Transfer Market: We Need to Win Here Too (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I saw Riquelme play for argentina, and Mascherano. Both were Brilliant. Mascherano is like a younger version of Emerson, he plays good DMC, and passes well too.

But Riquelme, Man, Great passing and fantastic Goal! Attacks start from him, thats y Argentina won. HE could be something, but I think Barca have plans for him this season.
Barcelona do have plans for Riquelme... they are planing to sell him to Atletico de Madrid :D

As for Macherano, he is great, he is young, he is awsome... and he is sold to Corinthians :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    By s0ftcore

I don't think you really get my point so far. I'm trying to put a scenario where Zambrotta is not a leftback but left winger and Nedved is in the centre with Emo, so I'm confused how you came to the idea of me wanting to build my team around leftbacks
    Take it easy, I was being sarcastic. And I completely understand how you want Nedved in the middle. I also mentioned that if you missed it. I would like to exploit Zamrbotta's pace on the flanks, also in order to save Nedved's ageing legs.

"s0ftocre" no offense, we're all in the same boat here.

And Maresca did express that he did not want to go back to Juve. Hate might be a strong word so I take it back, but these two (Micco and Maresca) feel hard done by Juve and I dont think they would come back.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

Take it easy, I was being sarcastic. And I completely understand how you want Nedved in the middle. I also mentioned that if you missed it. I would like to exploit Zamrbotta's pace on the flanks, also in order to save Nedved's ageing legs.

"s0ftocre" no offense, we're all in the same boat here.

And Maresca did express that he did not want to go back to Juve. Hate might be a strong word so I take it back, but these two (Micco and Maresca) feel hard done by Juve and I dont think they would come back.
    I would really like to see Maresca back in Juve . He is good player.
    I don't understand why we lost Marecca,Miccoli,Brighi (3 young and perspective players) and brought Giannichedda?That doesn't seem logical.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Giovanotti... face it, Maresca will not comeback, he hates Juve... thats the bottom line, sad but true
    Do you think that Maresca is good?
    Do you think that it is logical to lose our 3 young players?

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #67
    Yeah, selling those 3 really raised a lot of questions when they were sold.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Do you think that Maresca is good?
    Do you think that it is logical to lose our 3 young players?
    When you lose two young players for a talented Zlatan Ibrahimovic, it all works out in the end.

And no, we have not lost three players. We will bring Chiellini back either this year or next.

Forget about Maresca already; I'm tired of reading his name.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Like Andy said, we sold Maresca and Miccoli to get the money to buy Zlatan, and we gave Brighi to get Emerson, ate the end it worth the money...

So maybe it was a wrong decition, maybe not... ITS DONE!! face it, accept it and live with it!!

Maresca and Micolli are gone, they are not comming back and thats it... end of story

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Giannichedda- 7.5: Excellent in the midfield all season long and played even better when called upon to play centre back at times. Very consistent and even popped in a goal. Please do not go to Juve! how good is this guy

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Like Andy said, we sold Maresca and Miccoli to get the money to buy Zlatan, and we gave Brighi to get Emerson, ate the end it worth the money...

So maybe it was a wrong decition, maybe not... ITS DONE!! face it, accept it and live with it!!

Maresca and Micolli are gone, they are not comming back and thats it... end of story
    Ok,so why the hell is Di Vaio sold,to get money for what?
    I'll accept that Maresca wont come,but I'm still sad about that,like I said he is one of my fav youngers.Btw,I don't see nothing wrong about respecting Maresca and Micco.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

When you lose two young players for a talented Zlatan Ibrahimovic, it all works out in the end.

And no, we have not lost three players. We will bring Chiellini back either this year or next.

Forget about Maresca already; I'm tired of reading his name.

Chiellini plays at the same position as Zambro,like someone from the forum said we are turning into "DL" team.

What name do you want to read often instead of Maresca?:D

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #75
    I think we're paying too much attention about our left-back position when we've got a pretty solid player to cover us in that department.

All the transfer rumours of Chiellini and Cole really don't interest me. Whether we sign one of them or not, I won't care. We still need other areas to worry about.

I'm more worried about Nedved's replacement or understudy. Bring me Aimar and I'll be a happy man to shut up, or someone similar like Riquelme or the next Ronaldinho.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Who gives a flying feck about Di Vaio? Why do we even have to mention his name? It's not like we needed him this season, not at all. Can't believe some people are dwelling over this guy, and that midget Miccoli as well. These players I have forgotten about after seeing Ibrahimovic this year, and rightfully so. Both of them don't even come close to Zlatan's skill, so why are we talking about them? Sheesh.

And please tell me that Maresca would have made a difference this season because he wouldn't have.

Jul 28, 2002
    Who gives a flying feck about Di Vaio? Why do we even have to mention his name? It's not like we needed him this season, not at all. Can't believe some people are dwelling over this guy, and that midget Miccoli as well. These players I have forgotten about after seeing Ibrahimovic this year, and rightfully so. Both of them don't even come close to Zlatan's skill, so why are we talking about them? Sheesh.

And please tell me that Maresca would have made a difference this season because he wouldn't have.
    u have to admit Enzo woulda done a heck of a lot more than blasi and appiah...possibly the combined efforts of both.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    unfortunately enzo did say he hoped Juve would loose to liverpool, NOT because of the players of fans...but due to the management.....schoolboy error.
    Giovanotti... face it, Maresca will not comeback, he hates Juve... thats the bottom line, sad but true
    Man, he was quoted saying that? Shame :frown:

I guess that shows how much he hates Juve. He didn't say he hated Juve he just said the management was shyt and he has a point after the treatment he received from Juve.

Erm, creative midfielders in the team: Camo, and apparently, Oliveria but he falls down on his ass half the farking time. Kapo, never seen enough of him.

Centre mids (besides Emo): Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    u have to admit Enzo woulda done a heck of a lot more than blasi and appiah...possibly the combined efforts of both.
    I admit Enzo would have done more than them offensively and definitely not lose the ball as much as them. And unlike Oliveria, he's actually interested in the goddamn game.

People say Maresca is not Juve material but when was the last time he was given a decent run in the side, of at least 10 games? Agreed, he is not as physical as Blasi and Appiah but he gets stuck in and Emo is there for a reason.

Pirlo was never really given a decent run when he was at Inter but look what's happening at Milan now. Granted, Maresca is playing alot more now at Fiorentina and they barely escaped relegation this season. But Maresca has been a key player alongside Miccoli in their battle to stay in the Serie A.

Miccoli scored 12, Fiorentina's top scorer while Maresca scored 6, 2nd top scorer. "Big name" players in Fiorentina like Ujfalusi and Nakata are not doing enough. Perhaps Ujfalusi doesn't have a good defensive partner? I don't know I'm no Fiorentina fan. But what I do know is that Maresca would definitely have made a difference, especially in the CL. Season 03/04, 2 apperances from Maresca and 1 goal. I wonder how many Nedved got.

Perhaps that would be an unfair comparison; but at least this shows that Maresca never really got a chance here at Juve. Only 19 appearances in the league when he was here yet 3 goals. Does he contribute? *shrugs*

++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    I think we're paying too much attention about our left-back position when we've got a pretty solid player to cover us in that department.

All the transfer rumours of Chiellini and Cole really don't interest me. Whether we sign one of them or not, I won't care. We still need other areas to worry about.

I'm more worried about Nedved's replacement or understudy. Bring me Aimar and I'll be a happy man to shut up, or someone similar like Riquelme or the next Ronaldinho.
    A solid player? Pesotto? The man is not young anymore we can't rely on him. He will be skinned by opposing wingers. If Zambrotta gets injured, who will we play then?

You know, when Zidane left, we brought in Nedved. Totally different from the way Zidane plays. So when Nedved goes, we have quite alot of options. Emo is a box to box player who is better defensively. What sort of player would be good next to Emo?

Nedved is a box to box offensive player, and likes to drift and give in some wicked crosses. Perhaps our next centre mid could be somebody with more vision and left graft? Somebody who will release the wingers and strikers with more through balls?

Or maybe we could have 2 hardworking centre mids where the formation revolves more around width? Never know but this might end up Appiah in the centre with Emo. That's why I would like Maresca back in the centre to team up with Emo.

After all, the discussion was to "Indicate the player name, and team: and the reason behind it."

Maresca is under a 50/50 ownership between Fiorentina and Juve. So why not? It's much cheaper than Aimar, Riqulme and Ronaldinho and definitely more proven in the Serie A.

Aimar, Riqulme, Ronaldinho? You're having a laugh. Aimar is out of favour and would prefer a move to England so he can team up with Rafa Benitez while Riqulme and Ronaldinho are happy in Spain.

Granted we need a centre mid that isn't defensive but to say that the left back area of Juve is not 'interesting' is really ignorant. We're relying on Zambrotta too much. If he is injured as a left winger, at least we still have Kapo and Cole/Chinelli/(whichever leftback that would be good enough for starting lineup)

If the leftback is injured, Zambrotta could be pushed there and Kapo can play left wing. Worst case scenario where Zambrotta and leftback injured, then we can call on Pessoto. I see him more of a last resort then a backup player - it's not that he's not reliable but we should stop relying on him.

Oh sorry if I touched a nerve, I'm just being sarcastic. But I think I'm more interested in discussing on "indicating a player we should get from what team and state the reason behind it" than being sarcastic though

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

Man, he was quoted saying that? Shame :frown:

I guess that shows how much he hates Juve. He didn't say he hated Juve he just said the management was shyt and he has a point after the treatment he received from Juve.

I admit Enzo would have done more than them offensively and definitely not lose the ball as much as them. And unlike Oliveria, he's actually interested in the goddamn game.

People say Maresca is not Juve material but when was the last time he was given a decent run in the side, of at least 10 games? Agreed, he is not as physical as Blasi and Appiah but he gets stuck in and Emo is there for a reason.

Pirlo was never really given a decent run when he was at Inter but look what's happening at Milan now. Granted, Maresca is playing alot more now at Fiorentina and they barely escaped relegation this season. But Maresca has been a key player alongside Miccoli in their battle to stay in the Serie A.

Miccoli scored 12, Fiorentina's top scorer while Maresca scored 6, 2nd top scorer. "Big name" players in Fiorentina like Ujfalusi and Nakata are not doing enough. Perhaps Ujfalusi doesn't have a good defensive partner? I don't know I'm no Fiorentina fan. But what I do know is that Maresca would definitely have made a difference, especially in the CL. Season 03/04, 2 apperances from Maresca and 1 goal. I wonder how many Nedved got.

Perhaps that would be an unfair comparison; but at least this shows that Maresca never really got a chance here at Juve. Only 19 appearances in the league when he was here yet 3 goals. Does he contribute? *shrugs*

Well said,all true!!!!!:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)