Tomas Rincon - CM - Genoa (18 Viewers)

Grab your seat in El General train, or not.

• VAMOS EL GENERAL!

• who? nah!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
IT's just a clip, but in it he looks exactly like what we've been missing. Someone with some balls and personality in midfield.
:tup:

It's been what we've been lacking since Vidal left. Now I hope we sign Witsel as well this winter, off-load a couple of our fodders and see if we can sign a world-class level CM in summer.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The point is we upgraded for peanuts so what the actual fuck are some of you whining about? And who is the alternative?
We dont know if we upgraded because no one ever watched the guy. What we do know is that he is not a young player and no one heard of him before. If we did upgrade then its unlikely an upgrade by a meaningful margin. If we cant play properly with Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic and hopefully Witsel, adding Rincon will barely be a difference.

I am hoping he turns out much better than what his reputation suggests but its obvious why many can deem this as very underwhelming.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We dont know if we upgraded because no one ever watched the guy. What we do know is that he is not a young player and no one heard of him before. If we did upgrade then its unlikely an upgrade by a meaningful margin. If we cant play properly with Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic and hopefully Witsel, adding Rincon will barely be a difference.

I am hoping he turns out much better than what his reputation suggests but its obvious why many can deem this as very underwhelming.
I agree it's very underwhelming but switching Hernanes with plyer X is almost always going to be an upgrade... Hernanes was completely useless against a decent team.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Judging by those Youtube clips he seems to be a tough and lively though thats not a great indicator to judge a player.

Though should we not be concerned about how easily and low a fee Genoa gave him up for?

I mean if he was a good player and considering its the January market, hes the type of player that we are desperate for, how quickly the deal was done and how much they hate us I would assume that they would at least try and rip us off or even put up a fight to keep the player.

Hopefully its because they desperately want Hernanes. :xfinger:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

No one on Tuz but maybe our scouts were actually watching him? This is the reason why fans misjudge transfers so often. We do not have time and will to observe other teams/players so closely as we do with Juventus.
Rincon transfer is a good one even for the AFCON sake as we're losing both Lemina and Asamoah potentially for two months. Not to mention that Asamoah and Khedira are very fragile (and Marchisio too to some extent). We need dem bodies if we want to be able to play 4-3-1-2 and a runner like Rincon will be useful if we intend to play 4-3-3 where the midfielders need to cover a lot of ground for the front three.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by those Youtube clips he seems to be a tough and lively though thats not a great indicator to judge a player.

Though should we not be concerned about how easily and low a fee Genoa gave him up for?

I mean if he was a good player and considering its the January market, hes the type of player that we are desperate for, how quickly the deal was done and how much they hate us I would assume that they would at least try and rip us off or even put up a fight to keep the player.

Well, we managed to conclude a deal for Sturaro before. Probably we're giving them Hernanes now as well and the last factor might be that this is Rincon's last chance to get a bigger salary and play for trophies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No one on Tuz but maybe our scouts were actually watching him? This is the reason why fans misjudge transfers so often. We do not have time and will to observe other teams/players so closely as we do with Juventus.
Rincon transfer is a good one even for the AFCON sake as we're losing both Lemina and Asamoah potentially for two months. Not to mention that Asamoah and Khedira are very fragile (and Marchisio too to some extent). We need dem bodies if we want to be able to play 4-3-1-2 and a runner like Rincon will be useful if we intend to play 4-3-3 where the midfielders need to cover a lot of ground for the front three.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we managed to conclude a deal for Sturaro before. Probably we're giving them Hernanes now as well and the last factor might be that this is Rincon's last chance to get a bigger salary and play for trophies.
Good point. We only have second hand evidence about his quality. One piece of evidence is that our scouts must have saw something in him to recommend him. But we don't know how big of a role they recommended him for. If he is recommended for the first team for example then thats good evidence that he is a very good player while if they recommend him for the deep bench than its not evidence that he is very good at all.

On the other hand, we have another piece of indirect evidence which is his reputation. He has no reputation and is an old player. Thats evidence against his quality, because quality players usually make noise at least in their leagues.

Lets see how he actually turns out, we already got the guy. I was just saying its normal to not be excited about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it's very underwhelming but switching Hernanes with plyer X is almost always going to be an upgrade... Hernanes was completely useless against a decent team.
Hernanes had some good games with us (Bayern for ex) and I dont think anyone would be an upgrade on him, even this dude turns out to be better. You are way too harsh on hernanes.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Yeh, sadly its a concern. This is the kind of deal we get easily ripped 18+ mils. Its no that 10 mils is a steal, but usually we do way worse than this.

My only guess is that the player had a gentleman talk with the owner and said to him he really wanted to go to juve and to please not fuck up the deal.

Still, for a sporting point of view, it makes no sense to them and the board was in all their rights to rob us... but they suspiciously didnt.

Maybe the nanes factor.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Obviously there is nothing to be excited about in this transfer. He can be a pleasant surprise at most but what else should be expected of a player that costs 2+6 mln these days?

Rincon can be underrated because of his role on the field and the fact that he played for Genoa, typical mid-table team. He could be compared to Marchisio in that regard. Very few football fans see him as top midfielder (maybe that changed a bit now) yet a lot of managers have been praising him for years. A minority of football fans worldwide actually knows a thing or two about football, that's why some players that are extremely useful on the field tend to be disregarded. As I said, Genoa is a typical mid-table club that few people follow. Maybe if we were on an Italian forum, the praise for Rincon would be bigger.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Not true

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern

- - - Updated - - -

I can wait for the match when Allegri pairs him up with Sturaro ::lol3::
Wrong smiley bro

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Dat smile

Quick someone, make a smilerincon

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Good point. We only have second hand evidence about his quality. One piece of evidence is that our scouts must have saw something in him to recommend him. But we don't know how big of a role they recommended him for. If he is recommended for the first team for example then thats good evidence that he is a very good player while if they recommend him for the deep bench than its not evidence that he is very good at all.

On the other hand, we have another piece of indirect evidence which is his reputation. He has no reputation and is an old player. Thats evidence against his quality, because quality players usually make noise at least in their leagues.

Lets see how he actually turns out, we already got the guy. I was just saying its normal to not be excited about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hernanes had some good games with us (Bayern for ex) and I dont think anyone would be an upgrade on him, even this dude turns out to be better. You are way too harsh on hernanes.
Hernanes had about 5 half decent games. The rest were simply awful. And with Marchisio back and Lemina good enough to fill in for him, Hernie became utterly useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong smiley bro

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Dat smile

Quick someone, make a smilerincon
Since everyone can only mention the Bayern game. There is such thing called as "the exception that confirms the rule".

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hernanes had about 5 half decent games. The rest were simply awful. And with Marchisio back and Lemina good enough to fill in for him, Hernie became utterly useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Since everyone can only mention the Bayern game. There is such thing called as "the exception that confirms the rule".
I did mention bunch of other games in several discussions about Hernanes last few months (from the time he upped his game last season up until recently). But the Bayern games are the easiest to remember and thus get mentioned all the time

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #380
    decent games where the other club were too busy ::lol3:: seeing him in a Juve jersey so he had a couple of decent ones. :numnum:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)