Tiago Mendes (10 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I like Tiago, but what are we going to do with all those CM's?
I heard Ranieri likes to play a 3-man defense, 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2 so that would explain it. I can't say I approve of it, I think 3-man defenses are dead and burried but lets give him the benefit of a doubt.

Perhaps he has in mind something like this;

--------------Zanetti-------------
-------Tiago-------- Almiron----
Camo--------------------Nedved

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I heard Ranieri likes to play a 3-man defense, 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2 so that would explain it. I can't say I approve of it, I think 3-man defenses are dead and burried but lets give him the benefit of a doubt.

I'm fairly certain Ranieri will use the four-man defense. Your midfield above is certainly something we could see this coming season... and I like it.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006

hmm that's pretty decent ... but i wouldn't be at ease if Zanetti gets injured (like allways).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm fairly certain Ranieri will use the four-man defense. Your midfield above is certainly something we could see this coming season... and I like it.
Ranieri is weird, I can't say I like him. He likes rotation too much and experiments all the time, he can't find, or won't settle for a consistent formation each game. I wouldn't be surprised if we indeed saw something along those lines next season, though the midfield would be very strong and balanced that way but 3 man in the defense is just too open. I can't remember when that sort of formation was deployed by a big club.

It does indeed look sexy.

But with that formation there is no room for Alex, provided we play four at the back. ;)
I was just gonna ask Rab what if he played a 4-5-1, Chelsea style, with that midfield. :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If Ranieri chose to play with 4man behind and with vltako's midfield then It's going to be too defensive style I think.

Nedved, Almiron, Tiago and Zanetti are all good when it comes to defending. Anyway, we should take our risks.

- - - - - - - - - - -Buffon - - - - - - - -
- - - Grygera - - Milito - - - Chiellini
- - - - - - - - - - -Zanetti- - - - - - - -
Camoranesi - Tiago - Almiron - Nedved
- - - - - -Trezeguet - Del Piero- - - - -

Sounds crazy attackin thing, but looks nice to me and solid. all the midfielders infront of Zanetti can all defend maybe except for Mauro, but thats not a big deal. Tiago and Almiron can always make the cover when Pavel or Mauro attack.

Dp on Trez's left, looks like an open game and some nice football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranieri is weird, I can't say I like him. He likes rotation too much and experiments all the time, he can't find, or won't settle for a consistent formation each game. I wouldn't be surprised if we indeed saw something along those lines next season, though the midfield would be very strong and balanced that way but 3 man in the defense is just too open. I can't remember when that sort of formation was deployed by a big club.
Hitzfeld won the CL with Bayern using three at the back and Leverkusen reached the final with Madrid using that as well. Porto uses it sometimes currently, but I'm with you in saying we would be too stretched at the back in Serie A.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Ranieri chose to play with 4man behind and with vltako's midfield then It's going to be too defensive style I think.

Nedved, Almiron, Tiago and Zanetti are all good when it comes to defending. Anyway, we should take our risks.

- - - Iaquinta - Trezeguet - Del Piero
Hopefully FIFA will allow us to field Del Piero as the 12th man. ;)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

- - - Iaquinta - Trezeguet - Del Piero

Sounds crazy attackin thing, but looks nice to me and solid. all the midfielders infront of Zanetti can all defend maybe except for Mauro, but thats not a big deal. Tiago and Almiron can always make the cover when Pavel or Mauro attack.

Iaquinta on Trez's right, Dp on Trez's left, looks like an open game and some nice football.
it does, except for the fact you've fielded 12 players :shocked:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Hitzfeld won the CL with Bayern using three at the back and Leverkusen reached the final with Madrid using that as well. Porto uses it sometimes currently, but I'm with you in saying we would be too stretched at the back in Serie A.
Aye, that was 6 years ago, my memory doesn't even run that long. :D

Definetly, in Serie A a 3-man defense is simply too open, even with those 3 CM's, who can all defend, in the middle. All in all I can't wait to see what Ranieri has in mind, with all these new signings I'm really anxious for our first game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)