Thuram to Real? (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
well said...

i think he should not play a game for a whole season and just work on stregthening his joints and muscles to carry his big ass around. a lot of physiotherapy. they should also teach him how to run, give him the proper shoes so he wont slip. he seems to lack these basic things :wallbang:

then comeback ready....

problem is, he'll probibly injure himself during physiotheorapy!! :LOL:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
:LOL:

But I like tudor

If we do sell Thuram though and get, say quite a sum of money, and we have not confirmed any new defender(s) coming in won't that be horrible? We're left with everyone in the defence who's playing rubbish and Thuram isn't there

its scary

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
:LOL:

But I like tudor

If we do sell Thuram though and get, say quite a sum of money, and we have not confirmed any new defender(s) coming in won't that be horrible? We're left with everyone in the defence who's playing rubbish and Thuram isn't there

its scary
You speak as if Thuram isn't "playing rubbish", but he is.

Piotreque

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You speak as if Thuram isn't "playing rubbish", but he is.
But not in the last match against Depor he was along with Appiah our best player.But after all I would like him to play in the centre,my defensive line up next season is Zambro-Thuram,Mexes-Trabelsi,looking good both in defence and in offence.But I think that if ManU come in for Mexes we would give in

Aug 1, 2003
That's not what I meant Ian.. The whole defence is playing rubbish, but I don't think Thuram is the worst, therefore I'd rather have him there than not at all with our current choices of defenders

Jul 12, 2002
That's not what I meant Ian.. The whole defence is playing rubbish, but I don't think Thuram is the worst, therefore I'd rather have him there than not at all with our current choices of defenders
I'd rather replace him along with the rest of our defence. I think that only acceptable defender we have is Zambrotta.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I do think he's the worst, i'd rather even have Bonera at the moment.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
If you think Thuram is our worst defender then maybe you are closing your eyes everytime Montero or Legro goes near the ball - actually I do that too.

I close my eyes and hope they'll go away.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
If you think Thuram is our worst defender then maybe you are closing your eyes everytime Montero or Legro goes near the ball - actually I do that too.

I close my eyes and hope they'll go away.
Alright, there's been a lot of bad mouthing of every defender on this squad except Zambrotta. Let's be real for a minute:

Montero is old, and he's lost a step because he's old, and since his injury he's not been the same. Nevertheless, at times he's been our best defender, lending strength and stability to our backline. I think his main problem is that he can't go a full 90 and thus he shouldn't be a starter for us anymore. That doesn't mean that he should be sold, because he still has service to give to the club.

Legro has been absolutely terrible this season. He was supposed to be our saviour, but he's failed to reproduce the form that attracted our attention. We've given him almost a whole season and he's consistently dissappointed. He's probably the most expendable member of the defence

Tudor is injured, plain and simple. He's our best defender when healthy, but it doesn't happen that often, so we can't rely on him. He needn't be sold, but we can't consider him a starting option.

Ferrara and Pessotto shoud be out next season. Both of them should retire and even if they don't I can't see them playing, barring an injury crisis.

Birindelli is a fine back-up and generally reliable. He must be kept because there aren't a lot of players like him out there.

Iuliano sucks, and he should be shipped out. He doesn't contribute anything to our defence and he might fetch a price somewhere. It's time to say goodbye.

Thuram has been off-form for the large majority of this season. Currently, I rate him similar to Montero, good, but not a starter. The difference is that Thuram can fetch a serious price on the transfer market, so we should sell him in order to afford more and better young defenders.

Last but certainly not least, Buffon has lost a step. Some of y'all want to blame his poor performance this season on the defence, but I think that it's the opposite. If anythig, last season's defence was worse than the current one, but Buffon held them up. This season, the defensive weaknesses are highlighted because Buffon has let in more goals. It's time we gave him some competition, either Carini or another keeper who can push Buffon. Besides that, Chimenti isn't an adequate back-up.

That leaves us with one defender: Zambrotta, the rest need to be replaced, and we need some back-ups too.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
is juve capable of buying a lot of quality defender?
we're not that good financially this year and buying a quality defender for a small price seems to be quite a challenge...
and i dont think Ajax want someone who have a terrible injury list (Tudor) he's a good and versatile player
shame to see what happened to him

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
im sick of tudor. it makes me sick inside- the fact that the prime of his life is wasting away in injuries, he had first team potential, he could have been a brand-name defender, with numerous honors to his name.

i wish i could find stats on what percentage of his career at juve was spent injured

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++

i wish i could find stats on what percentage of his career at juve was spent injured
i think you mean what percentage of his career at juve was spent NOT injured :D

it's easier to calculate that way :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
the croatian coach once called him the best player in the world:D
:LOL: I think, for about two weeks in 2000 he was the best defender in the world.

Jan 7, 2004
i have seen tudor since he first came to juve and i have also seen how lippi trusted him and had him play even if he was playin like crap and he had no confidence. and i have seen him improve. too bad its not workin for him anymore

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Wouldn't you like to see Real have an even worse defence?

(although i think Real's defence is THAT weak, as everyone is always saying it is..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)