Tiago Mendes (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I apologize :D for fielding 12 players, never thought it was disallowed
:lol2:

Aye, that was 7 years ago, my memory doesn't even run that long. :D

Definetly, in Serie A a 3-man defense is simply too open, even with those 3 CM's, who can all defend, in the middle. All in all I can't wait to see what Ranieri has in mind, with all these new signings I'm really anxious for our first game.
I'd might think about it if we had wingers who were both strong in attacking and defending, but still I don't really like it much. I prefer the 3-4-3 with such multi-talented wingers if we have to use three at the back.

By the way, Capello used that formation at Roma and Ancelotti with us. Still don't like it though.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:lol2:

I'd might think about it if we had wingers who were both strong in attacking and defending, but still I don't really like it much. I prefer the 3-4-3 with such multi-talented wingers if we have to use three at the back.

By the way, Capello used that formation at Roma and Ancelotti with us. Still don't like it though.
Capello used a attacking 5-3-2, with 2 attacking fullbacks in Cafu and Candella on the flanks. A lot more safer 3-man defense formation.

Ok, coaches used it :D , point is it's too risky, especially for Serie A in this day and age.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't mind a 3-man defence that much provided that we have good defenders, so far we have only Boumsong and I am not sure how good he is.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Juventus, Tiago e Almiron: "Vogliamo vincere"

TORINO - Primo giorno a Torino per Tiago Mendes e Sergio Bernardo Almiron. I due nuovi acquisti della Juventus, che non ha ancora ufficializzato il loro ingaggio, hanno sostenuto le visite mediche e non vedono l'ora che la stagione abbia inizio per dimostrare tutto il loro valore. E per aiutare la Vecchia Signora a ritornare subito alla vittoria. "La Juve è una società molto seria, che si è comportata molto bene nei miei confronti", sono state le prime parole da juventino di Almiron. Secondo voci di mercato, l'argentino è stato prelevato dall'Empoli per sette milioni di euro più le comproprietà di Paro e Volpato e il prestito di Giovinco. "Adesso - ha aggiunto ai microfoni di Sky - tocca a me ripagare la Juve di tutta questa fiducia". La stessa riconoscenza anima il portoghese Tiago, che il club bianconero ha strappato alla concorrenza del Milan versando nelle casse dell'Olympique Lione circa 15 milioni di euro. "Ho preferito la Juve al Milan - ha detto - perchè è stata la prima squadra che ha creduto in me. E questo mi riempie d'orgoglio. Sono davvero felice di vestire questa maglia e non vedo l'ora di cominciare questa grande esperienza". I due giocatori dovranno presto trovare il giusto affiatamento perchè avranno in mano le redini del centrocampo di Claudio Ranieri. "Almiron? L'ho conosciuto solo oggi - ha affermato Tiago - ma so che è un grande e sono certo che insieme faremo bene". Un giudizio a quello che Almiron ha espresso nei confronti del portoghese: "È un bravo ragazzo - ha dichiarato - e insieme ci troveremo bene". I traguardi che voglio raggiungere, del resto, sono ambiziosi. "Voglio fare il meglio possibile - ha assicurato Almiron - e conquistare subito l'Europa che quest'anno ho raggiunto con l'Empoli". Tiago, invece, vola ancora più in alto: "Spero di vincere lo scudetto", ha detto con gli occhi che brillavano d'entusiasmo.

Juventus, Tiago and Almiron: " We want victory"

TURIN - First day in Turin for Tiago Mendes and Sergio Bernardo Almiron. The two new purchases of the Juventus, though they have not still made official their moves, have concluded the medical visits and they can't wait for the hour that the season is beginning in order to demonstrate all the their value. And in order to help the Old Lady to return to winning ways. " Juve is a society much serious, and much good in the ways it has dealt with me", have been the first words from juventino Almiron. According to market voices, the Argentine has been captured from the Empoli for seven million euro plus the co-ownership of Paro and Volpato and the loan of Giovinco. " Now - he has added to the microphones of Sky - he touches me to repay the Juve of all this fiducia". The same spirit the Portuguese Tiago uttered, that the bianconero club has beaten off the competition of the Milan pouring in the cases of the Olympique Lione approximately 15 million euro. " I have preferred the Juve instead of Milan" - he said - "because she believes so much in me. And it fills up me up with pride." "I am happy and I can't wait for this glorious experience to begin". The two players will have soon to find the right harmony because they will have a task in the new midfield of Claudius Ranieri. " Almiron? I have known him only today - Tiago has asserted - but know that he is a great player and are sure that together we will be good". A judgment to what Almiron has expressed in the comparisons of the Portuguese: " He is Bravo - has declared - and together we will play good". The goals that I want with the rest of the squad are ambitious ones. " I want to do as well as possible - Almiron has assured - and to conquer the Europe that this year I have caught up with the Empoli". Tiago, instead, flies still more up: " I hope to gain the scudetto" , he said with the eyes that shone of enthusiasm.

http://www.calciomercato.it/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnIdCategoria=3&hdnId=21000

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good shit boys. I know Tiago will serve us quite well and he's always been one of my favorite players in football. I've also enjoyed watching Almiron at Empoli and we haven't had such a good passer of the ball in midfield since Zidane in my opinion.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Good shit boys. I know Tiago will serve us quite well and he's always been one of my favorite players in football. I've also enjoyed watching Almiron at Empoli and we haven't had such a good passer of the ball in midfield since Zidane in my opinion.
That's great. At first glimpse, I'd compare both of them, as a pair, to Vieira (Tiago) and Emerson (Almiron), but in the case of Tiago I'm confident we're dealing with a much better player than the douche I just compared him to. And it's probably unfair to Almiron to be compared with a sumo wrestler. Not that he's a bad footballer or anything.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's great. At first glimpse, I'd compare both of them, as a pair, to Vieira (Tiago) and Emerson (Almiron), but in the case of Tiago I'm confident we're dealing with a much better player than the douche I just compared him to. And it's probably unfair to Almiron to be compared with a sumo wrestler. Not that he's a bad footballer or anything.
Almiron is much more skillful with the ball than Emerson and obviously has better technique. Hopefully he'll become one of the top passers in Europe with better players around him.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i love to see us finally doing something in the transfer market. Ever since gigi signed his extention things have been looking up!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juventus, Tiago e Almiron: "Vogliamo vincere"

TORINO - Primo giorno a Torino per Tiago Mendes e Sergio Bernardo Almiron. I due nuovi acquisti della Juventus, che non ha ancora ufficializzato il loro ingaggio, hanno sostenuto le visite mediche e non vedono l'ora che la stagione abbia inizio per dimostrare tutto il loro valore. E per aiutare la Vecchia Signora a ritornare subito alla vittoria. "La Juve è una società molto seria, che si è comportata molto bene nei miei confronti", sono state le prime parole da juventino di Almiron. Secondo voci di mercato, l'argentino è stato prelevato dall'Empoli per sette milioni di euro più le comproprietà di Paro e Volpato e il prestito di Giovinco. "Adesso - ha aggiunto ai microfoni di Sky - tocca a me ripagare la Juve di tutta questa fiducia". La stessa riconoscenza anima il portoghese Tiago, che il club bianconero ha strappato alla concorrenza del Milan versando nelle casse dell'Olympique Lione circa 15 milioni di euro. "Ho preferito la Juve al Milan - ha detto - perchè è stata la prima squadra che ha creduto in me. E questo mi riempie d'orgoglio. Sono davvero felice di vestire questa maglia e non vedo l'ora di cominciare questa grande esperienza". I due giocatori dovranno presto trovare il giusto affiatamento perchè avranno in mano le redini del centrocampo di Claudio Ranieri. "Almiron? L'ho conosciuto solo oggi - ha affermato Tiago - ma so che è un grande e sono certo che insieme faremo bene". Un giudizio a quello che Almiron ha espresso nei confronti del portoghese: "È un bravo ragazzo - ha dichiarato - e insieme ci troveremo bene". I traguardi che voglio raggiungere, del resto, sono ambiziosi. "Voglio fare il meglio possibile - ha assicurato Almiron - e conquistare subito l'Europa che quest'anno ho raggiunto con l'Empoli". Tiago, invece, vola ancora più in alto: "Spero di vincere lo scudetto", ha detto con gli occhi che brillavano d'entusiasmo.

Juventus, Tiago and Almiron: " We want victory"

TURIN - First day in Turin for Tiago Mendes and Sergio Bernardo Almiron. The two new purchases of the Juventus, though they have not still made official their moves, have concluded the medical visits and they can't wait for the hour that the season is beginning in order to demonstrate all the their value. And in order to help the Old Lady to return to winning ways. " Juve is a society much serious, and much good in the ways it has dealt with me", have been the first words from juventino Almiron. According to market voices, the Argentine has been captured from the Empoli for seven million euro plus the co-ownership of Paro and Volpato and the loan of Giovinco. " Now - he has added to the microphones of Sky - he touches me to repay the Juve of all this fiducia". The same spirit the Portuguese Tiago uttered, that the bianconero club has beaten off the competition of the Milan pouring in the cases of the Olympique Lione approximately 15 million euro. " I have preferred the Juve instead of Milan" - he said - "because she believes so much in me. And it fills up me up with pride." "I am happy and I can't wait for this glorious experience to begin". The two players will have soon to find the right harmony because they will have a task in the new midfield of Claudius Ranieri. " Almiron? I have known him only today - Tiago has asserted - but know that he is a great player and are sure that together we will be good". A judgment to what Almiron has expressed in the comparisons of the Portuguese: " He is Bravo - has declared - and together we will play good". The goals that I want with the rest of the squad are ambitious ones. " I want to do as well as possible - Almiron has assured - and to conquer the Europe that this year I have caught up with the Empoli". Tiago, instead, flies still more up: " I hope to gain the scudetto" , he said with the eyes that shone of enthusiasm.

http://www.calciomercato.it/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnIdCategoria=3&hdnId=21000

Claudius Ranieri. :lol2:

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Now let's go hunt some defenders.
I hope there is enough money left for two quality defenders. Actually I could have lived with only one of Tiago or Almiron and would have rather spent more money on defense. But I don't mind to have both of them as long as we improve our defense significantly. It's by far our worst part in the team. I would rather play with Zanetti and Marchisio in midfield than with Legro and Boumsong in defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)