Tiago Mendes (3 Viewers)

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Guys in all your mock formations your are forgetting Salihamidzic!!! He will also give us another dimension in left mid or at full back. He is as good an addition to our team as we have had.

Tiago, I have always liked him. He is a top signing. Good strike, pass, vision, pace and he is only 26. He'll mix well with the squad and his ambition is good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
i love to see us finally doing something in the transfer market. Ever since gigi signed his extention things have been looking up!
U could take that a step back by saying ever since Didi resgined :D (Im gonna get bombed for this)

Then again u would have to forget about Trez to say such a thing.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Tiago targets Italian title Friday 22 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyon midfielder Tiago Mendes insists he is joining Juventus with the intention of winning the Serie A title.

The Portuguese ace underwent his medical in Turin yesterday and although the move is not yet official, he’s already talking as a Bianconero.

“I am pleased to be here and I want the supporters to know that I am sure we will compete for the Scudetto,” said the player to Tuttosport.

“I am a classic No 8 although I will wear the No 30 shirt at Juventus.

“In France they used to call me ‘the washing machine’, because I can manage tricky balls, ‘cleaning’ them and serving them to my teammates.

“Milan wanted me too, but Juventus were more decisive.”

The former Chelsea central midfielder is expected to cost the Old Lady of Italian football a transfer fee of around £11m.

Meanwhile, Juventus are chasing Racing Santander defender Ezequiel Garay after Gabriel Milito’s move to Turin stalled.

The Bianconeri had been tracking the Zaragoza player for several months and were reportedly close to signing the Argentine, but the Liga outfit increased their asking price and now seem keen on doing a deal with Real Madrid instead.

According to Spanish newspaper Marca, Juventus have thus turned their attention to Garay who could move to the Serie B champions for a massive £8.5m.

The 20-year-old, who scored 10 goals last season, joined Racing Santander in 2006 from Newell’s Old Boys and is contracted until 2011.

He is an U-20 world champion and was called-up by Coach Alfio Basile for Argentina’s friendly with Switzerland earlier this year, but was unable to play because of injury.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
understandably we have high expectations of Tiago since he is a seasoned player on the international stage with good experience.

but i think he will need a bit of time to get used to the league, even though his skills should get him over the line eventually.

Welcome to juve Mr Mendes

PS when was the last time we had a Portuguese player in the club ?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
understandably we have high expectations of Tiago since he is a seasoned player on the international stage with good experience.

but i think he will need a bit of time to get used to the league, even though his skills should get him over the line eventually.

Dimas in the late 90's, although i hope Tiago makes more of an impression than him

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Paolo Sousa, left us in the summer of 1996.

We've also had other Portugese players. Rui Barros in the 80s.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't believe how many people who were dissing Tiago at first are now "thrilled he'll play for us".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)