Thuram to Real? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I'd sell him. For those who say he's our best defender, you're wrong. Aas bad as this is, Zambrotta is our best defender, and Thuram is all but useless to us. We need to get rid of the "Old Gaurd" and bring in younger, faster players. If we can get good money for Thuram, we should, considering we're not going to get anything for Montero, Iuliano, Pessotto, etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 7, 2003
Sell Thuram now and bring someone like Trabelsi, Oddo or Puyol. Now thuram is 32 and if we can get some cash for him that will be nice, we need young defenders-they will be our future, and Moggi must spend some cash for defenders now becouse our defence really sucks.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Cichy_10 ] ++
Sell Thuram now and bring someone like Trabelsi, Oddo or Puyol. Now thuram is 32 and if we can get some cash for him that will be nice, we need young defenders-they will be our future, and Moggi must spend some cash for defenders now becouse our defence really sucks.
Hinkel is a good option too.

Jul 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Hinkel is a good option too.
Oh i forgot him-he's really class and I even think that he will be one of the best RB in near future-he has big potential, if we can get him this will be great!!

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I hope we do.
would you sell your mother if offered enough money?

you want to sell EVERY player we have. what is more important? big account for juventus or juvebtus as a team. inter had money, but do they have a team? do you want that?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think Zlatan believes that it's healthy for a player not to be with a club for too long. You know, Z, Ancona has a one year rotation policy, would that accomodate you better? :p

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
thuram is suffering from the others. just as legro is. if we sell thuram, then we should sell montero, iuliano and pessotto while ferrara retires.

add in there the useless tudor who plays 5 games a year. fresi of course would leave also.

what does this leave us with? zambrotta, birindelli and legrottaglie.

i dont know about you people, but i'd rather see thuram acting as our experienced defender rather than iuliano or montero. thuram is having bad form, he isnt physically finished and can still play in the middle, where i believe lippi will play him.

montero, iuliano, pessotto and ferrara should not be there next season. maybe even tudor shoudl be used as bait. we do need some experience in our defensive unit.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
1. ferrara is retiring at the end of the season, even if he is our best defender or not.

2. montero and the others are leaving for sure.

3. thuram is having bad form, he is still capable of being world class as he has shown for a decade now.

4. who is going to replace him and the others? are we gonna bring in 5 new defenders? or are we gonna get money for a world class defender like thuram but keep incapable washed up players like montero and iuliano as our experienced defenders?

come on...selling thuram would be the worst move of the summer.

suleiman bello

Mar 8, 2004
I AGREED WITH MY FELLOW FANS THAT OUR TARGET IN PARMA ARE NOT CONVINCING. WE SHOULD GO FOR PLAYERS THAT ARE MATURED AND GOOD ENOUGH IN JUVE. IF WE WANT TO CONTINUE WITH OUR WINNING TRADITIONS.

suleiman bello

Mar 8, 2004
WE AT OLD LADY AS JUVENTUS IS BEEN REFERS TO, KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO DO AND WHEN TO DO THINGS TO MAKE OUR TEAM STRONG WHENEVER THE NEED ARISE. I FEEL IT IS RIGHT TIME WE START LOOKING FOR YOUNGER PLAYERS (DEFENDERS) WHO WILL REPLACE PLAYERS LIKE THURAM AND MONTERO, FEW TO MENTIONED OUT OF THEM.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I would sell Turam to Real because:

1. I hate Real Madrid, and seing a 32 year old defender not in his best shape there will be nice

2. I assume that out of all of our defenders we can get most money ($10 million someone said) out of this world cup winner

3. There have been a lot of talks about Turam "wanting" to leave. Let him leave if he wants to.

4. His contract expires in 2006 (if I am not mistaken). Let's not wait until we can get no money out of him.

5. His shape this year is far below from what he's shown during his first two years with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)