This is the best food because I say so thread (7 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
WΏΏdy;3664982 said:
Stick when with fellow foreigners in the early days and traditional with the locals and later when i learned how to order and handle it.

Thing is with traditional you get a lot more variety then you get with stick, but traditional is well....traditional :D
Stick is so much more managable :p

When I went for the first time in chongqing i went up to the fridge and just got everything. We started cooking stuff and the locals were laughing at us and i couldn't work out why - and then i ate one of the things i was cooking. You know the little pastries they have with jam/fruit fillings? We put a load of them in :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He probably has loads. He lives in a major city.

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 20:43 ----------

Anyone like Ceviche?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see. I was told that there are parts of America where Indian food hasn't really taken off. Seems to be bigger on the east coast now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I see. I was told that there are parts of America where Indian food hasn't really taken off. Seems to be bigger on the east coast now.
It's pretty big north of D.C. Asian markets are huge too. I did most of my shopping in one when I lived in Baltimore.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Asian markets are definitely huge. China towns are everywhere now. They sell the craziest shit over there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a shame so few people here eat fresh seafood. We live on a small fucking island with some great tasting food in our waters, and only a few species are eaten here. Most of that is served in batter or frozen shit. They have even had to rename some of them so people will buy them. The rest is eaten in continental Europe, they go mad for it.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
It's a shame so few people here eat fresh seafood. We live on a small fucking island with some great tasting food in our waters, and only a few species are eaten here. Most of that is served in batter or frozen shit. They have even had to rename some of them so people will buy them. The rest is eaten in continental Europe, they go mad for it.
I'm alergic so I can't. Sometimes I wish I could, and then i accidentally eat some and vomit everywhere and don't mind at all :weee:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ceviche? I've had a variation of this a couple of times with sashimi, just left in lime. I'd be quite interested in trying an authentic version of that, although I do prefer cooked fish with citrus. With sashimi or sushi more savoury.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I suggest you guys try Ceviche then (except you sam). It's the bomb, especially if you're hung over.
I'm alergic to the omega oils - I can't eat food with worceshire sauce, fish sauce, japanese fish stock noodles etc. Its more of a pain than a nut alergy - I have to ask the full list of ingredients where i eat otherwise within 10 minutes i need to run to the toilet.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #75
    The thing is, I don't like raw or barely cooked seafood.
    Yeah raw oysters :inter: cooked ones though :drool: I'm not the biggest seafood fan though I do love squid and octopus, easily the best seafood. Fish is pretty meh to me now same with prawns and all that other stuff.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Yeah, octopus is my favorite too. You gotta try grilled shrimp yo, oh man. Fish like salmon and trout is meh to me. The less common freshwater fish is awesome when cooked right.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #77
    Yeah I've had it all. The best is the way the greeks (yeah I know...haha) do octopus legs fried on the spit. After it's done they chop them up into bite size pieces and just put I think oil, vinegar, salt and lemon on it. I could eat that shit for days.

like that:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)