Thuram to Real? (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
Sky Sports news

Real Madrid have been linked with a move for French international defender Lilian Thuram.

According to reports in France, officials for the El Santiago Bernabeu giants look to be exploring the possibility of landing the Juventus man in the summer.

The 32-year-old is still under contract with the Bianconeri until June 2006 and the defender himself recently hinted that he would honour his current Juve deal before retiring from the game.

The former Monaco and Parma star has attracted the interest of top clubs in Europe in recent seasons, with Manchester United having been linked with a move for the Frenchman last summer.

Thuram's career efforts earned him a place in Brazilian legend Pele's top 100 list of greatest players in football last week.

It remains to be seen if Los Galacticos could swing a deal to bring the defender to the Spanish capital.

The Turin club are likely to resist any approach for Thuram and would hope that he is true to his word and honour his current deal at Stadio Delle Alpi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
as with the other players,it really depends on the size of the offer.if the numbers are good enough then we're gonna accept it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Real interested in Thuram
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Juventus stopper Lilian Thuram is the latest Serie A player to be linked with a summer move to Real Madrid.

Although the Spanish giants have recently resisted the temptation to sign big name defenders, reports in France insist they like Thuram.

The 32-year-old, who is tied to the Delle Alpi outfit until 2006, has previously stated that he intends to end his career in Turin.

However, there is the possibility that Juventus may decide to sell the World Cup winner because of his age.

Thuram has had a poor season by his own high standards and Juventus could cash in on the former Parma man.

The Turin giants are expected to rejuvenate their defence in the summer with the possible arrivals of Daniele Bonera and Matteo Ferrari from Parma.

Bonera is a versatile stopper who, like Thuram, can play in the centre or as a right-back.

If Real do make a bid for the player, then Juventus are expected to ask for a fee of around £6m.

Thuram, who was a past target for Man Utd, is now in his third season with the Old Lady following his £20m move from the Stadio Tardini.

===

What do you say we sell our best defender and let Real finally hire a good defenseman? I don't think I would too keen on this move if the circumstances were different but at £23m and €9m a year Thuram is just not living up to the price tag IMO. He's always been a favorite of mine but at Juve he has been less than genius. Fair enough the transfer fee is a lot of added pressure, at no fault of the player, but it's a reality of the soccer world and his wages are anything but modest as well.

I believe he could enjoy a good time at Real. They are less defensive minded and he'll be more inclined to resume his offensive runs I think. Plus at Real he'll be a star among stars, frankly he deserves that.

May 17, 2003
I think Real will play him in the center, where he prefers and he would do good. I think it would be good for Real as well for Juve (if we get a good offer) Coz, he's ageing and not playin like he was when he was in Parma.......We would do better with another right back.

OP
kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    hate to see him go, but he is on the wrong side of 30. we need younger players. if the money is rite, i dont think moggi wud resist.

possible arrivals of Daniele Bonera
    :wallbang: again his name comes up.....

Jul 28, 2002
    dont want bonera, unless he is on the seriously cheap buy list....other wise we can get better.

OP
    kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    yea, john.....we've been screaming for a few months now :LOL:

say NO to bonera :D

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    Its too risky to build a totally new defence.

I wouldnt sell Thuram, just buy Mexes and play the two Frenchmen in the center. Zambo on the right or left paired with some new face. Leg, Biri, Pes and a young CD are on the bench everyone else can go away (of course Ciro can stay if wants to).

OP
    kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    i dont think real wud sell/give salgado. he is their best defensive option ATM. thuram wud be an addition to that....

Jul 28, 2002
    swap for salgado...mr gimme a sec, ill jus run to the other end of the pitch??

Michel is good in la liga, mainly cos he jus runs up and dow the wing, but he is a crap defender.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    Our young Parma targets are not so convinceing nowadays. They are running all over the place like chickens and conceeding even more goals than us.

OP
    kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    agree with togon, we can keep thuram....move him to CB with mexes (will we get him?) and buy another RB and CB....

but it's all down to money; real wud usually offer big money, and moggi's big plan for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)