Tiago Mendes (14 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This, from wikipedia:

Tiago is particularly renowned for the consistency of his performances. Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari famously said of Tiago that "he never gives more than 90% or less than 70% of his ability. He doesn't experience surges or dips in form, he just plays the same effective game week in and week out." Scolari's comments were supported by José Mourinho, Tiago's coach at Chelsea, who has called Tiago 'a dependable machine'.

He was offloaded by Chelsea when they finally managed to clinch the long-awaited signing of Michael Essien.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
Good signing. Welcome to Juve, Tiago!

It's nice to see the team finally taking shape after all those rumours. We still have come more holes to fill and its crunch time for Trez and Camo, but the ball is now rolling.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I like Tiago, but what are we going to do with all those CM's?
Zanetti, Marchisio, Nocerino, Tiago, Almiron. I think that's a good number of CM's, especially since Marchisio and Nocerino are so young. The obvious gameplan here is to rotate them into the squad and nurture their growth.

We don't need another central midfielder except for perhaps someone such as Diego who would take the role behind the strikers.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I like Tiago, but what are we going to do with all those CM's?
which CMs do you mean?? Paro is going to empoli, Zanneti is back up, Marchisio is the future, Giani could be used as back up for defence or we can also sell him.

we don´t have that much

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Zanetti, Marchisio, Nocerino, Tiago, Almiron. I think that's a good number of CM's, especially since Marchisio and Nocerino are so young. The obvious gameplan here is to rotate them into the squad and nurture their growth.

We don't need another central midfielder except for perhaps someone such as Diego.
The thing is, Marchisio needs lots of playing time. Zanetti's simply not good enough and I apart from Nocerino the only two true destroyers we have would be Blasi and Tacchinardi who won't stay. We are full of controlling midfielders. In reality you only need 4 central midfielders. We should focus on the flanks and the defense now.

P_neddy

Dec 10, 2005
I don't think so Seven, as you seem to be underestimating Zanetti's capability as a destroyer in the midfield. He's our best midfielder in term of "defensive" attribute, and should surely be one of the starter. Taking a quick glance at the midfielders we have now, I firmly believe we'll play 3 of them in the the starting XI with Zanetti and Almiron playing the role of anchoring the midfield and passing the balls to the wingers and forwards (which I hope are Camo, Neddy, and Tiago). Sounds very decent to me, both offensively and defensively.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The thing is, Marchisio needs lots of playing time. Zanetti's simply not good enough and I apart from Nocerino the only two true destroyers we have would be Blasi and Tacchinardi who won't stay. We are full of controlling midfielders. In reality you only need 4 central midfielders. We should focus on the flanks and the defense now.
I think Zanetti is good enough. He's been one of our best players all season and when he was at Roma he was a good player for their midfield, so I believe he can start for us in Serie A. With Tiago and Almiron along with him, all Zanetti has to do is win balls, which he's certainly adept at. I don't really see a problem.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Sadomin in April said:
I'd like the Juventus midfield to have two versatile players centrally next season. Not a meat grinder or a ballerina. Mavuba is something in-between, which is just what we need. Tiago would be an awful transfer.
I still hold on to this. We'll sell Tiago in January to Spurs, mark my words. We'll probably replace him with Sissoko who'll be in Africa. Fuck, Marchisio will probably be injured at the time too. Damn, what to field against Inter in the Coppa?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Zanetti is good enough. He's been one of our best players all season and when he was at Roma he was a good player for their midfield, so I believe he can start for us in Serie A. With Tiago and Almiron along with him, all Zanetti has to do is win balls, which he's certainly adept at. I don't really see a problem.
I would like us to have a better defensive mid than Zanetti but I wouldn't be at all concerned about playing him regularly next season. The same applies to Tacchinardi who I hope an play some role for us next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)