so it's really pointless that we consider him in the squad to cover our defense.

2. Legro has been shipped already during the winter break, and I don't see him coming back.

3. Tacchi, sad to say, doesn't really feature in Capello's plans. I was a real admirer of Tacchi as he was also an icon of Juve in his glory days, but as sad as I am, Moggi will more likely sacrifice him over Capello.

-

About our rivals' signings, some light has shown on us over the Gilardino saga.

It looks like Chelsea will make it more difficult for Milan to capture Gilardino, which is more good for us because it is in these kind of situations that Moggi can cook us a recipe for success. Moggi-boy works well when there is a smoke screen and all his actions are hidden, that's when he pulls out a rabbit from his hat.

I can't really say I care and worry about Inter's signings because whoever they sign, they always stink. Sorry but that's the best word I can describe them, I can't really understand why that team can't perform given the massive amount of talent they have in the entire squad. It's probably the atmosphere they have over at Inter that makes them unsuccessful. Look at what a breath of fresh air can do to an ex-nerazzurri like Cannavaro. Scudetto on his first try out of Inter, he must be wondering now why he ever signed for a team like Inter in the first place.

And as for Roma, I couldn't care less about them as well. Whoever they sign, they will never beat us because the atmosphere in Roma does not have a single bit of professionalism. It all starts with the players mentallity, and Roma's approach just isn't in the right perspective. They complain too much, and it all starts with their Captain Francesco. I've never seen such an arrogant player than anyone.

A lot of people say his talent is huge, and I believe that. But I've never actually seen it because all I remember about him is bad:

1. Euro Championship, he spits on some scandanavians face. How could an international player do that?! You don't reach such heights in professional football without the trait of "professionalism"!? It's just ridiculous.

2. Champions League, he makes it appear like he's avoiding a tackle but actually stomps on a players back with his full weight. That was clearly intentional from Totti and again, pretty pretty stupid.

3. And every time Totti plays Juve, he always has something to complain about. Jeez, stop blaming us for beating your team most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)